Bernardo Silva | Bouhafsi - 70m Euros, 5 year contract. Going to City CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Latest player to be linked with us. Cafe's thoughts on this 21 year old who reminds me so much of Mata?

Norris

Reminds me a lot more of David Silva actually. But again, he's more of a No 10 isn't he ? We need a fast RW and Silva isn't fast. But he's definitely a great talent though. Him and Rafa Silva are great talents. I prefer Rafa Silva and playing him in midfield.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Wow, those "highlights" really reminds me of a 30 year old Rooney. Always on his way towards his own goal and a pointless crossfield pass at the end.

Heard good things about this guy, but he needs to do some fancy tricks and flicks to make a more entertaining YouTube-video.

Dong Fangzhuo

Getting linked to all the portugeezers now. Can't be long before Paulo Oliveira and Joao Cancelo join the party.

saivet

Is this the guy who played for Brazil in the WC? If so, then my brief assesment would be no thanks

Art Vandelay

Is this the guy who played for Brazil in the WC? If so, then my brief assesment would be no thanks
Nah, he's Portugese. He's looked good any time I've seen him, but it's the French league and I'm not sure how many of our problems he would be the answer to. Not seen enough of him to properly judge. He's a beast on Football Manager though if that helps.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I remember watching some clips months ago, and thinking he looks really classy on the ball, and lively too, but having doubts over his physical presence.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Reminds me a lot more of David Silva actually. But again, he's more of a No 10 isn't he ? We need a fast RW and Silva isn't fast. But he's definitely a great talent though. Him and Rafa Silva are great talents. I prefer Rafa Silva and playing him in midfield.
He's played about 25/44 games as a RW this season to be fair. The rest being LW and as a #10. I genuinely think playing on the right is the best role for him. He's pretty quick too unlike Mata and he's very positive on the ball, always dribbling at defences, he doesn't really pass it back. I think his workrate is good too which is why Mourinho would like him.

Don't understand the Mata comparisons, he's closer to Sterling than Mata...

Bernardo is a bastard to defend against (something we've lacked), he's so tricky on the ball, a terrier if you will... Personally would love us to sign him.

Only issue is he's light as feck, I'm worried that a breeze in Manchester would send the guy flying. David Silva is a great comparison to what he should be working towards, when David excelled in their inverted 4-4-2 in Pellegrini's first season. Was really expecting him to push further after how well he did in the U21 Euros.

Last edited:

the hea

I guess Sky won't need to do slow motion replays in our games next season, our play will be in slow motion all the time.

Zlatan
Silva Rooney Mata
Carrick Schweini

Devil may care

Silva isn't slow by any means, he's not blisteringly fast but he's quick. The biggest issue is whether he could cope with the PL's physicality.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I guess Sky won't need to do slow motion replays in our games next season, our play will be in slow motion all the time.

Zlatan
Silva Rooney Mata
Carrick Schweini
Silva isn't slow, I don't know why people think that he is.

amolbhatia50k

Yeah I've only seen clips and even I know he's not slow. Seems to have great technique and nice nippy burst of pace without being rapid.

JPRouve

Scout
He's a quicker Version of Mata. Very talented player indeed.
And a version actually able to dribble. Last year I dismissed the fact that he could be bullied in the PL, but people were probably right, that's a worry.

JPRouve

Scout
Also, he signed an additional 1 year extension to his 4 year contract last Summer.

Hope we don't get mugged off but he's certainly worth pursuing.
He could be sold for the same price than Carrasco since they are in the same situation, clearly talented but not a key player for Monaco.

amolbhatia50k

He could be sold for the same price than Carrasco since they are in the same situation, clearly talented but not a key player for Monaco.
I'm assuming this is a low fee. How good can he be, potentially, if he does adapt to the physical aspect of the PL?

Norris

He's played about 25/44 games as a RW this season to be fair. The rest being LW and as a #10. I genuinely think playing on the right is the best role for him. He's pretty quick too unlike Mata and he's very positive on the ball, always dribbling at defences, he doesn't really pass it back. I think his workrate is good too which is why Mourinho would like him.

Don't understand the Mata comparisons, he's closer to Sterling than Mata...

Bernardo is a bastard to defend against (something we've lacked), he's so tricky on the ball, a terrier if you will... Personally would love us to sign him.

Only issue is he's light as feck, I'm worried that a breeze in Manchester would send the guy flying. David Silva is a great comparison to what he should be working towards, when David excelled in their inverted 4-4-2 in Pellegrini's first season. Was really expecting him to push further after how well he did in the U21 Euros.
I didn't compare him to Mata.. :(. I said he reminded me of David Silva. Well he's not slow, but he's not got any real threatening pace either. He's about Januzaj's level (But Januzaj has great acceleration). But yeah, there is a genuine shortage of quality RW right now. Dembele looks the most promising, but if we don't get him, someone Like Bernardo Silva would make sense.

amolbhatia50k

I didn't compare him to Mata.. :(. I said he reminded me of David Silva. Well he's not slow, but he's not got any real threatening pace either. He's about Januzaj's level (But Januzaj has great acceleration). But yeah, there is a genuine shortage of quality RW right now. Dembele looks the most promising, but if we don't get him, someone Like Bernardo Silva would make sense.
I'd also ideally prefer someone more in the Dembele/Sale/Coman mould who combines pace and power well.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Sorry, yeah I know... :lol:

I went off-tangent, just a general comment.

JPRouve

Scout
I'm assuming this is a low fee. How good can he be, potentially, if he does adapt to the physical aspect of the PL?
Carrasco has been sold for 17m€. If he adapts, he could be as good as someone like David Silva but he has been underwhelming this season. Now I like him so I don't know if I'm being harsh or if I'm overrating him, I think that he is more talented than Carrasco or Lemar, talent-wise he is on par with James Rodriguez.

amolbhatia50k

Carrasco has been sold for 17m€. If he adapts, he could be as good as someone like David Silva but he has been underwhelming this season. Now I like him so I don't know if I'm being harsh or if I'm overrating him, I think that he is more talented than Carrasco or Lemar, talent-wise he is on par with James Rodriguez.
Wow, this sounds like a no-brainer to me, for that sort of fee. In terms of technical ability he does look fantastic. Did him and Martial have a good understanding?

JPRouve

Scout
Wow, this sounds like a no-brainer to me, for that sort of fee. In terms of technical ability he does look fantastic. Did him and Martial have a good understanding?
Not particularly, they are both comfortable with everyone.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
And a version actually able to dribble. Last year I dismissed the fact that he could be bullied in the PL, but people were probably right, that's a worry.
Would be an upgrade on Mata if we signed him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
This kid oozes class, think he'd be taken by another team, we've had no real concrete links but he'd be brilliant for us on the right. He's versatile too, can play as a #10 and on the LW too if needs be.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He's obviously talented but still a project and very lightweight. Man Utd probably needs a more reliable player at the moment and I think he would fare better in less physical leagues.

Monaco would probably be willing to sell for a decent price.

worldinmotion66

Reminds me more of Di Maria than Mata. I'd certainly be happy taking a punt on this guy, and I don't think he'd cost the earth like many of the other young talents out there.

(He signed for us on my latest game on FM2016 and was a God for us BTW, which may skew my judgment slightly)

diarm

Can people please stop making these threads? I'm 78% sure there are chairmen of various European clubs who don't bother with scouting departments at all. They just monitor the Caf and when a player thread reaches more than 30 pages in the Transfer Forum they lob in a bid.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If he's weak, I don't want. Tired of watching us get bullied in games.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I'm leaning more towards Rafa Silva if I had to chose, but I'd imagine we have good contacts at Monaco for this one. I'd imagine there's some serious right wing scouting going on right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.