Benjamin Sesko | Despite Raees best efforts he’s joining Liepzig. Damn you Raees

Status
Not open for further replies.

mu4c_20le

We already fecked up by leaving it so late. The entire of Europe will know we are desperate.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
if they're open to selling him next summer just get a first refusal deal sorted for then now

OmarUnited4ever

Young, hungry, potential to improve to a very high standard, presses non stop, good in the air, great feet, good finisher and a proper centre forward and as he’s at Salzburg is probably attainable for around £40 million or less so what’s not to like ?
I think he should be attainable for far less than £40M, £25M as a total (fee+add ons) should enough and in line with the fees they get for their players.

Blood Mage

Strong, fast, agile Ibra style, good dribbling and finishing, explosive.

You‘re right, do not want. Absolute crap.
I never said he was crap at all, just too expensive for his current stage of development. We've left things too late in the window and silly money is being quoted for players who are nowhere near the finished article, we've brought this on ourselves.

mu4c_20le

For once I don't blame the club, Ronaldo dropped the bombshell late in the window that he wants out and we had to react. If he was transparent after the season it would be much easier for us.
We were always looking for a forward this summer regardless of him

saik

I think he should be attainable for far less than £40M, £25M as a total (fee+add ons) should enough and in line with the fees they get for their players.
I agree but Salzburg are reluctant to sell because they sold Adeyemi in the same window. If we had gone in sooner, as in our supposed legend informed us that he wanted to leave at the end of last season we could have planned this better and gotten him on the cheap.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Ducker piece says we are interested too but won’t pay £55m

Don’t know much about him but usually when United refuse to pay X amount for a young player, they’re usually worth 3x as much in a couple of years
Like who?

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
We were always looking for a forward this summer regardless of him
But the profile of that signing changes a lot. We're suddenly in need of a Ronaldo replacement rather than depth or competition, and it seems we're certainly not going to be after a winger if we have to put all the budget on a replacement. Otherwise a replacement would have been signed a year later when he left.

NLunited

idk something like 35 million € and bonuses sounds possible to me. Anything higher it starts looking like a rip off.

Blood Mage

For once I don't blame the club, Ronaldo dropped the bombshell late in the window that he wants out and we had to react. If he was transparent after the season it would be much easier for us.
Not really an excuse, we needed to replace Greenwood anyway so a forward should have been signed by now especially when it's clear that Amad, Pellistri and Elanga aren't ready or may not be good enough at all.

saik

Not really an excuse, we needed to replace Greenwood anyway so a forward should have been signed by now especially when it's clear that Amad, Pellistri and Elanga aren't ready or may not be good enough at all.
I think Antony was our target to replace him. That's the guy who we went in late on and are now being priced out of a move. This guy looks like more of a reaction to the Ronaldo bombshell.

OmarUnited4ever

Woah, it is unbelievable that Salzburg with demand £55M for Sesko, they never received such fee for their best players that they sold, even Adeyemi went for less than £30M.

It seems as if they want him to follow the usual path of RB Salzburg to RB Leipzig (similar to Keita & Szoboszlai), 1 or 2 years developing with Salzburg, then they sell him to RBL, then 2-3 years in BuLi, if he becomes much better, they will get clubs competing for his signature and go for £60M or more.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Jesus Christ. So you knew she was either Slovenian or Slovak and you went with Baltic? You do realise none of these two states are part of the Baltics?
Seriously. :lol:
Name you’re looking for is the Balkans, easy mistake. In any case, I have 100% faith in Tier 1 Balkan GFs :wenger:

Edit: Neither Slovenia nor Slovakia are part of the Balkans either, so I guess we’re both daft:lol:
Did you pass kindergarten? Your geography knowledge is nonexistent.
Ffs guys, are we feeling hurt because some mix up in the geography area :lol:
Without derailing the thread, of course it’s part of the Balkans.
Its really not though..
Not entirely correct. None of Slovakia and only 25% of Slovenia is part of the Balkans geographically. The divider is apparently the Sava river, and Radeče where Šeško is from is right on the river bank. Where in the country @Woziak s girlfriend is from I have no idea. Not that it particularly matters to the topic of the thread.

In any case he looks a proper talented baller. Would be interested to see how he develops as a goal scorer, but he seems to have all the ingredients as well as the hunger to make something of himself. Ready for United? No one knows until it’s been tried.
We call them Alp Serbs. :D
Serves you right for trying to make a lighthearted joke, next time do your research and make sure your joke is factually correct, cause the caf is having none of these, inaccurate geographical jokes
:eek: :eek:

Holy shit dudes!

I'm sorry :lol:

ShamrockD

Supports
Panathinaikos
Salzburg sold Haaland to Dortmund for €20M and now they demand that. Yeah, right.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Serves you right for trying to make a lighthearted joke, next time do your research and make sure your joke is factually correct, cause the caf is having none of these, inaccurate geographical jokes
It was actually funny due to the geographical mistake. :D

I mean he did want to leave from I think it was around 17th of June. Not exactly late in the transfer window. I think when he told them that back then, we should have been arranging for him to leave asap and making contacts with agents and clubs. We have just left that part late and now prices are going up such as with Antony for example. Our main focus was on the De Jong transfer and now that is on hold we are reacting to the Ronaldo issue.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Salzburg sold Haaland to Dortmund for 20M € and now they demand that. Yeah right.
I mean this isn't new, clubs know we're schmucks. Look at what Ajax got us to hand over for Martinez. Why wouldn't Salzburg demand that for a young striker when strikers are far more in demand. United can't keep paying these fees and then acting shocked that clubs are demanding that of them.

RORY65

I mean this isn't new, clubs know we're schmucks. Look at what Ajax got us to hand over for Martinez. Why wouldn't Salzburg demand that for a young striker when strikers are far more in demand. United can't keep paying these fees and then acting shocked that clubs are demanding that of them.
Haaland also had a release clause, otherwise I'm sure he would have cost Dortmund more.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I wonder how long we will spend dithering on this. Maybe spend 1 week looking to bring the price down to no avail

ShamrockD

Supports
Panathinaikos
Haaland also had a release clause, otherwise I'm sure he would have cost Dortmund more.
Yes you are right, my bad, totally forgot about this. Hopefully if they indeed demand too much, we could do a deal for Sesko with multiple add-ons based on his evolvement.

jadajos

Last Man Standing finalist 2022/23
Supports
Football
Salzburg sold Haaland to Dortmund for €20M and now they demand that. Yeah, right.
He had a release clause…

Besides, striker prices have exploded and Salzburg have built a good reputation of nurturing very bright talents.

He also has a long contract and at the moment there seems to be no talk of a release clause. Their season has already started. The player will be a regular in the team possibly in CL as well, so other than salary also no need to rush anything from the players side.

Salzburg have countless reasons to ask for a very high price if they were to sell him this summer.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
It was always going to be around that price £35m with 10m add ons which is around €55m

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Would need a player and agent to push for a deal and even then we are probably looking at 40 million at least.

We went for Sesko when he was back in Slovenia by all accounts but didn’t want to pay the fee asked as it was deemed a big risk comparable to the level he was at at the time. Stop this nonsense
Well done I guess.

hatchetmac

It seems every club thinks we are there to be shafted. If somebody like Leicester or West Ham went in for him the price would be halved.

Remember the geese

Damn, I really like the look of this player but can't say I blame the club for not wanting to spend £55m.
Think we should try to sort out a £25-30m fixed fee with performance related add ons that take it closer to what they are looking for. Similar to the type of deal we did for Martial.

phelans shorts

Woah, it is unbelievable that Salzburg with demand £55M for Sesko, they never received such fee for their best players that they sold, even Adeyemi went for less than £30M.

It seems as if they want him to follow the usual path of RB Salzburg to RB Leipzig (similar to Keita & Szoboszlai), 1 or 2 years developing with Salzburg, then they sell him to RBL, then 2-3 years in BuLi, if he becomes much better, they will get clubs competing for his signature and go for £60M or more.
Or more likely he was planned to be their main man this season without Adayemi, so with the latter having already moved they don’t want to sell and have given a feck you price when asked

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
it's £55m according to ducker, not euros
that’s high but this is one of those moments where if we want to get in ahead of the others like we should have with Haaland and Bellingham we should pay it and get it done.

Dan_F

Not entirely correct. None of Slovakia and only 25% of Slovenia is part of the Balkans geographically. The divider is apparently the Sava river, and Radeče where Šeško is from is right on the river bank. Where in the country @Woziak s girlfriend is from I have no idea. Not that it particularly matters to the topic of the thread.

In any case he looks a proper talented baller. Would be interested to see how he develops as a goal scorer, but he seems to have all the ingredients as well as the hunger to make something of himself. Ready for United? No one knows until it’s been tried.
So you’re saying Zagreb isn’t in the Balkans because it’s north of the Sava river? To the Balkans thread! :lol:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
You lot are Balkan mad :nervous:

OpenIntrovert

Yeah but you don't start scouting in the middle of a transfer window but usually make your mind up before the window opens.
They have been scouting him way before that. The problem is that interest is picking up on Sesko so we are probably making a move before the demand increases. Similar to the Diallo deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.