Bed sheet banners for Wednesday.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I have a feeling this will be reaaally badly translated by the media.
Yeah, this is going to get coverage potentially for years to come - at least on RAWK :p

Did the "... since last Sunday" one get made? That was the one I wanted to see.

Aporkalypse

:lol:

That is fantastic. The usual sources can twist it however they want, this is taking the piss out of Chelsea pure and simple.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Anyone got pics of it from TV coverage?

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Some footballers who should be playing tonight: John Hellins, Peter Gorey, Paranormal Whiteside and ... you can do better, can't you?

Before the game, let's all take a moment to laugh at Nails McCluskey, an Arsenal-crazed chum of mine …. who missed last night's extravaganza at the Madejski because he locked himself in a car park. It is right and just to bring this to wider attention.

7.42pm: United fans have just unfurled a large banner reading: "Clattenberg, Referee, Leader, Legend". There'll be needle in this game and no mistake. Meanwhile, Ally Fogg recommends "Andy Witchie" as a participant in tonight's proceedings.

From Guardian.

Oldham

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/featur...galore-in-thriller-at-stamford-bridge?cc=5739

With fans dressed as zombies, ghosts and one fan surely in possession of an offensive weapon when carrying a scythe as part of his Grim Reaper costume, the hope was that the nightmares would be confined to Halloween japes. The unfurling of a provocative 'Clattenburg: Referee, Leader, Legend' banner, in answer to the Shed End's celebration of John Terry revealed that United fans were not here to kiss and make up. A singing of 'Where's Your Racist Centre-Half' compounded an atmosphere of needle that would eventually ebb as the evening went on and a high quality of the contest diverted attention from latent firestorms.

Chelsea are still in the process of making sense of their Sunday. One of their pair of complaints against Clattenburg has fallen by the wayside. The other, for a racial remark by the official to John Obi Mikel is being stood by, as legal eagles attack the affair. With credibility at stake, Chelsea are facing down their own accusations, those of being a rogue club, less than a fortnight after Bruce Buck and Rob Gourlay took to the radio airwaves to try and put a cork in the Terry saga. Having released a pre-match statement, the club are in lockdown, and will no longer answer questions on the subject of Clattenburg.

Terry himself continues to sit out his own ban for racist language, but the evidence from Sunday did not fully equate to contrition. A carefully worded programme note on Sunday was accompanied by some paparazzi pictures of him out on the razz, deep in the small hours, while reports place him at the heart of the angry delegation headed for the referee's room. It was suggestive that his ability to do what he wants at Chelsea remains, though a lower profile in the rematch was kept, with Ashley Cole by his side in the stands.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
:D

I wouldn't worry about media perception. Everyone sees it as a laugh, taking the piss out of their blind support for Terry. It still works as satire if Clattenburg is found guilty of racially abusing one of their players.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I have a feeling this will be reaaally badly translated by the media.
Maybe. But who cares? Football is all about the fun and banter. Certain pundits and journalists would do well to remember that.

Hal9000

Most media reports seem to understand it's a dig at the Chelsea banner.

Crustanoid

Not all of them. Huffington Post (while not negative - remember Clattenburg hasnt been found guilty of anything) seem to say we are 'supporting' the ref:
Manchester United Fans Pledge 'Support' To Mark Clattenburg

Crustanoid

Tbf to them they also list our other amusing japes on the night - songs about the ref and Clattenburg which mock Chelsea. Its just the headline which seems a little sensationalist

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Not all of them. Huffington Post (while not negative - remember Clattenburg hasnt been found guilty of anything) seem to say we are 'supporting' the ref:
I think the fact that supporting is in commas shows that they know it is not support at all and just pisstaking - it is clear when you read the article, like you say it is just the headline

anyway it was a good night, the increased allocation always makes it one to remember - shame the lads couldnt hold on for the win but we got the important one on Sunday so Im not really bothered

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
It was in the Times today :D And yes they got the joke.

May scan it tomorrow as I didn't think to today.

Member 39557

Congratulations - this has now been made into a proper 20ft banner :D

Cost 90 quid, and donations were made through posters on Red Issue.

Will be hanging from the second tier on Wednesday, pictures will follow tomorrow.
Did you see any trouble between united fans on wednesday? I unfortunately had to listen to the first half on the radio and they were saying that a few United fans were fighting amongst themselves. I remember thinking "shit, I hope it's not about the banners!"

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Did you see any trouble between united fans on wednesday? I unfortunately had to listen to the first half on the radio and they were saying that a few United fans were fighting amongst themselves. I remember thinking "shit, I hope it's not about the banners!"
There was some stupid little scrap in the middle of their about twenty minutes in.
Think it was about the flare, nothing major.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
I was there. Think it had to do with the flare. Nothing crazy though.

Member 39557

I was there. Think it had to do with the flare. Nothing crazy though.
Ahh, they said there was a flare, but didn't specify which section of the crowd it was from. Glad it was nothing major.