Benzema back in France squad for the Euros, as per reports…..

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
i know that - my point is he’s not a complete stranger to many of the squad.
The issue mentioned wasn't about him being a stranger, it's about how you deal with the on field dynamics. For example Mbappé wants to be a striker but with Benzema it wouldn't happen in a 4231, how do you deal with it? Do you try to find a solution that avoids the potential issues like a 4312?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
i know that - my point is he’s not a complete stranger to many of the squad.
He'd not played for France since 2015, why not call him up a bit earlier so maybe he can play a few games, reacquaint himself with the likes of Pogba & Griezmann and get to know Mbappe for example?

I just can't see any upside in the last minute call up. Can you?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He had a very good tournament but this is the same Benzema who was blackmailing Valbuena over a sex tape so.

redshaw

Super player, glad he was called up to give us great moments.

I wouldn't want to blame him but without Benzema would France set up a bit tighter with a covering player. France looked really good going forward and on the counter but all the teams enjoyed attacking them with ease.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

He had a very good tournament but this is the same Benzema who was blackmailing Valbuena over a sex tape so.
Benzema wasn't the blackmailer. Tired of seeing this nonsense everywhere. He is not in trial for blackmail, and he did not have anything to do with the tape itself

JPRouve

Scout
In the media the consensus is that Deschamps is responsible and that he didn't handle well the introduction of Benzema. At no point is Benzema a scapegoat.

JPRouve

Scout
He really should've moved to United from Lyon. He would've been our main player.
He wanted to play for the club of his dreams and had a great career out of it. It's one of those cases where I'm glad for the player, he got everything he wanted, the club, money and success.

Spoony

The People's President
He wanted to play for the club of his dreams and had a great career out of it. It's one of those cases where I'm glad for the player, he got everything he wanted, the club, money and success.

Yes. But at United he would've become a legend. He's had a great career and he's still a fantastic player.

He'd not played for France since 2015, why not call him up a bit earlier so maybe he can play a few games, reacquaint himself with the likes of Pogba & Griezmann and get to know Mbappe for example?

I just can't see any upside in the last minute call up. Can you?
That’s why I said it was strange.

JPRouve

Scout
Yes. But at United he would've become a legend. He's had a great career and he's still a fantastic player.
He is likely a legend at Real Madrid, he is in their record books and will be for a while.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Isn't he on trial for "involvement in attempted blackmail"? That's what's been reported here in the UK.
Involvement yes.
He is not the blackmailer, he did not have anything to do with the tape
One of the two blackmailers came from the same neighborhood as Benzema and contacted him to speak to Valbuena, he wanted Benzema to tell Valbuena to pay up.

Benzema then told Valbuena that if the tape bothers him he should pay up and be done with it and if it didn't just ignore them and let them release it.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
If Valbuena didn't cheat his wife he wouldn't be in that position in the first place.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
He really should've moved to United from Lyon. He would've been our main player.
I can't help but always go back to this but at the time it looked like we were doomed to lose Ronaldo there was a lot of talk about us using the money to buy Kaka and Benzema. It made perfect sense and I would have been so happy to see that, then those parasites bought all three and we signed Valencia and Obertan :mad:

I can't help but always go back to this but at the time it looked like we were doomed to lose Ronaldo there was a lot of talk about us using the money to buy Kaka and Benzema. It made perfect sense and I would have been so happy to see that, then those parasites bought all three and we signed Valencia and Obertan :mad:
Dodged a bullet on Kaka mind.

Skills

Snitch
Who was actually class for us.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Benzema was merely a benign mediator between his blackmailing friends who were just having a laugh and his compatriot valbuena whom he felt such loyalty to that he just had to intercede. #misunderstood

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
He's spent 12 seasons there as their first choice centre forward, won 3 league titles and four champions league trophies.

Of course he's a legend at Madrid.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
In the media the consensus is that Deschamps is responsible and that he didn't handle well the introduction of Benzema. At no point is Benzema a scapegoat.
That’s good because it clearly is Deschamps that is responsible

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Sadly yes.
Having , watched many tv and internet shows , Benzema is praised. I wonder how ugly it would've been if he didn't score any goals..
I was hoping he’d step down. Should have known better with that guy.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
So he’s gonna stick around? Oh no……
Deschamps deserves some credit.
He could have won Euro + World Cup if it wasn't for the hit on post at the last minute in 2016.

He is managing France since 2012, that's 9 years at the job, lot of time for international football.

I guess WC 2022 is his last tournament.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
By the way, can anyone think of any player with Benzema's record who barely takes penalties either?

Spoony

The People's President
I think he's probably quite happy with his trophy cabinet.

He would've had a statue outside the Stretford End. The only thing he would've missed is the Madrid climate...but it does get sunny over here a couple of times a year. So there's that....

JPRouve

Scout
Andy Cole? Similar goalscoring records over their careers too
He could have had a hundred more goals which is an incredible record. Cole really is an underrated player.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Benzema has 376 professional career goals in 15 years as a player, Cole has 230 in 19 years, definitely not similar records.
Not sure what your source is, but Cole is definitely the most comparable no.9 with an impressive record that didn’t take penalties.

In the PL alone, Cole was at 187 goals (0 penalties), 73 assists in 414 appearances.

Benz is 192 (11 pens), 102 assists in 383 appearances. Obviously the tide is in Benzema’s favour (he has aged gracefully whilst Cole obviously went downhill after leaving us), but Cole sure isn’t in bad company here.