Berbatov

Status
Not open for further replies.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Id rather pay whatever it takes to sign benzema than pay 27 million for berbatov. Dont get me wrong, the guy is class, just benzema looks much better.

cloud218

30 mil?

If I was Fergie...well, just an opinion. Anways, if I was SAF, I'd spend 10 mil on extra scouting all over the world, spend another 10 mil buying the player, and invest 10 mil on the player to become a world quality.

Eto'odinho

Retard magnet
30 mil?
If I was Fergie...well, just an opinion. Anways, if I was SAF, I'd spend 10 mil on extra scouting all over the world, spend another 10 mil buying the player, and invest 10 mil on the player to become a world quality.

Thank god you are not SAF. £10mil on scouting? What are you the CIA?

GusHiddink

Alex Ferguson will not win another champions leagu
In the berbatov thread trying to push the deal thr
I must admit it has taken an awful long time but even I have started to come round. He exudes class, has that air of arrogance and assuredness about him and is good in the air. I don't think I have seen a better line leader in the premiership this season.

He may be slow and 27 BUT with his playing style he could be 40 and still be weaving the magic.He is an intelligent fecker like Sheringham, knows how to bring others into play and so on and so forth. He isn't very old after all we signed Yorkie in his prime (27 I think) and he had a memorable time here. Similarly Drogba only really came of age in England at 28 and now he is the dog's bollocks

I have for sometime stated that he is overrated (well what player isn't?) BUT over the course of the last 18 months or so I have finally seen what everyone else has been seeing. Top top player.He needs a move to a bigger side.

At present there are only a handful of top class strikers I'll like to see at United and Berbatov is one of them, the others being Gerd Muller oh sorry Mario Gomez and Benzema.Personally I reckon having Berbatov in the side wil greatly help Rooney, freeing him up to play in his favoured withdrawn striker's role.

Just go out and splash the cash Fergie.
Amen bro. he's a striker. if we want the best we have to pay top dollar. Pay 18.6 for carrick and god knows for carrick.....and people are quibbling over a world class striker for 30?!! (be cheaper than 30 by the way).

And yes he aint quick but he aint bloody slow you mugs.

:lol:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Superb player. Would fit right in at United. We should break the bank to sign either him or Benzema and complete our squad (oh and another full-back, please)

The difference between the two "B"s, IMO, is that i we sign Berbatov we might not need to sign another player for another 4 or 5 years. If we sign Benzema that could go as far as 7 or 8. So, all thing's being equal, Benzema would be the more sensible choice.

But all things aren't equal and I think Benzema is going to be the subject of a bidding war between the likes of Milan, Madrid and (assuming they let Drogba go) Chelsea. And that's a bidding war we haven't a hope of winning.

So yeah, Berbatov, sign him. Please.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

just turned 27
. with his playing style you're looking at 32 before you even have to start worrying about any decline, and even then thats prob early.

You really have no clue how good this guy could be for us. But hopefully ill get the chance to say told you so.
Dress it up how you like, this chap does not fit the ethos or culture that SAF has built into our new side. I would be very surprsied (and dissappointed) if we signed him.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
He does have a point though.

People quiblle about the expense of signing both Carrick and Hargreaves, and this reflects on them not at all as players but the poor handling of the situation from a business aspect by the club.

Barely a year before we ultimately made a move for both, we could have spent many millions less on bringing them to OT. This error is porbably most glaring when it comes to Hargreaves, whose Bayner contract was extended what was it, 12-14 months before we arrived on the scene.

And here we are again it seems if things play out as some suggest.

So the CIA or MI6 may be of some use. ;)

We are yet to reach a permanent deal for Tevez too, which won't come cheap by any means. If we can be a litle more cute with our purchases, take some risks with the youth, why not i say. With the squad in the position that it is, a relative positionof strength, it looks like the right time to try such things.

GusHiddink

GusHiddink

He does have a point though.

People quiblle about the expense of signing both Carrick and Hargreaves, and this reflects on them not at all as players but the poor handling of the situation from a business aspect by the club.

Barely a year before we ultimately made a move for both, we could have spent many millions less on bringing them to OT. This error is porbably most glaring when it comes to Hargreaves, whose Bayner contract was extended what was it, 12-14 months before we arrived on the scene.

And here we are again it seems if things play out as some suggest.

So the CIA or MI6 may be of some use. ;)

We are yet to reach a permanent deal for Tevez too, which won't come cheap by any means. If we can be a litle more cute with our purchases, take some risks with the youth, why not i say. With the squad in the position that it is, a relative positionof strength, it looks like the right time to try such things.
Decent point but some need to go to a medium size club before they come to us. carrick would never be the player he is now had he gone straight to us from west ham. could easily be another liam miller who simply moved too early.

Ill not be surprised if we are bidding for bale in 3 or 4 years time...just the way it goes. lets say he'd come to us instead of spurs. with evra playing the way he is there is no doubt his games would be limited for us. walcott another good example. arguement that he'd be better off by now had he moved to a club somewhere between arsenal and southampton.

Maybe not, it does work out in some cases.

red2deadboy

Berb is seriously talented and reminds me a little of king eric, the way he strolls around the park, executes flicks and feins with easy and has fabulous technique, but he also likes to come deep and float around the park and this we already have in rooney and tevez. What we currently lack is a cold blooded finisher to completement the likes of ronaldo, rooney, tevez and nani's of our team. Berb would cost upward of 25mill and for this i'de rather we go in for benz or the hunt.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Berb is seriously talented and reminds me a little of king eric, the way he strolls around the park, executes flicks and feins with easy and has fabulous technique, but he also likes to come deep and float around the park and this we already have in rooney and tevez. What we currently lack is a cold blooded finisher to completement the likes of ronaldo, rooney, tevez and nani's of our team. Berb would cost upward of 25mill and for this i'de rather we go in for benz or the hunt.
You'd rather have Huntelaar than Berbatov for £25m?

:eek:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Benzema would complete our team. He's a true bulldozer, takes no shit simply knocks people out the way and buries the ball in the net. He's absolutly class and his price tag will simply increase over more time.

Berbatov a very good player. But too old and too high price on his head to be worthwhile. I admire his technique though and respect his wish to stay at Spurs.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
I must admit it has taken an awful long time but even I have started to come round. He exudes class, has that air of arrogance and assuredness about him and is good in the air. I don't think I have seen a better line leader in the premiership this season.

He may be slow and 27 BUT with his playing style he could be 40 and still be weaving the magic.He is an intelligent fecker like Sheringham, knows how to bring others into play and so on and so forth. He isn't very old after all we signed Yorkie in his prime (27 I think) and he had a memorable time here. Similarly Drogba only really came of age in England at 28 and now he is the dog's bollocks

I have for sometime stated that he is overrated (well what player isn't?) BUT over the course of the last 18 months or so I have finally seen what everyone else has been seeing. Top top player.He needs a move to a bigger side.

At present there are only a handful of top class strikers I'll like to see at United and Berbatov is one of them, the others being Gerd Muller oh sorry Mario Gomez and Benzema.Personally I reckon having Berbatov in the side wil greatly help Rooney, freeing him up to play in his favoured withdrawn striker's role.

Just go out and splash the cash Fergie.
:eek::eek: You now like Dmitr?:eek::eek:

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Dont be mugs.

id pay that in an instant.

just turned 27. with his playing style you're looking at 32 before you even have to start worrying about any decline, and even then thats prob early.

You really have no clue how good this guy could be for us. But hopefully ill get the chance to say told you so.

Watching him at spurs is almost as painful as watching torres at liverpool.
What he said

Sam

Of his 12 PL goals this season, 4 have come against Reading, 1 against Derby and 1 against Fulham. So half of his goals have come against the worst defences in the League and teams that shouldn't even be in the PL.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Of his 12 PL goals this season, 4 have come against Reading, 1 against Derby and 1 against Fulham. So half of his goals have come against the worst defences in the League and teams that shouldn't even be in the PL.
Look at he's scoring record last season before he had he's head turned(by us:nervous:) At the end of day I would rather see an excellent up and coming striker like Benzema than berbatov.

I still find it hard to get over the fact that we could have got him for 10mil and would now have to pay 27mil. Of course figures are not my problem but knowing fergie I think given the choice of Benzema and berbatov he would go for the former simply because it wouldn't highlight the mistake that we made in not going for berbatov in the first place.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
It's amazing to me the way in which you wish to try and slice up Berbatov's goals in a way that supposed to show he's not really that good after all.

You also ignore his 8 cup competition goals so far (making 20 goals in total so far) - don't these count or matter?

And what about his 14 assists so far this season and his all-round generally excellent play - don't they matter?

It was a similar story last season, when he scored 23 goals with 15 assists in all competitions: there were several posters on here trying to slice these up in ways that suited their argument. And btw he's on course to improve on these totals this season.

Sam

It's amazing to me the way in which you wish to try and slice up Berbatov's goals in a way that supposed to show he's not really that good after all.

You also ignore his 8 cup competition goals so far (making 20 goals in total so far) - don't these count or matter?

And what about his 14 assists so far this season and his all-round generally excellent play - don't they matter?

It was a similar story last season, when he scored 23 goals with 15 assists in all competitions: there were several posters on here trying to slice these up in ways that suited their argument. And btw he's on course to improve on these totals this season.
I think he a fantastic player, just not the second coming of Christ that some think he is.

But it this way, Berbatov is lauded as some great and has 12 PL goals, Tevez is slated, and has 11 PL goals.

That's only ONE more. It just goes to show how fickle some football fans are. They would rather wank over players that don't play for their club, then appreciate the players that do.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Id rather pay whatever it takes to sign benzema than pay 27 million for berbatov. Dont get me wrong, the guy is class, just benzema looks much better.
As would I. Benzema is something special. I really hope we put a big bid on the table for him in the summer, and just let Lyon know in no uncertain terms that they either accept then and there or we forget him and sign Berbatov. No fecking around playing hard to get with slowly increasing bids, just put the money on the table and say 'yes or no'. Unfortunately the damn Euro 2008 is going to screw around with doing that as they won't sell him until after they finish.

Younited.7

united.7
"I am a man with simple tastes - I am always
Threads about other players always seem to end up narcing someone.

Just because some people say they like Berbatov, and think he is a smashing player; does not mean that those same people are slating Tevez. The same was happening in the Torres thread, jealous United fans say: Ronaldo has got more goals and is a midfielder so why talk about Torres? Im a football fan, and a United fan, in whichever order suits me best at the time, i like to talk about other great players, im thinking a lot of people are on the caf, but get villified for it by Top reds or whatever you call them.

That wasnt a dig at you Sam.

But come on people, most of us watch Berbatov week in week out, he is outstanding. Benzema has not exceeded his ability yet, he is well on his way to, at an early age, but everyone is talking like they watch Lyon all the time and are qualified to say what he is and what he isnt. Everything i have seen of Benzema is class, he causes a lot of problems, scored a brilliant goal against us, but Berbatov is on another skill level at the moment. Benzema still has a lot to learn, and a lot of time to. They are different players in many ways, Berbatov, i guarantee, would have a far greater impact on arrival than Benzema, who has said so far that he doesnt want to come to us.

VII

Berbagol or Benzegol?

'01 911 Turbo or '08 911 GT2

Dollar for dollar I'll take the younger one. Makes more sense.

VII

just let Lyon know in no uncertain terms that they either accept then and there or we forget him and sign Berbatov.
Isn't that why we didn't have Berbatov already for less than half the price?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Berbagol or Benzegol?

'01 911 Turbo or '08 911 GT2

Dollar for dollar I'll take the younger one. Makes more sense.
The one comes up with a lifelong guarantee, while the other one doesn't have any kind of guarantee.

That changes a lot.

VII

Guarantees for footballers? lol

Veron, Shevchenko, Cisse, Rebrov etc...................................................................................................................................................................................................................

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Isn't that why we didn't have Berbatov already for less than half the price?
No, we missed out on Berbatov because by the time we came in he'd pretty much agreed everything with Spurs. It hadn't been officially signed, but all the talks had taken place and it was basically verbally agreed. Similar to Ruud when we signed him, Real came in at the last minute but we'd already done all the groundwork and he didn't think twice about them.

Suedesi

I am convinced that his lack of athleticism was what put Fergie off in the first place.

I don't think we will buy him two years later at 30 million quid, despite his silky skills. Likely to be one of those 'what ifs'.

Marcus

Berbatov is proven in the premiership whereas Benzema is not. So there should be a price premium in favour of Berbatov when making a comparison. Having said that, we would need to factor that signing a rather old Berbatov rather than Benzema,we woud have to forgo any "resale" value.

Younited.7

united.7
"I am a man with simple tastes - I am always
Berbatov is quicker than Zidane ever was, they are similar in players in many ways, not saying Berbatov is of the same ability, but one was playing in world cup finals aged 35 and winning player of the tournament.

I would fecking love either Benzema or Berbatov, there arent many other strikers that arouse excitement in me.

GusHiddink

Threads about other players always seem to end up narcing someone.

Just because some people say they like Berbatov, and think he is a smashing player; does not mean that those same people are slating Tevez. The same was happening in the Torres thread, jealous United fans say: Ronaldo has got more goals and is a midfielder so why talk about Torres? Im a football fan, and a United fan, in whichever order suits me best at the time, i like to talk about other great players, im thinking a lot of people are on the caf, but get villified for it by Top reds or whatever you call them.

That wasnt a dig at you Sam.

But come on people, most of us watch Berbatov week in week out, he is outstanding. Benzema has not exceeded his ability yet, he is well on his way to, at an early age, but everyone is talking like they watch Lyon all the time and are qualified to say what he is and what he isnt. Everything i have seen of Benzema is class, he causes a lot of problems, scored a brilliant goal against us, but Berbatov is on another skill level at the moment. Benzema still has a lot to learn, and a lot of time to. They are different players in many ways, Berbatov, i guarantee, would have a far greater impact on arrival than Benzema, who has said so far that he doesnt want to come to us.
top post

Berbatov's first touch is orgasmic. Sign Him.
couldnt agree more

Berbatov is proven in the premiership whereas Benzema is not. So there should be a price premium in favour of Berbatov when making a comparison. Having said that, we would need to factor that signing a rather old Berbatov rather than Benzema,we woud have to forgo any "resale" value.
the premiership point is a good one, and for me the service we'd get would pay for the fee. Would e delighted with benzema if thats who it turned out to be. Seem to be alot of negative noises coming from him though.

Berbatov is quicker than Zidane ever was, they are similar in players in many ways, not saying Berbatov is of the same ability, but one was playing in world cup finals aged 35 and winning player of the tournament.

I would fecking love either benzema or Berbatov, there arent many other strikers that arouse excitement in me.
Again top post. the way they bring a ball down is very similar and some of the footwork in tight spaces.

You've gotta remember he's likely to get better playing and training with our players as well.

VII

No, we missed out on Berbatov because by the time we came in he'd pretty much agreed everything with Spurs. It hadn't been officially signed, but all the talks had taken place and it was basically verbally agreed. Similar to Ruud when we signed him, Real came in at the last minute but we'd already done all the groundwork and he didn't think twice about them.
Sorry, I thought he mentioned that he felt more wanted by Spurs as they showed more urgency. While we were busy with Tevez maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.