BBC vs ITV Euro 2020

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
McCoist is good but it was glaringly obvious if you've seen him on QoS that his personality is top notch and would transfer well to punditry as he wouldn't be robotic and boring.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Peter Walton has the best agent in all of entertainment. He has a BT gig every week saying "Yeah, ref was right" and now he has the same gig on ITV for the Euros.
To be fair, the creativity he shows in pulling nonsense out of his arse in defence of referees and VAR can't be easy. Doesn't matter how obviously wrong the decision is, you can always count on him to explain why referees are amazing.

Josep Dowling

Jermaine Jenas being co-commentator on BBC makes me lean towards ITV. One of the worst. Picks a narrative and has to stick with it. It was Sterling today. How he gave him MOTM when Phillips was hands down the best player on the pitch. It wasn’t even close.

arnie_ni

Could listen to mccoist commentate all day long, esp compared to jenas

choccy77

Inappropriate Content
I'm waiting to see which station will have the first ****** Colour Commentator or Pundit.

It's bound to happen the way things are going.

diarm

I've always been BBC over ITV, mainly because of ads. But with McCoist, Keane and most importantly a lack of Jermaine Jenas, ITV are well on top this year.

diarm

I'm waiting to see which station will have the first ****** Colour Commentator or Pundit.

I'm happy that you won't be here to tell us about it when it happens.

predator

Youth NITK
BBC is full of monotonous voices and Shearer is as dull as dishwater. Mowbray also is irritating.

ITV are smashing it so far. Good panels and mccoist and Tyldesley are great together.

BBC will be seething about how good a game that was.

CaptainBirdseye

with the ways things are going, these days, if you say you're English, you'll get arrested and thrown in jail!

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Where the feck did this come from :lol: Do people sit around waiting to get triggered?

sillwuka

It's okay to like both channels, I don't mind Jenas but I absolutely adore McCoist and Clive, could listen to them all day.

Jon Hartson made the Austria game difficult to watch. Try and fake some enthusiasm please?!

arnie_ni

Can someone translate this because it surely doesn't mean what I think it does?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Couldn't have said it better myself. Absolutely awful commentator. Why is he even on there? His clean cut image is all he has going for him,for feck sake.
He'd be the Michael Owen of punditry if Michael Owen wasn't already the Michael Owen of punditry.

Withnail

I usually watch RTE over either of the British stations but with most of the old guard gone it's not been up to the usual standard.

I switched to ITV/BBC today and ITV's definitely doing the best job this tournament.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I used to be indifferent to Jermaine Jenas, but the more exposure he gets, the more he grates. For a man who is paid to talk, he's not very good at talking, particularly as a co-commentator.

For now, ITV is doing a bit better. Their pundits seem to have done their homework beyond knowing who the Premier League players are. Shearer's depth of punditry appears as if the only football he watches is those 10 minute segments on Match of the Day.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Used to prefer BBC, but ITV are better this tournament (although still far from great).

What the likes of Shearer, Jenas and Murphy have done to be BBC’s regulars over the years is beyond me. They’re awful.

I’m also getting really sick of English pundits in general knowing absolutely nothing about football outside of the PL. It’s hard to listen to sometimes as they squirm trying to think of stale cliches to describe players they’ve never watched before, hoping to kill enough time so the presenter moves the conversation on. Shearer talking about Immobile the other night was painful.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I long for the day either one of these two broadcasters replace their 'experts' with actual people who are far more informed, especially ones who cover foreign leagues, onto their panels.

Honigstein, Lowe, Horncastle, Wilson, Marcotti to name but a few who could comfortably add more depth and charisma to their coverage.