Bebe

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Thought he had disappeared of the face of the earth but he's currently playing like the love child of Ronaldo and Messi.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
If he has space and play in counter attack it's difficult to stop him. It was the same at Paços de Ferreira. When he doesn't have space and has to create like at Benfica, he struggles. Still can´t cross though

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He was the best attacking player from both teams on the pitch today. Was kinda surprised he started when he has about 2 weeks of training at Córdoba since the Benfica loan. Now i understand.

pascell

I'm happy for him that's he finding his feet in Portugal. Could've easily gone into his shell and dropped off the face of the earth, after moving from us. Hope he continues to improve and make something of his career.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I'm happy for him that's he finding his feet in Portugal. Could've easily gone into his shell and dropped off the face of the earth, after moving from us. Hope he continues to improve and make something of his career.
He's playing for Cordoba in La Liga. Was good against Real today.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Rayo Vallecano - 1 year loan deal. Had a miserable season at Cordoba. Didn't score once in 18 games.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Performances like the one discussed above (and the superb goals he's scored in Portugal) are all the evidence you need to ignore the ridiculous conspiracy theories. Clearly a player with a lot of raw talent, who struggled with the dedication and consistency required when he stepped up to play top flight professional football. Good luck to him. Hope he has a decent career.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Performances like the one discussed above (and the superb goals he's scored in Portugal) are all the evidence you need to ignore the ridiculous conspiracy theories. Clearly a player with a lot of raw talent, who struggled with the dedication and consistency required when he stepped up to play top flight professional football. Good luck to him. Hope he has a decent career.
My sentiments exactly.

However, when he says Fergie didn't recognise him when he got his hair chopped, alarm bells start ringing :lol:

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
To be fair, considering his upbringing and background I would say he has had a successful career. I am sure any of us would have considered ourselves a success if we had been signed by Manchester United and played a few games.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Bebe said in an interview with maisfutebol.iol.pt: 'I never took Manchester United seriously and never understood a word about what Alex Ferguson was saying.

'I thought, "I’m here, I’m doing well and I don’t have to try hard every day. It was my fault. I was messing around too much".'

And he laid bare the communication problems which led to difficulties in his relationship with Ferguson.

'I went into the room and saw that he was looking for me, very concentrated. He told me to cut my hair, it will look better. So I cut it the same day. In the next training session, he didn’t recognise me. I went past him many times and he didn’t know me.

'He didn’t speak much but I didn’t understand much. He has a difficult accent, so I understood nothing.

'He called me "Baby". After I told him it wasn’t like that.'

He also believes that the legacy of Cristiano Ronaldo hanging over the club is to blame for a poor working bond between the manager and winger Nani - and gave a theory behind the famous 'hairdryer treatment'.

'When he shouts at a player it is to help him so he feels he can do more. For example, he shouted at Nani many times. He always found a problem in everything he did. Probably because he thought he could be as good as Cristiano Ronaldo.'

But for all the strife, Bebe does have some fond memories of his time in England.

'One day I passed the ball through Ryan Giggs's legs and he told me, "Go on, go tell your mother you did this to Ryan Giggs".'

He also paid tribute to staff at the club - and to several Portuguese-speaking team-mates who helped him bed in.

'It was incredible. The people at the club helped me a lot - I learned a lot there. The first week was difficult. I was very nervous and I didn’t speak to anyone. I just wanted to be be alone and observe.

'Anderson and Nani helped me most, of course, because they speak Portuguese and Patrice Evra. I lived with Anderson for two months. He showed me the club and the city. I will always be grateful for this.'

The 22-year-old said he thought agent Jorge Mendes was joking about being wanted at Old Trafford.

The move in August 2010 came five weeks after a free transfer to Vitoria de Guimaraes from Portuguese Second Division side Estrela. 'It was all very sudden and unexpected. I was on the train and the club president of Vitoria called me. He said I had to go very quickly to Jorge Mendes’ house.

'When I arrived, Jorge gave me the news, asking, "Do you want to go to Manchester United? Yes? Let’s go." I didn’t believe him. I thought he was joking, honestly.

'I don’t know if the value was right or not but I know that Mr Ferguson believed the information they gave him.'

Guy is hilarious. Deserved a second chance at OT.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Bebe said in an interview with maisfutebol.iol.pt: 'I never took Manchester United seriously and never understood a word about what Alex Ferguson was saying.

'I thought, "I’m here, I’m doing well and I don’t have to try hard every day. It was my fault. I was messing around too much".'

And he laid bare the communication problems which led to difficulties in his relationship with Ferguson.

'I went into the room and saw that he was looking for me, very concentrated. He told me to cut my hair, it will look better. So I cut it the same day. In the next training session, he didn’t recognise me. I went past him many times and he didn’t know me.

'He didn’t speak much but I didn’t understand much. He has a difficult accent, so I understood nothing.

'He called me "Baby". After I told him it wasn’t like that.'

He also believes that the legacy of Cristiano Ronaldo hanging over the club is to blame for a poor working bond between the manager and winger Nani - and gave a theory behind the famous 'hairdryer treatment'.

'When he shouts at a player it is to help him so he feels he can do more. For example, he shouted at Nani many times. He always found a problem in everything he did. Probably because he thought he could be as good as Cristiano Ronaldo.'

But for all the strife, Bebe does have some fond memories of his time in England.

'One day I passed the ball through Ryan Giggs's legs and he told me, "Go on, go tell your mother you did this to Ryan Giggs".'

He also paid tribute to staff at the club - and to several Portuguese-speaking team-mates who helped him bed in.

'It was incredible. The people at the club helped me a lot - I learned a lot there. The first week was difficult. I was very nervous and I didn’t speak to anyone. I just wanted to be be alone and observe.

'Anderson and Nani helped me most, of course, because they speak Portuguese and Patrice Evra. I lived with Anderson for two months. He showed me the club and the city. I will always be grateful for this.'

The 22-year-old said he thought agent Jorge Mendes was joking about being wanted at Old Trafford.

The move in August 2010 came five weeks after a free transfer to Vitoria de Guimaraes from Portuguese Second Division side Estrela. 'It was all very sudden and unexpected. I was on the train and the club president of Vitoria called me. He said I had to go very quickly to Jorge Mendes’ house.

'When I arrived, Jorge gave me the news, asking, "Do you want to go to Manchester United? Yes? Let’s go." I didn’t believe him. I thought he was joking, honestly.

'I don’t know if the value was right or not but I know that Mr Ferguson believed the information they gave him.'

Guy is hilarious. Deserved a second chance at OT.
:lol:

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Bebe is set for life. By dating Jorge Mendes daughter, even if he doesn't learn how to cross till the end of his career, her dad will get him clubs till he retires. Next up Valência or Mónaco.

manutddjw

I don't get the criticism for some of Sir Alex's signings over the years. Bebe, Obertan, Diouf, Tosic and others all went on to play regularly in good leagues. Obviously they weren't good enough for us, but the way the signings are ridiculed make it seem like we signed a bunch of players who were so bad that they followed Freddy Adu's career path after leaving us. Whether these players worked out or not had no bearing on our season or future plans and we should consider ourselves lucky that we can piss away 7 Million on potential.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Can't believe he's 25 now.

Benfica value him so much they just keep shipping him out. He had that one fairly impressive season at Pacos, scored a buttload of screamers. That was 13/14. He's scored 1 goal since then.

Brophs

The One and Only
So Bebe is talking up a return to United? He's basically saying his agent is Mendes, then?

Also, he seems to lack a very basic understanding of how many goals is a good number of goals.

Boycott

He's had quite a few good reviews like that before.

A lot is said on how his career came about but he's definitely got talent but it's a shame he's playing catch up. If he had proper youth coaching at a professional club, aided along his development and therefore having a more natural progress rate he may be a top flight player who is accepted as one, rather than a player who everyone enjoys to joke about (not in the derisory way tbf). Plus there was that injury at Besiktas.

It's not out of question for him to play for Portugal. I hope he does and I think he'll have a good career. I suppose one thing that's worked in his favour over the enigma he's become is the exposure he's got. If he does get 10-15 goals people will take notice and PL clubs will be interested.

Jev

Just saw that interview earlier in the thread, feck me how arrogant is Giggs.