Benjamin Pavard Stuttgart Defender

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Thomas Hitzlsberger thinks he’s fantastic.

I’d never heard of him before this world cup but - even before scoring that goal - he’s looked quality. Is he too good for Stuttgart? Should some of the bigger clubs be sniffing round? A big club in need of a new RB perhaps?
Only heard about him myself just before the world cup but his passing range is staggering.

Supposedly he's a CB by trade but just being used at RB this tournament, although unsure how true that is. Bayern have been linked recently floating him as a Boateng replacement.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
According to those rumours linking him to Bayern, he's got a 35m euro buy-out clause.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I don't think he has been that good in the right back position personally, but he is a talented young player at centre back.

I've seen him linked with Bayern who are interested in paying his 35 million Euro buyout clause. Seems like a bargain if true.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
the release clause only kicks in next summer though.
Rumors (kicker?) in Germany are that Bayern and Pavard have an agreement of him joining next summer. Don’t know what to make of it though.

izec

If Bayern want, they will get most of the talent from the Bundesliga. Now that Boateng is on the decline and he wil get plenty of playtime overnext season, no doubt he will join them.

He fits their profile perfectly. Young, flexible, BL proven, international starter and relatively cheap.

pregra

Supports
FC Barcelona,Argentina
Pavard is talented but Stuttgart have a player with even bigger potential in Santiago Ascacibar. If he can build on that debut season he will go for more than €50 million next summer.

Infestissumam

Ah, is that the deal. I thought they wanted to pay it now but loan him back for a season.
Pavard signed a new contract a few months ago and Stuttgarts sporting director Reschke has repeatedly said that there's no release clause ... for now. It has now emerged that he does have one for €35m, but only next summer. Reschke says they are prepared to keep him for another year instead of selling him for more this summer, passing on quite a lot of money. We'll se whether this holds true or not, they theoretically don't need the money and keeping Pavard makes a ton of sense in terms of the on-field product. They could never replace a guy like him adequately, he's been outstanding for them.

I like Pavard a lot and would absolutely hate to see him in a Bayern shirt. Hopefully another club (how about, ahem, United? One can dream, right?) comes in instead of them.

Reactions: Carolina Red

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Pavard signed a new contract a few months ago and Stuttgarts sporting director Reschke has repeatedly said that there's no release clause ... for now. It has now emerged that he does have one for €35m, but only next summer. Reschke says they are prepared to keep him for another year instead of selling him for more this summer, passing on quite a lot of money. We'll se whether this holds true or not, they theoretically don't need the money and keeping Pavard makes a ton of sense in terms of the on-field product. They could never replace a guy like him adequately, he's been outstanding for them.

I like Pavard a lot and would absolutely hate to see him in a Bayern shirt. Hopefully another club (how about, ahem, United? One can dream, right?) comes in instead of them.
Very informative, thanks! Yes, if this is the case then it probably wouldn't make any sense in selling him now unless they get a huge offer. What I thought the rumour the other day (I didn't follow the link) was that Bayern wanted to pay that release clause now but get him next season, i.e. jump the queue to sign another talent on the cheap. I'd be very happy to see United compete with Bayern for him...

TheKaiser

Very informative, thanks! Yes, if this is the case then it probably wouldn't make any sense in selling him now unless they get a huge offer. What I thought the rumour the other day (I didn't follow the link) was that Bayern wanted to pay that release clause now but get him next season, i.e. jump the queue to sign another talent on the cheap. I'd be very happy to see United compete with Bayern for him...
Kicker writes Bayern and Stuttgart have already agreed on a deal for next year.