Ben Yedder | Monaco set to activate release clause?

For the low release clause and his age (bearing in mind the already youthful forward options we have), this is worth doing.

Any chance of getting him in even if we keep Lukaku?

Lukaku, Sanchez, Rashford and Yedder would be 4 striker options. We always had 4 strikers fighting it out in the past.

Martial is a left winger.

Just given his price it would be a pretty good deal.

Also would signal us moving as far away from the "useless lump target man" philosophy as possible.

Lukaku, Sanchez, Rashford and Yedder would be 4 striker options. We always had 4 strikers fighting it out in the past.

4 strikers was when 2 strikers was a thing.

We played with 2 strikers then.
2 senior strikers and Greenwood should be enough. I don't think we'll be able to shift Sanchez so that's another option, he shouldn't play on the wing anymore.

I’d say his signing would mean Lukaku leaving is a dead cert. Interestingly this outlet appears to be very reliable but I haven’t seen the story picked up by anyone else.

I think he’s better than people are giving him credit and that in a better team (presuming we actually are building one!) I think he’ll be great. He’s suited to the Premier League and is all action.
Ok, he is 29 but that is peak for a striker in his mould and I can see him being just as effective for the next 2-3 years and we really need some experience and reliability whilst we see if Rashford/Martial/Greenwood make the grade.

If we sell Lukaku for £70m and get him in for £40m, IMO we’re getting a more complete Striker and banking a cool £30m.

‘The transfer market is a constant tug of war. Many factors come into play, such as the desire of club and footballer, money, feelings ... In the case of Ben Yedder you already know what you have in mind: wear the shirt of another club in search of new goals, goals that in Sevilla they can be unreachable.

That is why the player himself brought to light that, in his head, his future was far from Nervión. The Franco-Tunisian maintains contact with important clubs in Europe, such as Barça, PSG or Manchester United. The latter already has everything agreed with the footballer. The destiny of the French will be, almost with total security, England. But Monchi has not yet said the last word.

Manchester United, key
This same week should be executed the operation that Inter brings in hands with Lukaku. But here is the key that could change the direction of this framework. If the Italian entity did not get to save the economic stumbling block to obtain the services of the Belgian attacker, the Seville club would go into an offensive to keep the player in their ranks. Monchi, great negotiator, will try to persuade a striker who has scored 18 goals in the last season in the league, sixth in the ranking of scorers in the competition. In addition, he has been instrumental in many matches throughout his stay at the club. His great adaptation and his charisma have made him a footballer highly valued by the fans.’

http://www.lacolinadenervion.com/las-pocas-posibilidades-de-mantener-a-ben-yedder/

We could probably do with a flat track bully to be honest.

If he comes as squad depth, ok, but the guy will be 29 in a few weeks and has never really done it against the best. Not one for me.

1 of which was against a top team.
He's scored/Assisted vs Real, Barca, A.Madrid last season. Not sure where you got that stat from. Not a world beater but has done well vs big teams last season.

If he comes as squad depth, ok, but the guy will be 29 in a few weeks and has never really done it against the best. Not one for me.
But if it was a choice between him and Lukaku? Ben Yedder can dribble and control a ball, which in itself an immediate upgrade.

Oh o . Who would you compare him with? Or what are his strengths in terms of, what would he bring to our team that we lack?

His best attribute is his finishing inside the box. He is direct and doesn't fiddle around. He has quick feet and gets into good positions. 2-3 touches, a quick turn and he'll try to release the ball. He doesn't add much outside the box. He is not a target man, who secures balls and he certainly doesn't dribble well. He is willing to press defenders and work hard in both directions. It is not a surprise, that he played his best season with another forward as partner, who can compensate for some of his weaknesses. When leading the line on his own in a 433/4231, he won't add much with the exception of finishing (inside the box). He is not a bad player, but some of the claims here are quite strange. (Peak) Suarez, Aguero (or other top strikers) add a lot to the team even if they don't score. When Ben Yedder doesn't score, he adds very little except work against the ball. His finishing inside the box can be quite skilful, but he depends on the team to create chances.

Lukaku has a better goal record than 1 every 2 games at international level and pretty much every club side he's played for.

If Ole thinks Rashford or Ben Yedder are going to get 20 goals next season it could come back to bite him in the ass.

Piatek/Werner/Lewandowski if Bayern are taking Werner. You'd back them all to get 20 goals a season for a team playing attacking football.

Lukaku has a better goal record than 1 every 2 games at international level and pretty much every club side he's played for.

If Ole thinks Rashford or Ben Yedder are going to get 20 goals next season it could come back to bite him in the ass.

Piatek/Werner/Lewandowski if Bayern are taking Werner. You'd back them all to get 20 goals a season for a team playing attacking football.
It’s more about forming a team that works how he wants to play. Lukaku just isn’t doing what we need from him. He isn’t happy and wants to go, what can we do? Get plenty of money for him and replace him with somebody that fits.

If he comes as squad depth, ok, but the guy will be 29 in a few weeks and has never really done it against the best.

He’s scored a couple against Madrid; Barcelona in the cup; three in two against Liverpool in the CL...

He's scored/Assisted vs Real, Barca, A.Madrid last season. Not sure where you got that stat from. Not a world beater but has done well vs big teams last season.
Ok, 2 of which were against a top team. In 4 seasons.

Have you seen Piatek play? Genuine question !

Ok, 2 of which were against a top team. In 4 seasons.
Not sure were you got 2 considering I've listed 3 teams and previous season vs pool/united. Not bad for a player who plays for a decent team but does well vs top teams. You haven't bothered checking anything but came to your original conclusion because he plays for a mid table team

Like who? There are few top tier strikers in the market. Fewer actually up for sale.

I'd keep Lukaku for another season and surround him with better players. Throw everything we can at Sancho. Or try for someone like Timo Werner. We should have and maybe have tried to buy Jovic, but obviously he was unattainable as soon as Real got involved.

Right......... because assists don't count.

I was talking about goals - you chose to introduce the subject of assists, a topic that I wasn't talking about. Might be clearer now.

Oh, and United, a top team?!

I was talking about goals - you chose to introduce the subject of assists, a topic that I wasn't talking about. Might be clearer now.

Oh, and United, a top team?!
Compared to Sevilla, I'd say so even in our state. Won them the game when he came on in a away game.

Fair enough, Still better to have a striker who can create for others when not scoring.

He is class in FIFA 19 so I'm all for it. :) In all seriousness I would take almost any attacker over Lukaku right now.

What's peoples problems with a flat track bully? That's how you win most of your games. We dropped points v Cardiff, Huddersfield, Burnley, Brighton, Southampton and West Ham last season.

His best attribute is his finishing inside the box. He is direct and doesn't fiddle around. He has quick feet and gets into good positions. 2-3 touches, a quick turn and he'll try to release the ball. He doesn't add much outside the box. He is not a target man, who secures balls and he certainly doesn't dribble well. He is willing to press defenders and work hard in both directions. It is not a surprise, that he played his best season with another forward as partner, who can compensate for some of his weaknesses. When leading the line on his own in a 433/4231, he won't add much with the exception of finishing (inside the box). He is not a bad player, but some of the claims here are quite strange. (Peak) Suarez, Aguero (or other top strikers) add a lot to the team even if they don't score. When Ben Yedder doesn't score, he adds very little except work against the ball. His finishing inside the box can be quite skilful, but he depends on the team to create chances.

Thanks for that. Gives me a clearer insight into him, from someone who has watched him play.

What's peoples problems with a flat track bully? That's how you win most of your games. We dropped points v Cardiff, Huddersfield, Burnley, Brighton, Southampton and West Ham last season.

It's a stupid and moronic label without more context.

Still, it's been used a lot for Lukaku, so what's good for the goose and all that

I'd keep Lukaku for another season and surround him with better players. Throw everything we can at Sancho. Or try for someone like Timo Werner. We should have and maybe have tried to buy Jovic, but obviously he was unattainable as soon as Real got involved.
I know many don’t want to believe it, but I don’t think we’re a particularly attractive perspective for players like Sancho, Jovic, and Werner right now.

Typical Arsenal signing. But of course, I would have him over Lukaku.

Have you seen Piatek play? Genuine question !

Yeh I have. Was tipped about him by a Polish colleague at work. Tipped him a couple years ago to get a move to a big club and move ahead of Lewandowski for Poland in the future. He wasn't wrong and unfortunately I've seen him prove himself in Serie A ever since.

Last edited: