g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Bernardo Silva | Bouhafsi - 70m Euros, 5 year contract. Going to City CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Don't say Silva looks like Mata. The only player that Silva looks like was called Figo. Same type of dribbling, same type field awareness, same pass accuracy.

Silva will be the best portuguese player after Ronaldo stops playing. The only problem Silva got is that he wasn't marketable. That's why Benfica never bet on him.
If we are signing the new Figo, I'am up for that :drool:

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
If we are signing the new Figo, I'am up for that :drool:
Calm down, he's nothing like Figo. Figo was one of the all time greats and an out and out winger, but with world class playmaking skills to boot too.

Silva at best, can be a David Silva with goals.. which in of itself is tremendous, but don't for one minute confuse him with a proper wide man like Figo.

Red Star One

Rashford

Martial Mkhi Fellaini Greizmann Silva

Rooney Carrick

Jones Smalling

Romero
It's ON!
Smalling could do the job alone I think. We should go with "the uterus" formation:

Rashford Mbappe

Martial Mkhi Fellaini Griezmann Silva

Rooney Carrick

Smalling

De Gea​

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Haven't seen much of him, but 10 goals and 11 assists in 60 apps this season isn't a terribly impressive return tbh.
Silva, De Bruyne, Iniesta, Modric, none of those have particularly great stats either. Not that I'm particularly pro this signing but stats aren't everything, players like Bernardo typically play the pass that leads to the assist

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Calm down, he's nothing like Figo. Figo was one of the all time greats and an out and out winger, but with world class playmaking skills to boot too.

Silva at best, can be a David Silva with goals.. which in of itself is tremendous, but don't for one minute confuse him with a proper wide man like Figo.
I won't have it muppet slayer, my muppets are staying a live for now

Figo, Silva :drool:

Von Mistelroum

Honestly I'd be quite happy with Lemar of Silva, but for me Silva will show to be the better player in a couple of years quite clearly. We all have opinions and I've been wrong before, but I'd definitely pick him of the two. He seems more in control even when moving at pace, and I think he'll become a top player. I have a sneaky feeling that Lemar, while looking good for Monaco, wouldn't be quite as great in the PL.

Bruno Marques

Supports
Vitória de Setúbal
No. Benfica never bet on him because Jorge Jesus is a dumbass. Really simple.
Jesus is a dumbass, that's true. And he is also like most of the guys here. Pace Pace Pace. lol.

What i was trying to say with marketable it's because someone somwhere will always have something to point to Bernardo has a younger to generate more income.

"he doesn't have enough pace"
"he isn't strong enough"
"He's not high enough"

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Jesus is a dumbass, that's true. And he is also like most of the guys here. Pace Pace Pace. lol.

What i was trying to say with marketable it's because someone somwhere will always have something to point to Bernardo has a younger to generate more income.

"he isn't strong enough"
"He's not high enough"
That's funny because it's true. I understand your point now and i agree.

Skåre Willoch

"he isn't strong enough"
"He's not high enough"
420 blaze it. Sure you're not thinking about Mutu?

Mainoldo

Silva, De Bruyne, Iniesta, Modric, none of those have particularly great stats either. Not that I'm particularly pro this signing but stats aren't everything, players like Bernardo typically play the pass that leads to the assist
Even though personally this season had been mediocre for De Bruyne his stats area still impressive.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Today, they are at the same level, that's barely a discussion. Bernardo Silva is hyped but Lemar is not only as important but also as good technically and has been very consistent. If it wasn't for Lemar Monaco wouldn't be in CL this season and if it wasn't for the trio Lemar, Fabinho and Bernardo Monaco wouldn't be champions.

There isn't much between the three of them.

Edit: And he has nothing to do with Malouda.
I agree it isn't a discussion, but only because i think Silva is considerably better and if I had to bet on one to be regarded as one of the best players in the world by the time they are mid 20's, I'd pick Silva every day of the week without hesitation.

I've watched Monaco this season without any bias or preconceived expectations and Silva is the one has blown me away in all honesty. I just think that what he can do is such a rarity in football.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

"he isn't strong enough"
"He's not high enough"
Your post is so anti christian.

AgentP

How is Silva compared to Isco? Isco has been playing on the RW recently so both of them play in the same position. I feel they have a similar style of play but Isco is clearly better.

Ole90+3

How is Silva compared to Isco? Isco has been playing on the RW recently so both of them play in the same position. I feel they have a similar style of play but Isco is clearly better.
From what I've seen from both players, Isco seems more direct and penetrative in his style, whereas Silva is more patient and would suit a possession based team more. However, I've seen much more of Isco than Silva, and the games I've seen Silva in have been against competitive opponents, so this could be effecting my opinion of Silva's style in particular.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
This thread died pretty quick after the Tweets about Griez.
Is it still on? :)

gr3yham3

This thread died pretty quick after the Tweets about Griez.
Is it still on? :)
It's been only like a couple of days with no news. I think the move should still be on, and that we are concentrating on the Europa final over anything else. Even the Griezmann noise is coming from Griezmann himself, not from us. I think it wil be on, as we would need new players to take over the no.7 and most likely, no.10, jerseys come August. Hopefully we manage to seal all the deals before the pre-season games start and we can have a proper pre-season with the whole squad.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
I don't really rate Silva as high as some here, but if we get him and Griezmann, it would be impossible to complain.

Kearnkoff69

He's the kind of player that we'd spend ages debating whether or not he's good enough, and then City would sign and he'd become a cornerstone of their team. He's very talented and he'd get bums out of seats.

prath92

I have the same doubt about him as I had regarding Mahrez end of last season. Is he likely to be a one season wonder in a team that punched above its weight? As we saw with Mahrez, 15-16 and 16-17 avatars of Mahrez was eons apart.

I haven't watched him much so I genuinely don't know.

NoPace

His quality on the ball, both passing and dribbling, would help us against weaker teams where we can't seem to keep possession and just force them back into their final 3rd (though Mourinho seems against this anyways as it limits counter-attacking opportunities).

I'd love to see him in Iniestia' role, just flipped sides.

Pogba-Silva
--Herrera---

would be a midfield I don't think weaker teams could live with. A lot of passing ability there. Valencia and a LB getting up the wings and 3 in attack with Griezmann, one of the fast young strikers in Rashford/Martial and another direct creator with Mata or Mkhitaryan, and I think we'd get back to scoring goals at home against weaker sides. No idea if Mourinho would risk this, but I never thought he'd use Cesc in a midfield 2, so who knows.

And in big games, we'd presumably only play one of Rashford/Martial/Mkhitaryan/Mata along with Griezmann and then bring in a CM or DM, whether in a 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 with Pogba as the 10, diamond or a 4-4-2 with Pogba and Silva tucking in and Herrera and a DM/CM in the middle with Griezmann and whoever partners him best up top.

Hard to think of a Prem player exactly like him. Maybe Steed Malbranque having the best month of his career but as base level, and left-footed.

Mani

Not just signing him would be the answer,we need players around him to be intelligent enough to pass and receive back.Over all our attacking play for last season was not so great.

Nadzri

His quality on the ball, both passing and dribbling, would help us against weaker teams where we can't seem to keep possession and just force them back into their final 3rd (though Mourinho seems against this anyways as it limits counter-attacking opportunities).

Pogba-Silva
--Herrera---

would be a midfield I don't think weaker teams could live with. A lot of passing ability there. Valencia and a LB getting up the wings and 3 in attack with Griezmann, one of the fast young strikers in Rashford/Martial and another direct creator with Mata or Mkhitaryan, and I think we'd get back to scoring goals at home against weaker sides. No idea if Mourinho would risk this, but I never thought he'd use Cesc in a midfield 2, so who knows.

And in big games, we'd presumably only play one of Rashford/Martial/Mkhitaryan/Mata along with Griezmann and then bring in a CM or DM, whether in a 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 with Pogba as the 10, diamond or a 4-4-2 with Pogba and Silva tucking in and Herrera and a DM/CM in the middle with Griezmann and whoever partners him best up top.

Hard to think of a Prem player exactly like him. Maybe Steed Malbranque having the best month of his career but as base level, and left-footed.
I agree with you on this. If what everyone say is right (good work ethic, willing to do defensive duties), pairing him and Pogba with Herrera marshaling behind them will make for a very good balanced trio in the middle of the park. We then can use either a pacy striker to receive the thru ball from either Pogba or Silva, or a target man who will look to receive the ball and bring in the play for the either side of the cut-in (inverted) wingers to score.

Norris

By far our biggest fault all season has been our lack of attacking thrust and scoring goals. For all the talk about defensive midfield, left back and central defence, we've got the second best defence in the league this season. Hell, other than Spurs (3 goals less) and Chelsea (four goals more), our defence is massively ahead of anyone else with City being next in line with a full 10 goals more conceded. Whereas our attack has scored over 20 goals less than any of the other top 6, and over 30 less than some.

I'd be very surprised if we don't make at least two big attacking signings. At least one will be a true goalscorer (which is where Griezmann comes in), the only question is whether the second will also be a goalscorer or whether he'd be a more creative force. Silva seems to fit more into the second category.

Sure, our defensive positions have their faults and I expect we'll strengthen at least one or two of them. But if we have to pick and choose where the big money goes, the defensive positions will likely be filled by relatively 'cheap' players. Alternatively, maybe we'll go big in a number of different positions now that Mourinho has had a season to really get a feel for what we need.
The point you raise is not about us creating chances, but rather finishing them, which I agree with. The Griezmann buy makes sense in that regard, but how does Silva fit into the equation? He's a creator, a dribbler, of playmaker mould.

Also, though you have mentioned that a DM is not as high a priorty as an attacking threat, I have to disagree. Our midfield options are really thin. If Carrick does call it quits, it's vital somebody steps in. If Tuanzebe is that player, then great, but if not, we need to look at the market. If Carrick does retire, we'll have 3 Midfielders who are first choice in Pogba, Herrera and Fellaini. That is simply not enough when we are challenging on 4 fronts next season.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The point you raise is not about us creating chances, but rather finishing them, which I agree with. The Griezmann buy makes sense in that regard, but how does Silva fit into the equation? He's a creator, a dribbler, of playmaker mould.

Also, though you have mentioned that a DM is not as high a priorty as an attacking threat, I have to disagree. Our midfield options are really thin. If Carrick does call it quits, it's vital somebody steps in. If Tuanzebe is that player, then great, but if not, we need to look at the market. If Carrick does retire, we'll have 3 Midfielders who are first choice in Pogba, Herrera and Fellaini. That is simply not enough when we are challenging on 4 fronts next season.
We need more players getting into the box when we break forward. This season we have had only one of Lingard or Myktarin or Martial supporting Zlatan and outside Zlatan no one has chipped in with enough of a goal return (perhaps Mata aside). We need to see 4-5 players breaking into the box together when attacking not 1 or 2.

Norris

We need more players getting into the box when we break forward. This season we have had only one of Lingard or Myktarin or Martial supporting Zlatan and outside Zlatan no one has chipped in with enough of a goal return (perhaps Mata aside). We need to see 4-5 players breaking into the box together when attacking not 1 or 2.
But isn't Silva also not the sort to make late runs into the box ? I've not seen much of him except in UCL and a couple of highlights, but he doesn't really make too many late runs into the box.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

Pogba-Silva
--Herrera---

Seems like a Hazard/Isco type of player. I think Mou's vision was to have Mykhi to be THAT man, but he's been fairly disappointing.

Is he a consistent player, though?

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
But isn't Silva also not the sort to make late runs into the box ? I've not seen much of him except in UCL and a couple of highlights, but he doesn't really make too many late runs into the box.
Sorry wasn't saying he was or wasn't all I meant was we need to be committing more men forward during attacks, instead of having one crosser, Zlatan and someone around the edge of the box. I'd prefer to see a crosser and 3-4 players getting in the box.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Yes and no. In probably two thirds of our draws this season we have created a fair bit but haven't been able to finish. So that is why we'll definitely be buying a finisher. However, there have also been quite a few of those draws where we haven't really been able to create chances. That's why I'm not sure if the second player will lean more towards another finisher or a more creative role (while still chipping in with a decent amount of goals himself).

Oh, I'm almost certain we will be buying a midfielder as well. I just expect our priority to be the attacking roles, so that will be where our main funds go. The midfielder might be a bit cheaper ('only' £30m or so), similar to how we got Bailly this season. Of course, there's always the chance we'll be willing to put forward big money for more than two players.

izec

Doesnt sound like Mourinho wants him. When said if he wants to try to sign Silva, he said: " I do not think so, honestly. However, you never know. Good players are welcome."

Compare it to Griezmann, and this one seems off.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Doesnt sound like Mourinho wants him. When said if he wants to try to sign Silva, he said: " I do not think so, honestly. However, you never know. Good players are welcome."

We'll see what happens. He did something similar last summer about Pogba if i remember right. You can tell Jose just doesn't want to talk about this stuff with the press.

maba723

likes bananas a bit too much

Where was he asked that? watched the post match conference and the BT sport interview and couldn't find it

Anyways love how he says this and then refuses to speak about Griezmann.. I'm Hopeful

izec

We'll see what happens. He did something similar last summer about Pogba if i remember right. You can tell Jose just doesn't want to talk about this stuff with the press.
I am not sure. Didnt he say Pogba is a Juve player and he doesnt talk about other clubs players? Said the same about Griezmann tonight. With Silva he gave a negative and honest response straight away, even if he adds another possible sentence to it. I get a feeling he isnt a priority

Status
Not open for further replies.