Benitez sack watch? | Sacked

peridigm

I feel for Benitez. Even if it's Benitez.
You need to have a word with yourself.

Surely it has to come to a point where top managers will refuse to work at that circus? Or is it just an easy payoff? Work for half a season then get paid millions to be sacked, good way of making money i guess.
I'd do it knowing I'd get a large payout. I don't get it though. Jose will be back there I'm sure. I'd like to see managers start snubbing that circus.

ottosec

He did well, to be fair, everybody was expecting him to be sacked by Christmas.

PeteManic

I feel sorry for Rafa. I think he's a good man and a great coach. Management is now all about charisma and showmanship and unfortunately Rafa has neither of these. Difficult to see where he goes from here.

Red For Ever

So Gary Neville put the final nail in the coffin - some irony or something there

Seems a long time since Nevilles celebration at Anfield upset Benitez

Ironically most of the Valencia fans would swap Neville for Benitez right now

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I feel sorry for Rafa. I think he's a good man and a great coach. Management is now all about charisma and showmanship and unfortunately Rafa has neither of these. Difficult to see where he goes from here.
Management is also about having a cordial relationship with the players even if you don't intend to play them. He basically cast aside Isco and James once he decided on his best X1.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
So is this Zidane thing for real then? How well did he do with the B side?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Butchers, lock up them hogs 'cause there will be ballads written about the comfort eating binge the factually challenged one is going on tonight.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If this is Zidane, there's no option of sacking him when Perez's popularity rating falls again. Zidane carries more gratitude from the Madrid fans in his back pocket than Perez has in his entire life.

Nogbadthebad

Oh bugger. I went for mid december as that would be end of the champions league groups, I didn't think it would take some league results. I thought he would have fallen out with everyone by then, must have mellowed as he aged if it took a couple of weeks longer.

Also, who the feck feels sorry for him, fat sod has made more money from being sacked in his career than every poster in this thread combined will earn in a lifetime.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
He found out through the press, hasn't had a phone call.
to be fair i heard he puts his phone on silent during mealtimes and they couldn't get through to him. watching the news unfold on tv put him right off his lunch. he still polished off the remaining 18 spanish omelettes. it was that kind of determination in the face of adversity that landed him the position in the first place.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
It was a stupid appointment from the off for many obvious reasons, but this probably reflects worse on Real than it does on Rafa - though of course that club rarely faces negative consequences as a result of their circus act.

But on the other hand, it is Rafa - so :lol: :lol: :lol:

Be interesting to see this long-mooted Zidane appointment actually happen, and see how that works-out.

Rafa to Chelsea full-time in the summer? :smirk:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
This. It was the most stupid thing we've done in a series of stupid things. Stupid.
Stop being cryptic, what do you really think about the situation?

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
to be fair i heard he puts his phone on silent during mealtimes and they couldn't get through to him. watching the news unfold on tv put him right off his lunch. he still polished off the remaining 18 spanish omelettes. it was that kind of determination in the face of adversity that landed him the position in the first place.
ffs :lol:

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Savage :lol:

Boycott

Hope Zidane fails

Then we'll see how this pathetic club and fickle fanbase struggle to comprehend their legend is a dud.

Probably happen with us and Giggs

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Hope Zidane fails

Then we'll see how this pathetic club and fickle fanbase struggle to comprehend their legend is a dud.

Probably happen with us and Giggs
Zidane failing to make the UCL may make us think twice about Giggs, one can hope.
Personally though Id like to see him do well

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I see that now some posters are in Benitez side :lol: With stats one of the worse Madrid managers.
A couple of months more and we would start to wonder if our rival is Barcelona or Villarreal.The football is so poor that even Bernabeu attendance has decreased.
He should improve the players however now some of the best are in the bench and looking forward to leave the team.
I thought that he would create a compact and solid team,very good defensively.Honestly I can't see that happening when the players hardly talk to him.Today the saddest fans are in Barcelona.
I thought that Solari would go to Castilla. For his articles in El Pais he looks like a beautiful football philosopher, a new Valdano.
The board didn't want to "burn" Zidane giving him the team in the middle of the season and probably the reality will be cruel but the press and fans will love the duo Zidane-Solari.

acrebo

I see that now some posters are in Benitez side :lol: With stats one of the worse Madrid managers.
A couple of months more and we would start to wonder if our rival is Barcelona or Villarreal.The football is so poor that even Bernabeu attendance has decreased.
He should improve the players however now some of the best are in the bench and looking forward to leave the team.
I thought that he would create a compact and solid team,very good defensively.Honestly I can't see that happening when the players hardly talk to him.Today the saddest fans are in Barcelona.
I thought that Solari would go to Castilla. For his articles in El Pais he looks like a beautiful football philosopher, a new Valdano.
The board didn't want to "burn" Zidane giving him the team in the middle of the season and probably the reality will be cruel but the press and fans will love the duo Zidane-Solari.
I've not checked as I'm at work (and lazy), but aren't Real the league's highest scorers this season? Can't be THAT boring, can it?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Serious joke of a club. I honestly don't understand how they operate. Their fans are just as fecking bad, you have too many powers there... The man with the least power at the club is the manager.

President power
Player power
Fan power
Sponsor power

All before the manager. It's actually sickening. It's like a nursery or something, they all need looking after. As soon as someone starts to get things on the right track which makes things a bit more difficult (training, new style, whatever) you get people crying, and those people ultimately get the manager sacked.

They should just stop having a manager, its a pointless exercise for them now.

Edit: I'm not siding with benitez, but the club as a whole is a joke. They sack anyone for no reason.

Triple.Threat

getting the sack with a record like this? one could only imagine what would Real Madrid do to our Luis. Bet would be something like a firing squad.

Moonred

Not many sides score 47 goals in 18 matches, be the league's top scorers and the football is perceived to be poor. Fascinating club in many ways.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Feel genuinely sorry for Benitez. I'd be really interesting tho if Zidane gets appointed. Would be a huge risk for Perez because if he fails, his job is on the line. Sacking Madrid's darling Zidane would be the beginning of his end.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I've not checked as I'm at work (and lazy), but aren't Real the league's highest scorers this season? Can't be THAT boring, can it?
They scored 10 to Rayo, you could say that it's a good thing but they did it to a team with 9 players and it was seen as morally wrong.