Benitez to Chelsea Discussion & Sack watch

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Gathering pace all around twitter now. Seems like he's on top of Roman's wishlist.

Is it me or does it seem like a completely retarded appointment?

Benitez is a very good manager no doubt but he always seems to have a problem with the board and has been involved in a power struggle at Liverpool.

How on earth could he survive under RA as we all know that Abramovich is a control freak?

togg

Gathering pace all around twitter now. Seems like he's on top of Roman's wishlist.

Benitez is a very good manager no doubt but he always seems to have a problem with the board and has been involved in a power struggle at Liverpool.

How on earth could he survive under RA as we all know that Abramovich is a control freak?
OH please yes...please let this be true....Benitez and Chelsea...what amazing fun we will have here in the Caf with him at the helm....:)

Scrumpet

There are no words
There's a reason he's been jobless for the last while despite whoring himself at every opportunity.

stubie

Both are made for each other!

A deluded fat Spaniard & an instant success Russian Mafia boss!

Revan

Assumptionman
He will want things in his way, while Abramovich will want things to go in his own way.

He will be sacked soon and will struggle to get another job.

Biggest winners, us.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
That would be hilarious, Chelsea would end up fielding 8 shit players and Petr Cech, Hazard and Oscar.

Devil may care

One of that trio that plays behind Torres better get ready for the bench if Benitez is appointed.

adamwest

I bet he's chomping at any chance to manage a "top" team regardless of a crazy Russian boss.

Ekeke

I very much doubt he's at the top of Abramovich's wishlist. More like he's still in England and out of a job so he might come in for the rest of the season and they'll see how he does, until they get a real appointment in the summer

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

He won't. I can't see it happening. If it does happen it would seem to be short term which benefits both parties in a way. Abramovich will keep on trying to court Guardiola or another manager to take over in the summer and for Benitez he hasn't managed a club in a couple of years so needs to manage again before he is forgotten about completely. He'd get a fair bit of money for short period of work while possibly increasing his chances of getting another job afterwards.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If appointed, he'll be sacked before the season is finished.

Brophs

The One and Only
I hope the chunky feck gets the job and then loses it just as quickly.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Chelsea Football Club would like to announce that Rafael Benitez has been appointed First Team Manager on a three-hour contract.

Brophs

The One and Only
It would be funny if for no other reason than the reactions of all of those people who think that Torres is still a great player and just needs a bit of support, right after it becomes apparent that even Benitez can't sort that busted flush.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Because he like Wenger and Fergie is a control freak which won't be allowed under RA.
He is a manager who wants total control of the club. Roman too wants control of what happens with the team. In that situation, Roman wins everytime.
But I'm sure Benitez is aware of this and would know he'd have to maneuver around Abramovich. If he's not guaranteed a fair amount of leverage concerning transfers etc then I can't see him accepting the job.

Chelsea fans seem to be really opposing of the idea anyway, so I'm not sure it'll happen.

Moriarty

At least the drinks in the dressing room will get served at the correct temperature. On the down side, I bet Terry's a crap tipper.

Bryan_Munich

Aka RichieRich12
Since when did Abramovich care what the Chelsea fans think?

He'll accept the job if offered because he's been out of work for 2 years.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Serious question:

If he is appointed and the Chavs win the title this year, does that make him a top quality manager, the standard which Liverpool fans claim he is, but which we Manchester United fans cannot see?

Ruud10

A Bit Wordy
Shouldn't the the fact that no one -- NO ONE!!! -- has wanted Rafa tell Roman something?

I guess not.

Crustanoid

I wonder if this will be the first manager to 'disappear' in 'mysterious circumstances'

Nogbadthebad

But I'm sure Benitez is aware of this and would know he'd have to maneuver around Abramovich. If he's not guaranteed a fair amount of leverage concerning transfers etc then I can't see him accepting the job.

Chelsea fans seem to be really opposing of the idea anyway, so I'm not sure it'll happen.
hes been out of work for two years.

His entire income seems to be fleecing Pool supporters about 'one night in Lisbon' , and that pot of money he fell into must surely be running dry by now.

hes an egotist of epic proportions, he gets to win the CWC without doing a thing, like he did at Inter, and become the first manager to win it twice with different clubs, despite not qualifying either team to enter it, and he has a fairly good chance of getting his hand on the COC, and most of all,the worst possible outcome for him is for 6 months work, he'll get at least two years salary.

Of course Rafa would take it.

Moriarty

hes been out of work for two years.

His entire income seems to be fleecing Pool supporters about 'one night in Lisbon' , and that pot of money he fell into must surely be running dry by now.

hes an egotist of epic proportions, he gets to win the CWC without doing a thing, like he did at Inter, and become the first manager to win it twice, despite not qualifying either team to enter it, and he has a fairly good chance of getting his hand on the COC, and most of all,the worst possible outcome for him is for 6 months work, he'll get at least two years salary.

Of course Rafa would take it.
Roman's? By the way, it's spelt with a K on the end.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
'Chelsea Football Club would like to announce that Rafael Benitez has been appointed First Team Manager & has signed a two-season contract...Winter & Spring.'

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
They should honestly just hire Terry in his full kit and be done with it.
I would love it. Imagine... when things are going wrong and results are poor, and John Terry rallies the troops and goes to Roman to try and get John Terry the boot out the door, only for John Terry to proclaim his position as safe and that he won't be sacked as he has a fantastic relationship with the board, and that all the players, including captain fantastic John Terry, are behind him.

John Terry.

Revan

Assumptionman
With him as manager, what are chances of Chevski finishing out of top 4?

I really can see a total change in their game.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Cunning move by Roman. Obviously doesn't want to pay Mourinho's release clause. Sets up a brilliant end of season swap deal.

Madrid are desperate for Spanish coaches and players - they might even take Torres. :smirk:

Crustanoid

Terry would probably bring himself on in a game, even if he'd been sent to the stands, and not named himself on the subs bench