Ben Chilwell to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Looks like the 8 year olds on twitter do not like Chilwell. Check the replies.

Ekeke

I’d be happy with Chilwell, just not for that ridiculous fee. He will inevitably be compared to Ashley Cole and I don’t think he will be hitting those heights.

Just imagine how much Evra and Cole would have been worth in today’s market. 150 million?
Not a chance. £60 million is more like it.

oz insomniac

When your owner invests in the club and doesn't use it to repay debt and siphon dividends from the cash flow, and actually has an interest in pushing to the top of the league, then you see Chelski.
if you are run by merchant bankers whose first interest may not be the football club, then maybe you understand why the signings , extensions and releases are so frustratingly ordinary, End of.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
he was tweeting about the Barca game, used the same emoji with a pic of his TV with the match on
Maybe.

I was just pointing out the little teenage Chelsea fans throwing temper tantrums in his replies.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yeah I’ve heard the same. United should be all over this if he’s available
Have you heard Leicester fans opinions of Chilwell? They want him gone & see him as a weak link in their team. Honestly, as someone who has watched a lot of both this season, he’s a downgrade on Shaw. He’s horrible defensively, which is the last thing we need right now.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
When your owner invests in the club and doesn't use it to repay debt and siphon dividends from the cash flow, and actually has an interest in pushing to the top of the league, then you see Chelski.
if you are run by merchant bankers whose first interest may not be the football club, then maybe you understand why the signings , extensions and releases are so frustratingly ordinary, End of.
Chelsea had a transfer ban. They are essentially fitting 2 summer windows into one here. They were always going to spend big this year.

oz insomniac

Chelsea had a transfer ban. They are essentially fitting 2 summer windows into one here. They were always going to spend big this year.
Ok, but are they acting far more decisively than a so called bigger club does,that’s the point, do things others dream of quickly and improve the club. Sometimes by subtraction rather than extension,the CEO has to be accountable.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
Seeing 42m being talked of as the price which is strange as its contrary to reports of it being a world record fee. Is it possible there is a player + cash deal? (Barkley maybe)

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Seeing 42m being talked of as the price which is strange as its contrary to reports of it being a world record fee. Is it possible there is a player + cash deal? (Barkley maybe)
not heard that this end, also don't think central midfield is a place we'd be looking to strengthen right now

ghagua

I would love to see Chilwell at United, but not at the price that is being branded about. Looks like Shaw's attacking game has gone to shits after his injury, because of a mental block or something. He is still plenty fast. We need attacking fullbacks, but I would look elsewhere is the price is anything above 50 million.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
They're getting ripped off. I just don't see it. He's very lightweight for Chelsea.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Anything above 40m is a rip off. Well, I understand LC doesn't want to sell but in this market when there are plenty of LB options, no one should be paying that amount of money.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Have you heard Leicester fans opinions of Chilwell? They want him gone & see him as a weak link in their team. Honestly, as someone who has watched a lot of both this season, he’s a downgrade on Shaw. He’s horrible defensively, which is the last thing we need right now.
Yeah but that’s what always happens when fans realise a player wants to leave.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I would love to see Chilwell at United, but not at the price that is being branded about. Looks like Shaw's attacking game has gone to shits after his injury, because of a mental block or something. He is still plenty fast. We need attacking fullbacks, but I would look elsewhere is the price is anything above 50 million.
You haven’t watched much of Shaw recently have you.

Infra-red

I hope this happens, mostly because:
a) he's not particularly good
b) he'll be ludicrously expensive

Get it done, Chelsea.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Each club will brief differently. Leicester will come up with easily achievable add-ons while Chelsea will brief big part of the add-ons is PL and CL wins related, which means fee will be justified.

TheLord

If they can sell both Alonso and Kante for reasonable fees, Chelsea may manage to assemble an extremely talented young squad without spending (net) a fortune.

There are growing rumours of Kante going to Inter Milan.

I don't have the exact numbers, but their net spend relative to the overall value of the current squad is probably the best among the top-four in the 2015-2020 period.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
I rate him but feck me the money being talked about for him is absurd. He's nowhere near a 60, 70, or 80 million pound player yet.

But I don't buy for a second that any deal is close because we still haven't moved Emerson or Alonso yet. Our board usually work on a 1 in 1 out policy. We wouldn't be spending mega money on a LB with 2 still on our roster.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Twitter is awesome sometimes.
Haha we all have bad takes, or takes that look terrible with hindsight. I don't think I was overly keen on Pulisic at the time of the signing either, he's proved almost everybody wrong. He's right though, about the difference between abuse/death threats and just bad takes.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I rate him but feck me the money being talked about for him is absurd. He's nowhere near a 60, 70, or 80 million pound player yet.

But I don't buy for a second that any deal is close because we still haven't moved Emerson or Alonso yet. Our board usually work on a 1 in 1 out policy. We wouldn't be spending mega money on a LB with 2 still on our roster.
I know right, that’s Maguire money!

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
The rumours claim it'll be heavily based around add-ons. Seems like Emerson to Inter is possibly on aswell for 20-25.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
The rumours claim it'll be heavily based around add-ons. Seems like Emerson to Inter is possibly on aswell for 20-25.
Leicester tend to demand the majority of any fee to be paid "upfront", I'm sure add ons play a part in almost every deal but I doubt Leicester would sanction any deal heavily weighted to them, especially for a key player to be sold

roonster09

Scout
Haha we all have bad takes, or takes that look terrible with hindsight. I don't think I was overly keen on Pulisic at the time of the signing either, he's proved almost everybody wrong. He's right though, about the difference between abuse/death threats and just bad takes.
Yeah everyone gets so.many things wrong, even paid professionals get it wrong. It was funny though, saying fans who have opinion as some FIFA fans when his post on Pulisic was comically bad.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Frank and the club must really, really rate him because there are a number of high quality LB's that could be had for a fraction of the cost. Reguilon, Alex Telles, Tagliafico, maybe Lucas Digne. We could spend £30-40m and sign those guys.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Chilwell for £80m :lol:

This is a Maguire-esque deal from Chelsea.

He is an eminently beatable left back who offers fairly ordinary attacking output.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I'm very very rarely so against a transfer (think the only other times was Lukaku and Guarin) but i am this time, really don't rate him that highly and with him being Frank's pick he won't have a leg to stand on if he underwhelms and wants a replacement (certainly not within the first 3 years anyway) like he has with Kepa.

I hope I'm wrong but I see nothing stand out with his game and when he's bad he really really stinks the place out.

SwedishFish

Of course, the figure will be north of 60 million. We're talking about an England international who plays for a club with big ambitions to break into the top 4.

Don't see why anyone would expect any less. It's the same principle as with the Maguire deal. Leicester does not need to sell and Chelsea needs to buy.

I think there are better players out there but clearly Lampard has his eyes set on bringing in another English player and to get a top English player you need to pay top dollar.

Chelsea is getting a good player for a big over the top fee. But no doubt he will be a good player at LB for probably the better part of a decade.

Their team is coming together nicely if only they strengthen at CB and GK they'll be challenging for more than top 4 sooner rather than later.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Teams still can spend these fees after covid? 80M is mental.

roonster09

Scout
Where is this 80 million talk coming from? Thought it was 65 million.

TheLord

Quality signing, but way overpriced. His fair market valuation is about 30-35m, IMO.

The combination of Leicester not wanting to sell, Chelsea desperate to buy, and Chilwell being English has nearly doubled his valuation.

Status
Not open for further replies.