Ben Pearson

Brightonian

I don't understand your point of your post. You are just repeating my own word.
Actually that's what I've been saying all the time. It doesn't really matter if he missed 1 or 2 touches. 1 or 2 touches missed are not much and a big deal.
Do I really like getting worked up? :lol: Oh come on!! I'm just saying that he showed the video every of his touches in the game. Even if he missed one or two touch it's not that much. I'm just saying what in my mind about the videos.
Yeah sorry I just mean I'm not sure why you want to convince us of this? Is it your video or something? I promise you not every Pearson touch is in there - as everyone else above has agreed, there's at least one moment where he was defending one on one and then made a key block.

JSMHE

Yeah sorry I just mean I'm not sure why you want to convince us of this? Is it your video or something? I promise you not every Pearson touch is in there - as everyone else above has agreed, there's at least one moment where he was defending one on one and then made a key block.
I don't know, it's not like I'm trying to against someone. But I just wanna share my opinion that I think the video shows all his touches. Because 8 mins is long enough in a game.

Brightonian

I don't know, it's not like I'm trying to against someone. But I just wanna share my opinion that I think the video shows all his touches. Because 8 mins is long enough in a game.
Do you not see how weird it is to just keep repeating this...? It's not really a matter of opinion - either it does show all his touches or it doesn't. And it doesn't. Regardless of how long the video is, we can all remember at least one touch Pearson made in that game which isn't in this video.

JSMHE

Do you not see how weird it is to just keep repeating this...? It's not really a matter of opinion - either it does show all his touches or it doesn't. And it doesn't. Regardless of how long the video is, we can all remember at least one touch Pearson made in that game which isn't in this video.
It's very weird and so annoying just to repeating my main point. The reason why I keep repeating that word because I don't like chit chat with no point.
"I just wanna share my opinion that I think the video shows all his touches. Because 8 mins is long enough in a game."

That has been my main point of my posts today on this thread the whole time. It seems that you just don't get the point so I decide to shorten it.
As I said before again, one or two touches missed are not a big deal. Human can also missed something. They are not perfect.

I've been saying this before. I don't get the point why you are trying to replied my posts. They are all similar with your post.

Brightonian

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it. It's not a criticism. I'm just bemused as to why you won't accept the fact of it.

Anyway, I'll call it a day here. Brick wall, my head... only one winner.

JSMHE

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it. It's not a criticism. I'm just bemused as to why you won't accept the fact of it.

Anyway, I'll call it a day here. Brick wall, my head... only one winner.
Gezz.... Is that all you want me to do? Okay I accept all the fact. Not a big deal.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Ben Peason would come into this thread studs up to shut it up.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Yeah, he withdrew from international duty due to injury. Seems the entire squad ended the season injured.

Brightonian

Has the transfer window even opened :lol:

Patience.
Quite. English players won't be signed (or certainly not announced) before the WC is over. And the international window hasn't even opened.

Woody out! :lol:

I reckon Pearson's a good shout for pre-season. Wilson, Lawrence, Lingard and Keane should all be going. Rothwell and Pearson would be the next in line if there's space.

mufcwarm92

Quite. English players won't be signed (or certainly not announced) before the WC is over. And the international window hasn't even opened.

Woody out! :lol:

I reckon Pearson's a good shout for pre-season. Wilson, Lawrence, Lingard and Keane should all be going. Rothwell and Pearson would be the next in line if there's space.
Both Keanes hopefully. The choice of loan for Will was a bad one but he'd benefit from the tour IMO.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I'm gonna put it out there, I reckon Pearson and Rothwell get first team games next season. I also think Ben will make his debut before Joe.

m1y2

I'm gonna put it out there, I reckon Pearson and Rothwell get first team games next season. I also think Ben will make his debut before Joe.
pearson will pair herrera hopefully:drool:.. I really keep my fingers crossed for rothwell as well but still not sure what his best position is.. hes currently better as a CAM isnt he? but probably the most advanced in midfield trio in 4-3-3 hope they both Joe and Ben have good preseason and impress LVG

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Could definitely happen. League Cup.
Watching Bentaleb hold his own at the WC sends my thoughts to the epic midfield battle between him and Pearson at WHL back in April, which Ben just edged in the end. So yeah, I reckon he's definitely ready for League Cup action, ditto Rothwell.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
pearson will pair herrera hopefully:drool:.. I really keep my fingers crossed for rothwell as well but still not sure what his best position is.. hes currently better as a CAM isnt he? but probably the most advanced in midfield trio in 4-3-3 hope they both Joe and Ben have good preseason and impress LVG
Joe is more of a box to box all rounder I'd say.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
I really do hope Pearson gets a shot at first team football and he's got the right attributes to be the player that breaks up play behind Herrera and Mata with Carrick injured.

FromTheBench

One year too soon for him probably. Really hoping him and Rothwell both go on tour.

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
One year too soon for him probably. Really hoping him and Rothwell both go on tour.
I would've said the same thing when Fergie was here,but with Van Gaal it wouldn't surprise me that if Pearson impress that Van Gaal will give him a go(He's comments today about a 16 year old Clarence Seedorf would be a massive positive to the youth players going on tour.)

Also with Rothwell it was clear Moyes rated him(He gave him a CL squad number)so if Van Gaal does to he could be well involved with the 1st team squad.

limerickcitykid

I really hope Pearson and Rothwell get a chance. No way is it a year too early imo, they are already 19 if we wait another year they'll be 20 with no experience. They held their own against Bentaleb and Dembele and if they aren't getting playing time here I think they should be out on loan. There is no point holding players like them back.
Said this earlier in another thread. There are players their age with 50+ first team appearances. Pearson and Rothwell have mastered the reserves, they were great in almost every match and got to the finals. There is nothing left for them there. Push them through, they are ready and have showed it when up against the likes of Dembele, Bentaleb and Jamie O'Hara.

FromTheBench

Many have said the same thing about Januzaj last summer. :)
I was actually pretty sure Januzaj would break into the first team full time next season. Only thing was how early or late. He was dominating U21 football by the end of the season after growing so much as a player in 5/6 months from U18 football.

Pearson isn't that level of talent (though pretty good) and absolutely dominating yet and plays different position tougher to break into straightaway, so he is more likely to take a conventional route. But won't rule out completely Van Gaal fast tracking him either as Sweet Square says above as he is a player he would like.

Devil may care

I admit I know next to nothing about this lad but knowing if it's one season too soon is impossible, only when put to the test will we know for sure, he might excel on the bigger stage.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I was actually pretty sure Januzaj would break into the first team full time next season. Only thing was how early or late. He was dominating U21 football by the end of the season after growing so much as a player in 5/6 months from U18 football.

Pearson isn't that level of talent (though pretty good) and absolutely dominating yet and plays different position tougher to break into straightaway, so he is more likely to take a conventional route. But won't rule out completely Van Gaal fast tracking him either as Sweet Square says above as he is a player he would like.
Can you truly dominate a match in the role he plays? It's not a role like Wilson's where you can see him belt in goals every week, or a role like Januzaj where he can dance around defenders for fun and pick up brilliant passes in the final third. His game is mainly made up of being a nuisance in the middle, anchoring and providing balance through timely interceptions and strong mental awareness whilst also keeping the tempo and recycling possession. Even the best of us football analysis can sometimes let that slip, and if he's doing that at such a standard at this age, he shouldn't be overwhelmed doing it an a tier higher.

Brightonian

I admit I know next to nothing about this lad but knowing if it's one season too soon is impossible, only when put to the test will we know for sure, he might excel on the bigger stage.
It's more a physical thing. He's not lacking in strength but he's always been fairly short and it just seems clear that one more season is exactly how long he'll need to be 'ready' for the first team to the same level that Januzaj was ready last summer.

He's such a sure thing though. I've felt that way since the first time I ever saw him, back when he was 16 or so. When the ability is obviously there, it's the attitude that really decides it for you. Januzaj's attitude was apparent in the way that he so quickly got a handle on each new age group and level of football, and each new challenge he was faced with (such as having to play as our striker in the FIFA Youth Cup, and ending up with the golden boot). For Pearson, his attitude is apparent in the way he takes on each individual game. His sheer force of will is incredible for a youngster... Keane-like, I'd go so far as to say.

EDIT: To be clear, I want us to be giving him and Rothwell League Cup chances and things like that this season. Just not throwing them into being first-team regulars the way we rightly did with Januzaj last season. Because despite the impressive showing in that game where they matched and just outplayed Bentaleb and Dembele, I think they'll need a gentle introduction to the physical robustness of the adult game.

Januzaj, as a winger/AM, basically encounters physical challenges in the form of fouls, so you can throw him in without him being able to 'physically compete' with the big defenders he's up against. But a midfielder - especially a deep midfielder like Pearson - has to be able to match the strength of his opponent, because he's unlikely to get a foul just for a bit of shoulder barging and jostling. It would damage his career to be thrown in too soon and look too lightweight in a number of matches in a row, with opposition midfielders shrugging him off and running clear at the defence.

limerickcitykid

It's more a physical thing. He's not lacking in strength but he's always been fairly short and it just seems clear that one more season is exactly how long he'll need to be 'ready' for the first team to the same level that Januzaj was ready last summer.

He's such a sure thing though. I've felt that way since the first time I ever saw him, back when he was 16 or so. When the ability is obviously there, it's the attitude that really decides it for you. Januzaj's attitude was apparent in the way that he so quickly got a handle on each new age group and level of football, and each new challenge he was faced with (such as having to play as our striker in the FIFA Youth Cup, and ending up with the golden boot). For Pearson, his attitude is apparent in the way he takes on each individual game. His sheer force of will is incredible for a youngster... Keane-like, I'd go so far as to say.

EDIT: To be clear, I want us to be giving him and Rothwell League Cup chances and things like that this season. Just not throwing them into being first-team regulars the way we rightly did with Januzaj last season. Because despite the impressive showing in that game where they matched and just outplayed Bentaleb and Dembele, I think they'll need a gentle introduction to the physical robustness of the adult game.

Januzaj, as a winger/AM, basically encounters physical challenges in the form of fouls, so you can throw him in without him being able to 'physically compete' with the big defenders he's up against. But a midfielder - especially a deep midfielder like Pearson - has to be able to match the strength of his opponent, because he's unlikely to get a foul just for a bit of shoulder barging and jostling. It would damage his career to be thrown in too soon and look too lightweight in a number of matches in a row, with opposition midfielders shrugging him off and running clear at the defence.
Do you know how tall he actually is? Just been watching a few vids of him and looked at some pictures and he doesn't actually look that small any more. Must be at least 5'9/5'10.

I agree with what your saying. Like I said about Wilson in his thread I think I'd do the same with Pearson and Rothwell. Introduce them with cup games and the odd substitute at the end of matches and get them a loan in January to get them the playing time after already getting introduced and making the step to first-team football.

Devil may care

Interesting read mate, as I say I haven't really seen much at all so I can't disagree and I can see where you are coming from as regards to the difference between the psychical challenge of playing in midfield vs the physical challenge of playing as a winger. It's great to read how highly you rate him though, it would be fantastic to have another star player come from the youth side.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
From what I have seen of him, I just love how nothing phases him, he can be up against bigger lads, high profile players and he just goes about his business the same way.

Very similar to Nicky Butt in that regard (easy comparison as he is coaching him) but I think the likes of Giggs and Butt will see that and appreciate what a strong attribute it is to have. As said in another thread, I would love to see him travel, especially with Carrick's absence.

Crashoutcassius

Such a different player to Carvalho when you consider the frame of the two lads, but similar in the way they seem to snuff out danger and turn defense into attack so quick. Would be such a shame to see 30m or whatever spent on carvalho without giving Ben the chance the shine in a similar way. Some discussion about his strength in this thread and it's something that can and will improve but I'm not convinced it'll be too significant given his aggression and how quickly he uses the ball. It would be nice I guess to be able to go shoulder to shoulder with yaya toure and not go flying

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
In that case, if he's good enough he'll be given chances. I haven't really seen much of him, but when I have he has definitely impressed. A loan, or a slow and smooth transition into the first team hoping he'll gain enough experience from the first teamers?

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Well it is his contract year so one would assume that we either keep him on or another club will take a chance on him given how highly he seems to be rated.