Ben Arfa to Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
thats a good signing for them, move that Argentinian player to the right and play Ben Arfa on the left, drop routledge he's a bit shit.

Georgie Best

If I had to choose between sleeping with Miss Worl
I think Newcastle got a good coveage at the wings now. Jonas, Ben Arfa, Routledge and Gosling. I bet they can end at the upper half of the table this season.

Seems like this is a case where the relagation did them good, it gave Andy Carroll and others a great chance to develop and they are more of a unit now then they were when they relegated. They have several good players, and proved against Aston Villa that they have a outsider chance to get to the Europa League next season.

I think Alan Shearer was wrong when he said they needed a surgery to the bone, because I think they have a good foundation to build on now. Goalkeeper and Forward might be problems areas though, I bet they might have to use Ben Arfa there against the end of season. If they have the money - they should consider getting Shay Given back, that would be a excellent signing.

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
I think Newcastle got a good coveage at the wings now. Jonas, Ben Arfa, Routledge and Gosling. I bet they can end at the upper half of the table this season.

Seems like this is a case where the relagation did them good, it gave Andy Carroll and others a great chance to develop and they are more of a unit now then they were when they relegated. They have several good players, and proved against Aston Villa that they have a outsider chance to get to the Europa League next season.

I think Alan Shearer was wrong when he said they needed a surgery to the bone, because I think they have a good foundation to build on now. Goalkeeper and Forward might be problems areas though, I bet they might have to use Ben Arfa there against the end of season. If they have the money - they should consider getting Shay Given back, that would be a excellent signing.
It would be a good signing, it would also be pretty harsh on Steve Harper. They have Krul, who is a very good young keeper so I think their money would be better spent on another striker to complement Carrol.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
It would be a good signing, it would also be pretty harsh on Steve Harper. They have Krul, who is a very good young keeper so I think their money would be better spent on another striker to complement Carrol.
i think Harper is a good keeper TBH! i think they need a defensive midfielder.

RedRover

Oh dear, oh dear, when will they learn...

I work in Newcastle and most of the geordies are deeply concerned by this bloke.

One thing Newcastle seem to have is great team spirit, that "everyone expects us to go down so we'll stick together" attitude. This lad is clearly an absolute arsehole. Pissed of everyone at every club he's ever been at hence why despite his obvious talent no decent clubs have come in for him.

Another big time Charlie who may very well upset the harmony in the squad and do more damage than good, especially if things aren't going his way.

On the flip side if he does alright he'll probably be talking himself up for a move after ten games.

Newcastle always seem to want to sign a "big name" rather than what they actually need. Recent signings - Collocini (absolutely shite - one of the worst defenders in the league) and Guttierez (half a dozen goals in his whole career), Barton (jailbaird, nutcase - one decent season for city), Nolan (career on the slide - has put on about 3 stone since he signed) and Alan Smith (non goal scoring forward, too slow for a midfielder) - mostly for big fees all on massive wages so they couldn't get rid of them once they went down.

A few weeks back in the league and they're back to old form. They'll be bringing back Tino Asprilla next.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
Oh dear, oh dear, when will they learn...

I work in Newcastle and most of the geordies are deeply concerned by this bloke.

One thing Newcastle seem to have is great team spirit, that "everyone expects us to go down so we'll stick together" attitude. This lad is clearly an absolute arsehole. Pissed of everyone at every club he's ever been at hence why despite his obvious talent no decent clubs have come in for him.

Another big time Charlie who may very well upset the harmony in the squad and do more damage than good, especially if things aren't going his way.

On the flip side if he does alright he'll probably be talking himself up for a move after ten games.

Newcastle always seem to want to sign a "big name" rather than what they actually need. Recent signings - Collocini (absolutely shite - one of the worst defenders in the league) and Guttierez (half a dozen goals in his whole career), Barton (jailbaird, nutcase - one decent season for city), Nolan (career on the slide - has put on about 3 stone since he signed) and Alan Smith (non goal scoring forward, too slow for a midfielder) - mostly for big fees all on massive wages so they couldn't get rid of them once they went down.

A few weeks back in the league and they're back to old form. They'll be bringing back Tino Asprilla next.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I smell a SMB

Name Changed

weso26
Good signing for them. Anyone they sign would be an improvement on most of what they have to be fair.

Name Changed

weso26
It's not like they have rubbish. They are more decent side than most think, with a number of proven EPL players.
They are obviously not rubbish, but if they are signing a current French international player, it is almost a given that it is an improvement on what they have.

A lot of the pundits are tipping them for relegation because of their lack of quality in the squad. They have no real backup forward to Andy Carroll, their central defence is very poor, and Alan Smith and Joey Barton aren't a great centre midfield partnership. They are decent, but they will be ecstatic to finish 17th.

Brophs

The One and Only
Newcastle's greatest saving grace this season will be the number of teams who are much worse than them. They'll finish around 15th by virtue of teams like Blackpool , Wigan, West Brom and possibly West Ham having less about them.

Name Changed

weso26
Newcastle's greatest saving grace this season will be the number of teams who are much worse than them. They'll finish around 15th by virtue of teams like Blackpool , Wigan, West Brom and possibly West Ham having less about them.
I'd be very surprised if they don't go down. They really are poor.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
They are obviously not rubbish, but if they are signing a current French international player, it is almost a given that it is an improvement on what they have.

A lot of the pundits are tipping them for relegation because of their lack of quality in the squad. They have no real backup forward to Andy Carroll, their central defence is very poor, and Alan Smith and Joey Barton aren't a great centre midfield partnership. They are decent, but they will be ecstatic to finish 17th.
The pundits were talking crap though. Barton is an excellent EPL midfield. So is Nolan who plays ahead of him and Smith. The likes of Guthrie, Lovenkrands, Taylor, Harper and Jonas who are the supporting cast aren't that bad either, neither is their defence as bad as many think now that Campbell is there to eventually stablize it.

The fact is they got relegated last time because of off field strife rather than being a crap side. Newcastle even before strengthening are a tough side at home as Villa found out & signings like Tiote and Ben Arfa are just going to give them the depth to most likely finish in a comfortable slot way above the drop zone. The only worry realy is upfront were the cover for Carrol in terms of quality is pencil thin. But they are a team with goals in midfield. If anything its only the manager's lack of experience that could realistically make them favorites for relgation rather than their personnel.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Stoke?

Brophs

The One and Only
I think Stoke will be on Newcastle's level. They'll bully enough teams to get the points they need, particularly if they can get Jones playing.

IhabX7

I hope he does really well. A joy to watch at his best.

Name Changed

weso26
The pundits were talking crap though. Barton is an excellent EPL midfield. So is Nolan who plays ahead of him and Smith. The likes of Guthrie, Lovenkrands, Taylor, Harper and Jonas who are the supporting cast aren't that bad either, neither is their defence as bad as many think now that Campbell is there to eventually stablize it.

The fact is they got relegated last time because of off field strife rather than being a crap side. Newcastle even before strengthening are a tough side at home as Villa found out & signings like Tiote and Ben Arfa are just going to give them the depth to most likely finish in a comfortable slot way above the drop zone. The only worry realy is upfront were the cover for Carrol in terms of quality is pencil thin. But they are a team with goals in midfield. If anything its only the manager's lack of experience that could realistically make them favorites for relgation rather than their personnel.
Just because Hughton is not a big name, it does not make him inexperienced. He has been at Newcastle for a while and he was at Spurs before that. He knows the game inside out and he has the potential to be a top coach/manager.

There aren't really that many goals from midfield. Realistically, only Kevin Nolan. Barton doesn't score that many, and Smith hasn't scored in a very long time. They'll be relying on their wingers. They are an ok side, but I can't see them doing anything but fighting relegation.

How are the pundits talking crap anyway? They get paid to give an honest assessment. Obviously they all know a shit load more about football than the likes of me and you.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Just because Hughton is not a big name, it does not make him inexperienced. He has been at Newcastle for a while and he was at Spurs before that. He knows the game inside out and he has the potential to be a top coach/manager..
He is inexperienced in terms of being the top man only.

There aren't really that many goals from midfield. Realistically, only Kevin Nolan. Barton doesn't score that many, and Smith hasn't scored in a very long time. They'll be relying on their wingers. They are an ok side, but I can't see them doing anything but fighting relegation.
Fair enough. I'm convinced you will be wrong.

How are the pundits talking crap anyway? They get paid to give an honest assessment. Obviously they all know a shit load more about football than the likes of me and you.
No, a lot of them actually don't. That they have proven time and time again and IMO this season wont be any different.

Ringo 07

He just scored a peach for Newcastle against Everton. Anyone know how he has been playing in that game! Looks like a good loan signing for them indeed!

Ringo 07

I would prefer Bale anyday but Ben Arfa could prove to be the buy of the season if he fulfils his potential and stops being a troublemaker for a change!

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Ben Arfa is on a season long loan, I suppose he would be looked at if he does extremely well for Newcastle and doesn't cause any problems.

Ekeke

I would prefer Bale anyday but Ben Arfa could prove to be the buy of the season if he fulfils his potential and stops being a troublemaker for a change!
Well the team that bought him, dont want him. Nobody in France seems to. Hence he's on loan at Newcastle. He's always going to cause a problem, for some teams his talent will be worth it. We arent one of them

::sonny::

A fantastic game against Everton, a great goal and useful defensevely too

Superb!

RedRover

He's French ofcourse hes gonna be a bit if a cnut. SAF likes players witha bit of an edge to them
He might do - but what about a player who goes on strike a year after joining his current club in a £13 million deal?

An undoubted talent but needs to grow up. It'll not be long before Newacstle have a dodgy spell and he's in the press moaning about it.

He'll probably end up getting chinned like Taylor did.

red2deadboy

Feeling he'll fly at castle and one of the top 4 clubs will end up coming in for him, SAF could have got him for 7mill though seems we are branching into the homeless street soccer market.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Feeling he'll fly at castle and one of the top 4 clubs will end up coming in for him, SAF could have got him for 7mill though seems we are branching into the homeless street soccer market.
After one good goal, you're bashing SAF for not buying him?

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
These pointless digs at the Bebe transfer are fast becoming tiresome :boring:

RedRover

These pointless digs at the Bebe transfer are fast becoming tiresome :boring:
Agreed. Give the lad a chance. Nobody had heard of Ronaldo before Fergie splashed alomst double that amount on him.

cloud218

Innocent until proven guilty. Let's give Bebe a chance you dumbasses. Yes, I understand the feeling, but to go and start dissing people flat out? Obviously there's something wrong with how you've grown up.

Status
Not open for further replies.