Ben Chilwell to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
They aren't messing around. I think they'll be challenging next season.

80-85 million. :eek:

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
£80 million?! You could buy a Pepe for that sort of cash.

TheReligion

Abusive
They aren't messing around. I think they'll be challenging next season.

80-85 million. :eek:
They are getting their business done early. Absolutely no way he's worth that much money though. Ridiculous amount to spend on him. Good player but he did tail off a bit with the rest of the team and got dropped at one point

TheReligion

Abusive
Shouldn't be surprising that Leicester want that much for him. I think Chelsea will go for Tagliafico instead.
If they spend 85m on Chilwell I think it's safe to say spending won't be altered by coronavirus as some have suggested

PoTMS

There's no way anyone is buying Chilwell for £80m, especially in this economic climate. On the other hand, Tagliafico is available for £22m. No brainer.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Chelsea didn't spend a bean last year due to the transfer ban so they're in a strong position to spend this summer.

Not sure they'll take him at that price though.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He isn't that good, wasn't impressed with his performance against big teams.

cyberman

This just adds to the shitness of this season. It really dies feel like we are nearing the end of pre season with all of the transfer gossip

Paul_Scholes18

Crazy sum, but if we payed 80 million for Maguire then I guess it make sense. Brittish talent is very overhyped.

Dante

Average bang
Chilwell is a good attacker but a poor defender.

At least with AWB you get a world class defender but a poor attacker.

If I were Chelsea, I wouldn't be blowing a significant part of my budget on a player who has weaknesses I couldn't build around.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’ve seen other talk on the Twitter about a fee of around £65m - which I’d imagine is more likely.

Nickosaur

That's a mental fee. Then again, so was the Maguire fee, and I think most United fans are very glad we have him now.

TheReligion

Abusive
I do think Wan-Bissaka will end up being seen as a bargain. I'm a big fan.

What kind of crazy club would pay Leicester £80 odd mil for a England defender though?
Most definitely. People forget how young AWB is I think. He's quality.

Yeah we overpaid on Maguire but given how the CB market was looking, and how Liverpool forced the price up with VVD, we had little choice. The same happened to you with Kepa in fairness.

Also I think Maguire has been really good for us. Brought alot of stability to the back 4 as highlighted by our defensive improvement.

prateik

They havent spent anything for a year.. they havent even spent the Hazard money yet.. they have money.. and the transfer budget for 2 years.

Andy_Cole

He’s a friend of a friend. Not asked about this or not. Was hoping he’d come to united to hear some of the gossip.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
He’s a friend of a friend. Not asked about this or not. Was hoping he’d come to united to hear some of the gossip.
Put in a good word for me fella. Nice one.

saivet

He'd be a good signing for them, but like Maguire, overpriced. I have the feeling they won't be that desperate for him and go for a cheaper left back instead.

Kag

Actually watch him; he’s not particularly great. Even Leicester fans give him stick. He’s one of those players that fairweather fans and media quickly build a positive narrative around and it remains the case long after performance levels drop. I mean, he’s better than what Chelsea currently have, but I don’t think that’s a glowing comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.