BBC: Chelsea agree deal for Sarri to join Juventus

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
True, he might also be thinking that taking the job at the hardest possible time, with transfer ban, without Hazard and when he's probably going to have to entirely change the style of play (unless Lampard Ball?), when he's never managed a single game in a top league, is not a good idea.

Plus if he's not good enough for Derby he'd be unlikely to make a 2nd season with Chelsea, so hardly missing the opportunity.

We'll see what happens this week I guess.

Edit: It worked for Madrid with Zidane, which at the time also looked pretty crazy given he never did anything with Castilla. So maybe Lampard will be lifting the CL at the end of the season. Football is a crazy sport sometimes..
Lack of confidence is not something people like Lampard deal with. If he's offered it, he'll accept.

In terms of top level players getting chances before they've "proved themselves" there are more Gary Nevilles and Thierry Henrys than there are Zidanes and Peps for sure though.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Although the Chelsea job comes up almost every year who is to say Lampard himself might not have a disastrous season at Derby and never get the opportunity again?

II'd take it if offered!
I’d say it’s 50/50, if he bombs with Chelsea it will be more damaging than if he had a poor season with Chelsea IMO.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I’d say it’s 50/50, if he bombs with Chelsea it will be more damaging than if he had a poor season with Chelsea IMO.
I guess you mean more damaging if he fails with Chelsea than with Derby?

If so, I disagree. Tons of managers have been failed at Chelsea and most come out of it with their reputation intact "oh, it's Chelsea, they always sack managers".

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I guess you mean more damaging if he fails with Chelsea than with Derby?

If so, I disagree. Tons of managers have been failed at Chelsea and most come out of it with their reputation intact "oh, it's Chelsea, they always sack managers".
But, he does not really have a managerial reputation yet

AshRK

It all seems very strange, Sarri to Juve and Lampard to Chelsea. Both may turn out to be a dud deal for both clubs.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You were lucky to hire managers like Mourinho, Ancelotti and Conte at the peak of their powers. Sarri was a bit lucky in the league as well considering how ourselves and Arsenal imploded. These managers left good squads for their successors.
How were they lucky to hire great managers? :lol:

That's called good management

Makelele

Is this Chelsea way of selling tickets in a season of transfer bans, long term injuries to youth stars and loss of its biggest star in decades?

Welby5

Supports
Chelsea
Mark Hughes was axpert at failing, but it never stopped him from getting job after job.