Benoît Badiashile

jamesjimmybyrondean

When Rio signed with Leeds, he was ridiculed by Sir alex who thought he is nowhere near to 18m signing. Meanwhile Johnson was signed from a Turkish side, Stam was signed from PSV and Vidic was bought from a Russian side and he needed a couple of months before settling down.

My point is that no one be that these players would do so well so quickly. Now United doesn't need experience. We have DDG, Shaw, Maguire and Matic. What United need is defenders with the right characteristics ie they are good in air, they are not injury prone, they are physically strong, they are rapid and they can distribute the ball neatly. That is the blueprint of a successful United CB.
And my point is if you are happy with Maguire and Lindelof as your CBs then Badiashile is a good signing. But if you think Maguire or Lindelof needs upgrading or someone that can challenge them for that CB spot then Badiashile is not that CB right now

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
And my point is if you are happy with Maguire and Lindelof as your CBs then Badiashile is a good signing. But if you think Maguire or Lindelof needs upgrading or someone that can challenge them for that CB spot then Badiashile is not that CB right now
Therefore you haven't understood my post. Johnsen was bought from Besiktas, Stam from PSV, Rio had 1 CL season experience under his belt while Vidic was playing in Russia. None of these players had the experience to walk into United's first team let alone lead it but that's what they did, almost IMMEDIATELY. However they had one thing in common ie the necessary skillset to make it with United (ie they were good in air, they were physically strong, they weren't injury prone or slow pokes and they could pass the ball). That's why they were successful. The only CB Sir Alex bought because of his experience was Laurent Blanc. He was a mess with us.

Anyway United had struggled with CBs because after Sir Alex that formula had been ignored. Tuanzebe is injury prone and they lack inches, Lindelof and Rojo are neither physically strong nor good in air, Bailly is injury prone as well while Blind lack inches as well. Sir Alex occasionally tried to go against that formula and it backfired on him as well. Mickey & Berg (6ft) and Jones (5ft11 and injury prone) are good examples of that.

This obsession with ball playing CBs ruined us. Sure CBs need to be able to pass the ball successfully while under pressure (something Smalling can't do) but that doesn't trump over the characteristics a United CB need to have. An injury prone/short/physically weak CB is like a goalkeeper who lacks shot stopping skills. His passing skills may be top notch or he can lead the defence like Napoleon Bonaparte did with his army but ultimately he'll be fount out.

To conclude if Badiashile possess those characteristics I previously mentioned then he will win a first team place. If he's got ample pace then he'll walk into the first team almost immediately. Our central trio (Maguire, Lindelof, Matic) is simply too slow and two of those players are key players in our team.

LET'S FOCUS ON CHARACTERISTICS NOT EXPERIENCE.

Apologies for shouting.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Our defense is working great right now. What we need is some backup players who aren't injury prone.

Rojo - Useless, will hopefully be sold this Summer.
Jones - Injured and useless, why is he still at the club?
Bailly - Can do a job but also injury prone.
Smalling - Can do a job but wants first team football, probably sold this Summer.
Tuanzebe - Yet to see what he can do, also injury prone.

We have no backups.

SteveW

Our defense is working great right now. What we need is some backup players who aren't injury prone.

Rojo - Useless, will hopefully be sold this Summer.
Jones - Injured and useless, why is he still at the club?
Bailly - Can do a job but also injury prone.
Smalling - Can do a job but wants first team football, probably sold this Summer.
Tuanzebe - Yet to see what he can do, also injury prone.

We have no backups.
Exactly. We have zero cover right now. Maguire could get a bad injury. What then? We absolutely need a CB.

Ideally someone young with good pace who can challenge and hopefully surpass Lindelof.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Therefore you haven't understood my post. Johnsen was bought from Besiktas, Stam from PSV, Rio had 1 CL season experience under his belt while Vidic was playing in Russia. None of these players had the experience to walk into United's first team let alone lead it but that's what they did, almost IMMEDIATELY. However they had one thing in common ie the necessary skillset to make it with United (ie they were good in air, they were physically strong, they weren't injury prone or slow pokes and they could pass the ball). That's why they were successful. The only CB Sir Alex bought because of his experience was Laurent Blanc. He was a mess with us.

Anyway United had struggled with CBs because after Sir Alex that formula had been ignored. Tuanzebe is injury prone and they lack inches, Lindelof and Rojo are neither physically strong nor good in air, Bailly is injury prone as well while Blind lack inches as well. Sir Alex occasionally tried to go against that formula and it backfired on him as well. Mickey & Berg (6ft) and Jones (5ft11 and injury prone) are good examples of that.

This obsession with ball playing CBs ruined us. Sure CBs need to be able to pass the ball successfully while under pressure (something Smalling can't do) but that doesn't trump over the characteristics a United CB need to have. An injury prone/short/physically weak CB is like a goalkeeper who lacks shot stopping skills. His passing skills may be top notch or he can lead the defence like Napoleon Bonaparte did with his army but ultimately he'll be fount out.

To conclude if Badiashile possess those characteristics I previously mentioned then he will win a first team place. If he's got ample pace then he'll walk into the first team almost immediately. Our central trio (Maguire, Lindelof, Matic) is simply too slow and two of those players are key players in our team.

LET'S FOCUS ON CHARACTERISTICS NOT EXPERIENCE.

Apologies for shouting.
I'm focusing on characteristics too but also quality. I'm saying right now though Badiashile posses the characteristics we need and has potential, his current quality is not what we need right now in the CB position. This is just my opinion. But there are other CBs out there who also possess the characteristics of a United CB that I think are more ready than Badiashile.

Kabak for example who is also a young talented CB. He has all the characteristics of a United centre back while being ready to challenge Lindelof or Maguire for a starting spot which I don't see Badiashile doing if he comes here in my opinion

croadyman

I'm focusing on characteristics too but also quality. I'm saying right now though Badiashile posses the characteristics we need and has potential, his current quality is not what we need right now in the CB position. This is just my opinion. But there are other CBs out there who also possess the characteristics of a United CB that I think are more ready than Badiashile.

Kabak for example who is also a young talented CB. He has all the characteristics of a United centre back while being ready to challenge Lindelof or Maguire for a starting spot which I don't see Badiashile doing if he comes here in my opinion
Yeah there seems to have been little to no links of Kabak to Utd only Spurs & Liverpool have been mentioned.

Upamecano seems quality but then he has just signed that contract extension with Leipzig until 2023

Rauður Djöfull

Monaco have just signed a CB if I am not wrong, maybe that is so Badiashile can move on? (he is linked to Leverkusen though)

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders

Not sure how reliable Le10sport is and I can’t seem to find the actual tweet on their page either but if this is true I wouldn’t mind.

I kinda prefer him to Gabriel but I prefer Kabak to Badiashile. Wondering if we’re not into Kabak cuz of a higher price tag.

Last edited:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Not sure how reliable Le10sport is and I can’t seem to find the actual on their page either but if this is true I wouldn’t mind.

I kinda prefer him to Gabriel but I prefer Kabak to Badiashile. Wondering if we’re not into Kabak cuz of a higher price tag.
We’re not targeting Kabak, or any other right footed defender, because we are currently following the trend of looking for a left-footed centre half specifically.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
We’re not targeting Kabak, or any other right footed defender, because we are currently following the trend of looking for a left-footed centre half specifically.
Oh right thanks for the info! Totally forgot he’s right footed.

E-mal

Hes right footed and his defensive partner is better! So I’d doubt it.
Then we play two right footed players. Why are we not getting a left footed attacker instead of Sancho?
That left foot theory is wacked. Whose defensive partner is better? Konate? He is not, let's not deceive ourselves. Upemacano is a more balanced player as he is very competent both defensively and technically.
This is how we end up signing players like AWB and then hope they improve technically.

Red_toad

Then we play two right footed players. Why are we not getting a left footed attacker instead of Sancho?
That left foot theory is wacked. Whose defensive partner is better? Konate? He is not, let's not deceive ourselves. Upemacano is a more balanced player as he is very competent both defensively and technically.
This is how we end up signing players like AWB and then hope they improve technically.
In your opinion, which just isn’t valid in mine:p

croadyman

Would prefer Upamecano but if by some miracle we could get Sancho, Grealish and this guy would be brilliant

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Would prefer Upamecano but if by some miracle we could get Sancho, Grealish and this guy would be brilliant
But hasn't Upemecano just signed a new three-year contract with Leipzig, wiping out his low release clause? Surely that means he's staying for at least another season. Not sure why he keeps being mentioned on here.

A reliable French journalist signalled our interest in Badiashille a few weeks ago. Think there's something in this.

Zidane's a big fan of this lad apparently. Sees him as a long-term replacement for Ramos (according to wiki) - but I doubt they'll be doing much business this summer with covid and the money they've wasted recently (and their inability to move on Rodriguez & Bale)

manuchamp88

But hasn't Upemecano just signed a new three-year contract with Leipzig, wiping out his low release clause? Surely that means he's staying for at least another season. Not sure why he keeps being mentioned on here.
Obviously we didn't rate him enough to sign him before the new contract. Then again, not like us to be astute when it comes to this sort of thing (see Fellaini).

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Konate was statistically the best CB at bringing the ball out of defence in the Bundesliga before his injury. Not sure how you come come to the conclusion he isn't good on the ball.

You have to be very good on the ball to score a goal like this as a CB.

E-mal

Konate was statistically the best CB at bringing the ball out of defence in the Bundesliga before his injury. Not sure how you come come to the conclusion he isn't good on the ball.

You have to be very good on the ball to score a goal like this as a CB.

Yeah, he's alright although still look awkward for me on the ball.
My point is Upemecano is better on the ball for me by just watching them both play the game and appears to be slightly better at positioning.
Konate appears better in the air, more pace and stronger in the tackle but generally speaking I prefer Dayot.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yeah, he's alright although still look awkward for me on the ball.
My point is Upemecano is better on the ball for me by just watching them both play the game and appears to be slightly better at positioning.
Konate appears better in the air, more pace and stronger in the tackle but generally speaking I prefer Dayot.
That's fine I respect that. Upamecano is also very good.

croadyman

A reliable French journalist signalled our interest in Badiashille a few weeks ago. Think there's something in this.

Zidane's a big fan of this lad apparently. Sees him as a long-term replacement for Ramos (according to wiki) - but I doubt they'll be doing much business this summer with covid and the money they've wasted recently (and their inability to move on Rodriguez & Bale)
So are you saying because he has signed a new contract that has wiped out his release clause which would have come into activation next summer

Jibbs

I think he is most promising among the young crop of french defenders under 20 years of age. In two years time he will be even better than Upamecano and Konate. We should definitely be all in for him at 30 m.

croadyman

I think he is most promising among the young crop of french defenders under 20 years of age. In two years time he will be even better than Upamecano and Konate. We should definitely be all in for him at 30 m.
Yeah like I said earlier just him & Sancho is quality window but add Grealish too (unlikely) and becomes brilliant one

E-mal

So are you saying because he has signed a new contract that has wiped out his release clause which would have come into activation next summer
His release clause was active this season but seemed no one was going to pay so he extended.
It will be active next season again. What am. not sure is if they increased the fee from €45m.

His release clause was active this season but seemed no one was going to pay so he extended.
It will be active next season again. What am. not sure is if they increased the fee from €45m.
Actually decreased to €42m active next summer. Will be loads of clubs in for him at that price if he can stay fit.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
No, he had a release clause in his contract (60m euros).

In his new contract he will have a release clause of 42m euros next sumer.

This summer there is no release clause.