BBC Impartiality

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Meanwhile BBC doubling down...

so the context is that it was "only a one off" so that was okay, even though Charlotte Johnson Wahl said it was anything but a one off.

Reactions: Damien

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC

The thing is the BBCs actions have only went and further proven the point. The nazis wanted state controlled media...

Drifter

American
This has gotten out of control. I am not a fan of Lineker , but he has every right to say what he did. I never knew how much the Tories influence had gripped the BBC, but there is no doubt now.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Did they really think they’d get away with this? :lol:

These last 13 years of government will go down as the darkest and dumbest in history. Absolute lunatics.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
This as gotten out of control. I am not a fan of Lineker , but he has every right to say what he did. I never knew how much the Tories influence had gripped the BBC, but there is no doubt now.
What rock have you been living under? Have you not heard of Gibb and Davie?

ThehatchetMan

Supports
Crusaders FC
It's a shame BBC don't havent had a "have your say" open for any of their reporting on the topic this week.

I wonder why

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
On the one hand I completely agree. On the other hand linking your own Tweet is the sign of a dangerous mad-man, so I felt obliged to look through your retweets.

********** is a great product. The team did an amazing job in a world of grifters.

Simbo

Enjoying Alastair Campbell going off on one about this around the various media outlets.

RedDevilQuebecois

They’ve come out backing her.
It makes me laugh that they are willing to die on that hill for such trash. Meanwhile, I saw a long-time female news anchor in my home country losing her job because she chose to keep her hair grey (from the pandemic and lockdowns). News corporations are on crack nowadays, it seems.

littlepeasoup

I genuinely grew up seeing the BBC as the bastion of British culture, news, the most trusted place on TV.

Cow-towing to Tory pricks and veering hard to the right is everything the BBC should not be. Such a damn shame.

justsomebloke

Some context:

My favourite part about that one is the glowing references from... Belarus. You know, that country in Europe with such a stellar human rights and transparency record.

This is my favourite though:
Ah. Thank you. Illuminating.

ThehatchetMan

Supports
Crusaders FC
If there is one video you're going to watch on the topic. Make it this one.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days

I’m ok with this sort of cheeky little dog whistle. We see you Clive.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Remember when people continually argued that the BBC was an institution to be proud of, worth paying a licence fee for, and so much better than any possible alternative?

Feeling rather glad to have never contributed financially to that steaming turd of a broadcaster my entire adult life.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Remember when people continually argued that the BBC was an institution to be proud of, worth paying a licence fee for, and so much better than any possible alternative?

Feeling rather glad to have never contributed financially to that steaming turd of a broadcaster my entire adult life.
The Conservatives have won. They kept calling it a left wing propaganda machine and then infiltrated it to the point where it’s useless and no one trusts it. Will be gutted and got rid of eventually.

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
Does Gary have a few of these people living in his swanky home, or within close quaters to his million pound mansion by any chance?

He can feck off then.

ThehatchetMan

Supports
Crusaders FC
Does Gary have a few of these people living in his swanky home, or within close quaters to his million pound mansion by any chance?

He can feck off then.
Funnily enough he has housed refugees. So yes he does have a few in his swanky home.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

It was an institution to be proud of. It actually still is, it's just been taken over by corrupt, utterly impartial directors, complicit in the repression of free speech. If those people are the institution fair enough, you're right. But if they are just temporary gatekeepers of it then you're wrong.

Same as the NHS really. It's a corrupt shambles presided over largely by absolute human sputum, but it doesn't make the institution itself, or even the majority of the people working for it, any less laudable.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
In his own home has he mate?
Gary Lineker reveals he is taking in another refugee to his home

Gary Lineker says he is about to take another refugee into his home after the “wonderful experience” of doing it before.

The Match of the Day presenter and former England striker welcomed a refugee into his Surrey home last year.

He told The Sun he could not “comprehend” people who criticised him for wanting to help “people who are being bombed, who are risking their lives jumping on dinghies”.

He said: “I was actually supposed to take another one a couple of weeks ago, but am just waiting on the paperwork. It wasn’t just a one-off like the public perception was.

“It’s genuine. I got a lot out of it, and it was just a wonderful experience.”
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/gary-lineker-taking-another-refugee-his-home-b964763.html

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll

He can feck off then.
Oh shut the feck up