Bernardo Silva | Bouhafsi - 70m Euros, 5 year contract. Going to City CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's played about 25/44 games as a RW this season to be fair. The rest being LW and as a #10. I genuinely think playing on the right is the best role for him. He's pretty quick too unlike Mata and he's very positive on the ball, always dribbling at defences, he doesn't really pass it back. I think his workrate is good too which is why Mourinho would like him.

Don't understand the Mata comparisons, he's closer to Sterling than Mata...

Bernardo is a bastard to defend against (something we've lacked), he's so tricky on the ball, a terrier if you will... Personally would love us to sign him.

Only issue is he's light as feck, I'm worried that a breeze in Manchester would send the guy flying. David Silva is a great comparison to what he should be working towards, when David excelled in their inverted 4-4-2 in Pellegrini's first season. Was really expecting him to push further after how well he did in the U21 Euros.
I agree with most of this but as you said he doesn't really pass it back and his decision making in the final third struck me as a large negative point. He has the quickness and technical ability to be a threat, but it doesn't count for much if he isn't superb finisher or a good decision maker.

AkaAkuma

I agree with most of this but as you said he doesn't really pass it back and his decision making in the final third struck me as a large negative point. He has the quickness and technical ability to be a threat, but it doesn't count for much if he isn't superb finisher or a good decision maker.
He's got the frailties of Mata, but with more speed and dribbling instinct, minus the composure in the box.

3KDré

He seems to be quite a lot faster and have a better work rate, the former of which is people's main gripe with Mata.
Mata now has an excellent work rate. The problem is, it's mostly rendered useless by the fact that he can easily be barged off the ball (etc)

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He's got the frailties of Mata, but with more speed and dribbling instinct, minus the composure in the box.
He is a good finisher, last season he scored 12 goals and this season 7.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Mata now has an excellent work rate. The problem is, it's mostly rendered useless by the fact that he can easily be barged off the ball (etc)
His physical weakness is not the issue here, it's his speed that makes his pressing/defensive contributions pretty much useless.

Having a player that can close someone down quickly despite his size is still effective, one of the reasons I loved Rafael.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Good player but I don't know if he is made to play in the EPL

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Injured in training and apparently out for many weeks = No Euros
It's bad news. I think he would have an important role in our national team and i put him as a starter in my expected lineup. But he's young and he will have more chances in the future i suppose.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Swipe him up while the interest and attention is low? Sounds like he could be the solution at right wing that we're looking for with a relatively reasonable pricetag.

Kostur

海尔的老板
He looked class against Spurs, there was a bit of interest this summer. Might be the guy to replace Rooney.

Wow, those "highlights" really reminds me of a 30 year old Rooney. Always on his way towards his own goal and a pointless crossfield pass at the end.

Heard good things about this guy, but he needs to do some fancy tricks and flicks to make a more entertaining YouTube-video.
:nervous:

dichinero

I really like him and hope we get him. Rather him than James and I like the Hames. Can do a job on the right and at #10

JeffBoomTetris

He is his own type of player. But, if you were to guess, whose style does he lean more towards? Mata or David Silva?

I saw him running with the ball and this dribbling gait looked quite similar to Silva's. Anyone in here that watches Monaco on a regular basis? @JPRouve?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He is his own type of player. But, if you were to guess, whose style does he lean more towards? Mata or David Silva?

I saw him running with the ball and this dribbling gait looked quite similar to Silva's. Anyone in here that watches Monaco on a regular basis? @JPRouve?
Plays more Like Mata in the sense that he's more direct, get's the ball forward quickly for a shot or get's it wide and get's in the box ready for the cross.

Looks more like Silva in the way he has a nice dribbling style, very close to his feet. He's obviously not the finished article but he's pleasing on the eye. From what I've seen he's more of a 2nd striker rather than a playmaker.

JPRouve

Scout

He is like Silva at Valencia, not the current playmaking artist. But he has the potential to be exactly like Silva today.

TJSF

Supports
Benfica
He loan him because Jorge Jesus was playing him as left back in the pre-season. He talked to the president that he rather play elsewhere than as left back. Monaco bought him six months later.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He looks like a real possibility to come here, I don't see how he fits in the team with Rooney firmly holding the place Bernardo Silva excel in, nor do I expect us to write Mkhitaryan off after one game and give him time on the right.

United Pro

He's effectively a quicker version of Mata with better dribbling. Some may even compare him to Gaitan.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
From the little I know of him, or have seen of him, he's very comparable to Mata.

Unless we ridding ourselves of both Mata & Rooney, I wish we could be linked to an actual winger. Douglas Costa style. Our squad misses or needs that type pace/trickery/directness much more.

Who fits that type category, that's quality and available, is another matter though.

JPRouve

Scout
From the little I know of him, or have seen of him, he's very comparable to Mata.

Unless we ridding ourselves of both Mata & Rooney, I wish we could be linked to an actual winger. Douglas Costa style. Our squad misses or needs that type pace/trickery/directness much more.

Who fits that type category, that's quality and available, is another matter though.
I don't understand, he has nothing in common with Mata.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I don't understand, he has nothing in common with Mata.
Aargh, I've not seen much of him, at all JP. I said as much. I just saw/see him as a technical number 10, not blessed with tons of pace or physique, but very good technically. Hence the Mata comparisons. But yeah, can't argue with someone who's watched him much more!

I just think our squad's crying out for more pace/trickery on the wing, unless of course we plan on flogging high earners like Mata and Rooney, to make space for a new 10.

JPRouve

Scout
Aargh, I've not seen much of him, at all JP. I said as much. I just saw/see him as a technical number 10, not blessed with tons of pace or physique, but very good technically. Hence the Mata comparisons. But yeah, can't argue with someone who's watched him much more!

I just think our squad's crying out for more pace/trickery on the wing, unless of course we plan on flogging high earners like Mata and Rooney, to make space for a new 10.
Let me tell you what he is then.:D

He is extremely trickery to the point that when Monaco wants to waste time, they just pass him the ball, he runs to one side and keep the ball on his own, he is relatively fast, is quick and has fairly good balance with a low center of gravity. He can play wide, he very often plays there but he can also play as a SS/#10.

The only thing that he has in common with Mata is that they are both able to score from outside the box.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Let me tell you what he is then.:D

He is extremely trickery to the point that when Monaco wants to waste time, they just pass him the ball, he runs to one side and keep the ball on his own, he is relatively fast, is quick and has fairly good balance with a low center of gravity. He can play wide, he very often plays there but he can also play as a SS/#10.

The only thing that he has in common with Mata is that they are both able to score from outside the box.
Thanks JP :lol: appreciated.

Sounds like a good signing then - especially if we can have him/Mkhitaryan interchange between 10 & out wide!

Sb_16

I think the team would be much better with a no10 of his characteristics than someone like Griezmann.

Dante

Average bang
I know nothing about this lad, but I can't see United going for a #10 as long as we have Pogba. We need to go for goalscoring wingers and, regardless of his position, this Silva doesn't seem to produce great numbers according to Wikipedia.

Status
Not open for further replies.