Benjamin Sesko | Despite Raees best efforts he’s joining Liepzig. Damn you Raees

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallyRed

Ultimately, yes. Only concern for me is that it could be used in certain circumstances to get around FFP.

For example, if City need to balance their books for FFP, their owners could give one of their feeder clubs say £20m, and then the feeder clubs signs some City reject, but instead of paying £500k or whatever market rate, pays £20m.
Auditors must laugh their face off when they look through the books every year, seeing the dodgy shite these clubs get up to "within the guidelines"

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Probably rules Dortmund out.

So let me get this straight. Dortmund bought a striker, that striker got injured, they found a pressing need to get another, and replaced him, all within one transfer window.

Remind me again, how long we've had a pressing need to improve on our centre midfielders?

RedOrange

So let me get this straight. Dortmund bought a striker, that striker got injured, they found a pressing need to get another, and replaced him, all within one transfer window.

Remind me again, how long we've had a pressing need to improve on our centre midfielders?
It's a 6-12 month replacement so one would imagine they weren't terribly choosy.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
The Arnautovic rumours probably mean we have been rejected again?
Oooooor Arnautovic rumors are just rumors. Or we have agreed to sign Sesko and let him stay at Salzburg for the season while Arnatovic is an experienced stop gap. Many ways to view things.

OdinsEye

Haller is going to go through chemotherapy though, a little different than just an injury.

Godfather

Oooooor Arnautovic rumors are just rumors. Or we have agreed to sign Sesko and let him stay at Salzburg for the season while Arnatovic is an experienced stop gap. Many ways to view things.
The latter wouldn't make it any better. Shit planning form our side again

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I respect that but we need more than one proper striker if Ronaldo leaves anyway. So a stop gap solution in Arnautovic doesn't make much sense
I think it's perfectly reasonable to get a depth type signing in for a season to backup Ronaldo and Martial if our main target want's to stay in Austria for a season rather than panicking and getting somebody else personally.

cyberman

Guaranteed minutes along with a high scoring league. It worked for Haaland and I believe Sesko will take a similar path.
I think he’s pretty much guaranteed minutes at certain other big clubs as well.
I honestly don’t think going somewhere that’s easier to score is that great for a strikers development surely? May as well stay where he is

Godfather

I think it's perfectly reasonable to get a depth type signing in for a season to backup Ronaldo and Martial if our main target want's to stay in Austria for a season rather than panicking and getting somebody else personally.
But we are panicking this is exactly what is happening. Same as the Ighalo purchase. No fan of that

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
The latter wouldn't make it any better. Shit planning form our side again
Or actual planning. They get in a 10 goal striker to supplement depth and then bring in Sesko fresh off another season of experience next year. Let’s stop moaning about everything. We kick off soon, be excited.

Giggsy13

I think he’s pretty much guaranteed minutes at certain other big clubs as well.
I honestly don’t think going somewhere that’s easier to score is that great for a strikers development surely? May as well stay where he is
Worked for Haaland did it not? Lewa seemed to be fine staying in the bundesliga before moving to Spain. Taking the leap to a club like United may be a step too far for him at this stage of his career.

sparx99

Wouldn’t it make sense to get a winger and then just use Rashford through the middle if Martial and Ronaldo out? It’s not like we’d need a 3rd striker option too often while we are crying out for a winger.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Wouldn’t it make sense to get a winger and then just use Rashford through the middle if Martial and Ronaldo out? It’s not like we’d need a 3rd striker option too often while we are crying out for a winger.
Maybe ETH just doesn't think he's any good as a striker.

sparx99

Maybe ETH just doesn't think he's any good as a striker.
Sure but how good do you need a 3rd choice to be? It’s an option you take when your first two choices are out.

We’ll see today if he uses Van De Beek or Bruno as a striker as well. ETH used Tadic through the middle at times and made it work so he’s not against adapting players when needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.