Best assist you've ever seen?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Everyone remembers great goals, but what's the best assist you can remember? An amazing defence-splitting pass? Pinpoint cross? Bit of skill?

This one was first to come to mind for me.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Frank de Boer for the Berkamp goal against Argentina comes to mind.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
All assists for Ronaldo's hat-trick against Sweden were marvelous. Three great in one match only. Moutinho's passes in particular were outstanding. Three perfect goals I'd say, perfect finishes to perfect passes.

Deleted member 101472

Frank de Boer for the Berkamp goal against Argentina comes to mind.
If it’s just purely on the assist, it’s just a long ball over the top. Honestly think it’s an overrated goal because Ayala forgot Bergkamp has a first touch like that

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Just taking a piss, really:

He's had a couple of brilliant overhead assists too.
edit: always worth a watch

Last edited:

Bole Top

Nani for Rooney vs Milan (2009)
Ronaldinho for Xavi vs Madrid (can't remember when, 2004 or 2005)

Inter Yer Nan

One of my favorite's was Veron to Solskjaer in a Champions League win over Deportivo. He was on the right side near the half way line and just takes a long and beautifully strokes it with the outside of his foot and it glides across the surface past everyone and right to Ole to finish. Majestic.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
More recently, relatively speaking, Rooney’s assist to RVP was just about as ridiculous as they come. Granted RVP had everything to do with that goal, but I guess combined that was about as nice of a goal as you can see.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Remember Xavi's pass for Messi's header against us in the CL final. That was sublime.

RedRevongge

Agree with the Kaka assist. Amazing turn and insane pass. Especially considering the game. Brilliant finish by Inzaghi too.

If only the second half didn't happen then it would be much more talked about

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff

No contest
I wouldn't rate the assist up there with the best of them as he flicked it blindly, into the danger zone and luckily enough into Boateng's path. It could have gone anywhere really.

Still a hell of a goal though.

montpelier

3 min 50sec here - it's a beauty, one pass takes 3 defenders & GK out of the game

luke511

It's a shame Messi never makes any of these lists, he's done so many outrageous things it's hard to distinguish one from the other because of it.

Last edited: