Best counter-attack goals

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Counter attacks are (were?) the speciality of the club. Over the years, we've scored quite a few. Which ones come to mind?

This thread is to share your souvenirs on the best counter-attack goals we've scored, but also to talk about any other counter-attacks in world football (the most famous ones, the ones scored against us, the world cup ones, etc.)

Two that I remember vividly are those scored by Cristiano Ronaldo and Rooney.

The first by Rooney was in the league against Arsenal. It was especially impressive as Rooney was at the start of the counter, after being found by Park, in the middle of our side of the pitch, and at the conclusion, a few seconds later. He used his blistering pace, after having found Nani with a sweet pass, to get on the end of the latter's return pass in Arsenal's box and put it away in style.

The second was probably an even more memorable goal, at the Emirates, in the Champions League, when we destroyed Arsenal. This goal was the sugarcoating on an exceptional performance. Arsenal have a corner kick, which is knocked out by our defence. Cristiano, with a deft backheel, puts the ball into Park's path. The Korean, after taking one touch, passes it out wide to Rooney, between two Arsenal players Rooney carries it a few yards and, with his left foot, sends a beautiful inch perfect pass to Ronaldo who had followed through. The emphatic finish by the Portuguese made everyone in the pub I was watching this game in go crazy.

I'm sure there's many more that you want to talk about!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
A goal scored by Bergkamp at White Hart Lane in the Arsenal unbeaten season.The match ended 2-2 and it was one in which the title was clinched for Arsenal.

John_Jensen

A goal scored by Bergkamp at White Hart Lane in the Arsenal unbeaten season.The match ended 2-2 and it was one in which the title was clinched for Arsenal.
Think you might be thinking of the Vieira goal in that game, Bergkamp with the assit. But yeah, good counter attack.

Didn't appreciate that team as much as we should have at the time, sigh...who knew Eboue, Bendtner and Gervinho were just over the horizon!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Think you might be thinking of the Vieira goal in that game, Bergkamp with the assit. But yeah, good counter attack.

Didn't appreciate that team as much as we should have at the time, sigh...who knew Eboue, Bendtner and Gervinho were just over the horizon!
Yes exactly, I confused the goal and the assists indeed.The goal was made thanks to Henry's run

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
We don't score counter-attack goals any more :(
Yeah I miss it too. The excitement of a counter attack, the fact you sit on the edge of your seat, expecting at every moment that one of the players may do something wrong, but when it all goes perfect, it's such a great joy.

That goal we scored in the CL against Arsenal, the CR one, is one of my fondest Utd memories!

Flying Fox

Brisbane Roar v Adelaide United (in black). Also my local side. Can't remember if we ended up winning this.

There's also this one from the '06 WC