Benitez

wr8_utd

:'(
Talk about obsessed:

Leeds boss, Simon Grayson, has revealed that ahead of his team’s clash against Liverpool last season, Rafael Benitez paid him a visit, but there was only one thing he wanted to talk about.

“I think all managers have huge respect for each other but you’re not going to all get along with each other,” said Grayson. “They’ll be disagreements on the touchline. We played Liverpool last season in the Carling Cup and Rafa came to speak to me in my office for ten minutes before the game and all he wanted to talk about was Sir Alex. I just listened and disagreed and didn’t say anything.”

:lol::lol:

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I think this is an appropriate time to post this

Whenever I see him remove that piece of paper it still gets me to lol.

GDH

I almost forgot just how ridiculous that speech was :lol:

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Rafa : "Hello Mr Grayson"
Simon : "Hello Rafa nice to meet you"
Rafa : "What about that Mr Ferguson"
Simon : "Great Man"
Rafa : "I want to talk about FACHTS. *removes piece of paper*."
Rafa : "Mr Ferguson stole my Mars bar FACHT and unpunished"
Simon : "Erm yeah but what about Leeds-Liverpool eh? Big match."
Rafa : "When we to Ol' Trafford Mr Ferguson gave me only one steak. FACHT"
Rafa : "Mr Ferguson had chicken pot roast for lunch and didn't offer me. FACHT"
Simon "Rafa...erm"
Rafa : "FACHT Mr Ferguson FACHT Mr Ferguson FACHT Stevie G FACHT"
Simon : "Ok Rafa you're not talking English anymore"
Rafa : "FACHT"

OneUnited24

Jesus what a weirdo! You would have thought before the game he would have wished him luck or something not bitch about another manager.

SAF really got under his skin....

MUFCgal

He's an absolute cock of a man. I don't give a shit about the fluke European Cup, how they can put that man alongside the likes of Shankly and Paisley astounds me.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Inter Milan head coach Rafa Benitez has hit back at Sir Alex Ferguson's claims that he was the reason behind Liverpool's slump.

The Spaniard was in charge at Anfield for six years, guiding the Reds to a historic fifth European Cup in his first season in charge.

Benitez also won the FA Cup, amongst other honours, and reached the 2007 Champions League Final.

The Nerazzurri boss remained unable to win the Premier League with Liverpool and he was only able to secure a highest-placed finish of second spot in 2008-09.

The Manchester United boss claimed that the Anfield giants spent more money on players and had a bigger squad than his under Benitez's management.

Ferguson also said he enjoyed a good relationship with the Liverpool managers down the years, however, that all changed when Benitez took over at the helm.

Benitez has now hit back with a statement on the official Inter Milan website: "I am honestly surprised that an experienced and important manager like him said these things and spoke so much about me, considering I've been in Italy for three months.

"I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and they know the truth.
They also know it's easy to judge when you've been in power for 24 years."
Benitez made a statement on Inter's website about Fergie's comments yesterday. Still can't stop talking it about SAF it seems. He ended by saying FACHT.

phelans shorts

He's an absolute cock of a man. I don't give a shit about the fluke European Cup, how they can put that man alongside the likes of Shankly and Paisley astounds me.
True, that is an embarrassment to the names of shankly and Paisley.

That said today I realised how much appreciation I had for rafa, at least his sides attacked us.

MacMUFC

:lol::lol: thats fecking funny. I just have an image in my head of Rafa smiling talking about fachts to Grayson.

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
I think this is an appropriate time to post this

Whenever I see him remove that piece of paper it still gets me to lol.
Not since Neville Chamberlain has anyone in hindsight been made to look like such a prat for waving a piece of paper.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I just saw on french TV a subtitled italian interview by Benitez.He was answering about the possible reasons why Diego Milito is in such a bad form.Benitez talked about Crouch to Milito, like " he didn't score at one point during 14 months but he managed to get there" :houllier:
What could be Milito's reaction after hearing that ? As if Crouch is a world beater

Ekeke

I just saw on french TV a subtitled italian interview by Benitez.He was answering about the possible reasons why Diego Milito is in such a bad form.Benitez talked about Crouch to Milito, like " he didn't score at one point during 14 months but he managed to get there" :houllier:
What could be Milito's reaction after hearing that ? As if Crouch is a world beater
Well he might grow an inch over night.

Pronewbie

Peep
More managers seem to be coming out with little quips on the 'legendary' Rafa:

Allardyce also revealed he was disappointed to see Rafael Benitez leave Liverpool this summer.

"I am gutted that Rafa Benitez has gone. He hated me and I used to love winding him up. For years he came to Bolton and never got a result and used to accuse us of cheating."

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
That must have been one of the most ludicrous and illadvise rants in football history. It made him a laughing stock.

I bet he thinks SAF was responsible for the demolition of WTC7

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I almost forgot just how ridiculous that speech was :lol:
quite!

i think we will all miss dear old rafa. Hopefully one day, Rafa, Fergie and Jose will be together once more and the hilarity can continue.

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
Fergie got in his head big time, the mind games destroyed the fat bloated buffoon..the facht rant was the tip of the iceburg really, to the point where Benitez has become utterly obsessed with him, its beyond funny really how fergie toyed with the bloke in his last few months here and its clearly left damaging scars on Benitez, which makes it twice as humorous when i hear scousers laughabyly claim Benitez had Fergie running scared during his time here, i cant help but :lol: when i read that gem, anyone care to produce Rafas record against Sir Alex during his time at Liverpool, ill just say its heavily one sided in the masters favour and leave it at that. :D

Benitez was owned.

Justin

I'd love to hear Keegan and Benitez talk about Fergie.

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut
My enemy's enemy is my friend.
Benitez seems to have had plenty of enemies among the football managers, whereas Sir Alex doesn't really have that many.

Probably because Sir Alex is a likeable bloke, whereas the other managers think Benitez is a twat.

Sam.G

Benitez seems to have had plenty of enemies among the football managers, whereas Sir Alex doesn't really have that many.

Probably because Sir Alex is a likeable bloke, whereas the other managers think Benitez is a twat.
I couldn't care less what other managers think of Benitez.

Just find it amusing Utd fans using the quotes of the Leeds manager to laugh at the (ex) Liverpool manager. My enemy's enemy is my friend.

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut
I couldn't care less what other managers think of Benitez.

Just find it amusing Utd fans using the quotes of the Leeds manager to laugh at the (ex) Liverpool manager. My enemy's enemy is my friend.
You don't find Benitez' behaviour strange?

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Not getting on with other managers is just another sign of stupidity. It clearly makes sense to foster relations with other managers. Ferguson benefits from this in many ways.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
1-0 down to Sampdoria at home with 14 minutes to go..

Inter haven't lost at home in over 50 games, dating back to 2008 in the Champions League..
Rafa Benitez, record breaker?

Edit: maybe not!