Ben Arfa to Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

nimic

something nice
Scout
So your point is that most football fans hadn't watched Ronaldo week in week out?

You don't fecking say?

That is not the same as practically calling Ronaldo an unknown before we signed him.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
So your point is that most football fans hadn't watched Ronaldo week in week out?

You don't fecking say?
Some here make it look like that was the case.

That is not the same as practically calling Ronaldo an unknown before we signed him.
No, Rowem argued he wasn't unknown to Bebe's level, but "far from being a household name" until that friendly, which I believe is correct.

Devilton

How does that cnut De Jong keep getting away with these types of tackles???

Ben Arfa looks fecked. Suspected broken ankle.

twitter thread suggester
Don't worry, it's not serious according to the co-commentator. He knows this because Ben Arfa didn't bang his hand into the ground...

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Shouldn't this thread be in the football forum now?

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
good honest challenge according to Keegan and Butt on ESPN. Don't get that at all.

Eto'odinho

Retard magnet
How does that cnut De Jong keep getting away with these types of tackles???

Ben Arfa looks fecked. Suspected broken ankle.
The challenge in itself wasn't as bad as the outcome but you do have a point about De Jong, referees need to take note of him. I am still amazed that he is yet to be sent off this year.

Devilton

Gotta say...the lad is one tough kid. Even though his leg was broken when he waved to the crowd I honestly didn't think he was that hurt. Compared to crybaby Messi and even Valencia who went into shock Ben Arfa showed a really high threshold of pain.

Wish him a speedy recovery.

Devilton

The challenge in itself wasn't as bad as the outcome but you do have a point about De Jong, referees need to take note of him. I am still amazed that he is yet to be sent off this year.
It wasn't the tackle, that itself was full blooded and perhaps legal but he caught Arfa after the ball and brought him down (I remember Arfa leg was trapped between De Jong thigh). I only saw it twice as the match was going on and haven't seen any other replays but it looked like De Jong took the opportunity to give him some afters.

He strikes me as a very crafty, dirty player - someone who knows how far he can go to impose himself but without geting all stupid about it like Karl Henry did just this week.

Devilton

How many legs has he broken in his career?
Dunno. But I seem to recall he had a horrendous foul in the world cup as well where he damn near stuck his spikes into some poor bastards chest. Seems he got away with that one as well (or maybe i'm thinking of someone else).

All's I know is when he plays he's right on the edge with most of his tackles and being physical is a part of his game so breaking some poor kids legs only enhances his hard man reputation.

Neutral

BTV
Broken Fibula and Tibula, he's done at Newcastle...only there on a loan deal. The waving makes sense now, once he got the oxygen and calmed down, I guess he wanted to wave goodbye to the Newcastle fans.

Man-United

Signed for Newcastle, 4 year deal.

Good signing? He was good before the injury.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Nice from Newcastle to show faith in him whereas he hasn't played that many matches from them.
I wish him the best as despite being a player generally hated in France I like him very much

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
They will get better when he recovers fully and when Carroll stops getting injured. They have a pretty good team to be in the top half of the table next season.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Nice from Newcastle to show faith in him whereas he hasn't played that many matches from them.
I wish him the best as despite being a player generally hated in France I like him very much
Well he was brilliant for them in the games he played here in England before he got injured. I'd say it is a really good signing for them. If they manage to hold on to Carroll and they buy a couple of good players in the summer, then they might have a formidable team.

Ekeke

How was Laurent Robert rated and liked in France? I guess Newcastle like moody French left wingers

Also how good are Rami and Gameiro? As Rami is on his way to Valencia in the summer and Gameiro is the next one they're working on...

kouroux

Well he was brilliant for them in the games he played here in England before he got injured. I'd say it is a really good signing for them. If they manage to hold on to Carroll and they buy a couple of good players in the summer, then they might have a formidable team.
Brilliant would be a little too much no ? He was alright.He surely has impressed them in more than just the matches he played.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Good for him and good for the league.

Very interesting player.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
Glad he'll stay in this country, looking forward to seeing him get a consistent run in the team when he's fit again. One of those players that you always look out for.

kouroux

Apparently Wednesday during a preseason match in the US he hurt the ankle he broke a few months ago.His preseason is already over and he was sent to England.
He's been rather unlucky

Status
Not open for further replies.