BBC Impartiality

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-63500745

The BBC said it does not comment on individual staff matters, but added that this was when the presenter, who has not been on air since the incident, was returning to the News Channel.
Oh really?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-38666914

James Harding, director of BBC News said: "While we respect the Trust and the people who work there, we disagree with this finding.
"Laura is an outstanding journalist and political editor with the utmost integrity and professionalism. BBC News reported on the leader of the opposition in the same way it would any other politician.
Went to the dogs since their board was replaced with tory donors, councillors and members.

Tarrou

it’s been riddled with Tories on the political staff for years now…

maximus419

Nothing but a propaganda channel for the govt, the news and political arm of it has been compromised due to Tory interference.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The BBC is something to be proud of and it’s shite to see it being gutted by those Tory ghouls.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Don't even bother to watch Question Time these days. Fiona Bruce will allow tories to lie through their teeth while constantly talking over and interrupting anything that is critical of the government.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
News reporting has definitely gone down the gutter, more of a propoganda arm of the government these days.

It's a shame, it used to be a trustworthy news source.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I think they've gone too far along the line of popularising their television and internet coverage, which says as much about the BBC as it does the general state of the Attention Economy.

Quite often they seem to do things because they know it'll get people talking rather than being about balanced reporting - something sadly that doesn't correlate as much as it should. IMO Question Time is the absolute epitome of this low standard and exists for no other reason than because it gets people hot and bothered, sharing clips on social media and what not.

The radio stations are almost like a time warp into what the BBC used to be like, particularly the World Service which is a fantastic station. The Documentary is a must listen.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Meanwhile...

Absolute fecking joke.

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
Gammon eating wokarati cancel culture vultures.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I think we have a topic for Attenborough's next series.

Right Wing Feelings: Nature's Most Fragile Creature

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Is the idea to make the BBC a cesspit of Tory cnuts so we all agree it should be cancelled? Much like how they’ve defunded the NHS into oblivion? I’m fecking furious. There’s not a single institution these wretched shitheads haven’t fecked.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
There needs to be a thread I can post in regularly to just say feck the Tories. cnuts.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Well and truly no longer a democracy of any kind.

Gary Linekar did not make these comments during a BBC event and he has made very political comments during BBC broadcasts for example the Qatar World Cup opener.

It absolutely reeks of Conservative political pressure and censorship.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Is the idea to make the BBC a cesspit of Tory cnuts so we all agree it should be cancelled? Much like how they’ve defunded the NHS into oblivion? I’m fecking furious. There’s not a single institution these wretched shitheads haven’t fecked.
Well and truly no longer a democracy of any kind.

Gary Linekar did not make these comments during a BBC event and he has made very political comments during BBC broadcasts for example the Qatar World Cup opener.

It absolutely reeks of Conservative political pressure and censorship.
They don't need to pressure or censor directly. They have made sure all the decision makers are ideological members of the Tory Party.

Dan_F

They tried their best with Channel 4 too.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
BBC was imo the last of the big news channels that was somewhat impartial and presented both sides fairly. That's long not been the case though.

Smores

How ridiculous, he talks about football on the BBC for feck sake. His political views are completely irrelevant.

Amusingly it'll be Jenas who replaces him and then all the Tory Gammons will be even more outraged.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
They don't need to pressure or censor directly. They have made sure all the decision makers are ideological members of the Tory Party.
I know they appointed one of their own to run it but that in itself is political pressure and censorship at play.
How ridiculous, he talks about football on the BBC for feck sake. His political views are completely irrelevant.

Amusingly it'll be Jenas who replaces him and then all the Tory Gammons will be even more outraged.
And yet Lord Sugar didn’t have to do anything like this when he tweeted his Corbyn and Hitler tweet. And the rest of his rants against Corbyn.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Does Neville appear on the BBC at all? I would assume he won't be any time soon.

CallyRed

Wrighty backing up Linekar and not appearing on the show tomorrow to show solidarity. Good on him.