Best goal you've ever scored

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
One of the most irritating things in life, along with ironing, accidentally throwing all your beer away, and Snow Patrol, is the way no-one except you ever remembers the best goal you ever scored... even though it was incredible. Or, more likely, they do, but pretend not to... the jealous twats.

In this thread you can finally immortalise it. The format is: name the game it took place in, describe the goal itself, ideally with an illustration, and compare it to the most similar famous goal you can remember, ideally with a video.

Game: college football practice match.

Description: I was ten or ffteen yards outside the area. The ball came from behind and to the left of me, and as it came past I flicked it with my left foot over my man, then lobbed it over the next man with my thigh, then smacked it right-footed on the half-volley through the keeper's legs.

Only my movement was more elegant, the tackles were less spastic, and the players had more arms.

Closest famous goal: Gazza's against Scotland

Excellent Partridge-like commentary there, absent of course from mine. I lobbed it over two men, not one, but Gazza's finish was better. And the game he was playing in was probably more important, in the scheme of things.

Still, well done me... brilliant goal.

DoctorEvil

:lol:

I really hope you had more arms too.

I only played in highschool, mostly in defence. Rarely scored, and cant remember my best one. Probably was a tap in or a header from a couple of yards.

Slevin

Not sure my best, probably one of a few...

Ball came to me, defender was coming up behind me (had back to goal at this point I did) as he rushed, flicked ball over my head and his, left him clueless as to what was happening, rounded him and smashed it on the half volley from the edge of the 18yrd box

Or maybe from a cross I got on the edge of the 6yr box, was mental height and dip, so changed mind from header to volley, managed to get it to loop over keeper and back across goal, was pretty pleased with that because it was difficult enough connecting with it.

I am a shit striker though... I miss the easiest chances :p but can score some decent stuff, rather my central midfield role, sorta like Anderson, but I score more, and don't have his hair yet :(

quiet_united

Vietnamese Red
I once take a volley straight from a corner (similar to scholes vs Villa last year), the ball went so fast, It hit the inside of the right post and bounce quickly across the goal, and went out of the net. The opponent claim it never went in, in fact there's a hole on the left side of the net that the ball might sneak thru there. It was a great feeling hitting it right though.

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
bicycle kick. Twenty five yards out.

Ref clapped me too.

I asked him if that was worth two. He said. "if I could give you two I would. So would they" and he pointed to the 15 to 29 people in the crowd.

One of em was my gf (now my wife) so at least it earned me a blow job.

Oh and we won the league that year.........CLASS

Now I am too old and too fat but still play..

I hate them young cnuts like I used to be. Full of running and piss and vinegar.

I'm to full of ale anymore lol

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
I can't even remember my best one.

But I used to play on the wings (two-footed but mainly right for a powerful shot) so I used to dribble in and shoot Ronaldo style. Apart from less stepovers. (Used to like Giggs and Kanchelskis a lot back in the day)

I got a sweet contact once. Brought the ball down on my knee and hit it on the volley with the front of my foot and got some vicious dip on it right in the corner off the post.

I'm really pathetic now, rarely play, and have lost all fitness that I once had. I'm now more the o'shea - once brilliant megging the best of em' (Figo) but now play anywhere and do the job.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Game: Tournament semi final my team were in.

Description: Last ditch tackle by me, I punt it out wide ride. Guy on the right holds it up before switching the play to the left, mate on the left shoulders the ball into my path as I've now run up the pitch, and I volley with the outside of my right boot and it flies into the top corner.

Bear in mind the pitch is not as big as I make it out to be, and I have no idea why one of them has a mushroom for an arm.

Closest famous goal - Rooney vs Newcastle (for the way ball is struck)

reddevilcanada

Scored quite a few good ones.

One was when our high school played against another school, got the ball in our own half and went past about 5-6 players before getting to the penalty box and beat the keeper at the near post.

Another one was when I played for my regional team 2 summers ago...my mate sent a long cross, controlled it on my chest, touched it with my knee and hit it over the fecker in front of me with my right foot, as it went over his head he gave me a good kick from behind, but too bad for him I was too quick and it didn't really catch me, as the ball went over his clueless head I got around him and fired a volley with the outside of my right foot before the ball hit the ground. The ball ended up in the top right corner from about 25 yards out.

The second one is probably my favourite though as the opposition was much better and it was the goal that won the game.

Christofaux

play as a sweeper/left defender. But try go forward as much as possible. my best goal was in a trial match a week out before a grand final. The ball went out wide right and our player ran the line to put a cross in, as usual our forward ran straight up the middle like an idiot so i hung behind him and out a bit wider. The cross came in and cleared our forward and came srtaight to my feet, first time half volley into the top right hand corner from about 22 yards. Never done anything like it again except in park muck around games.

zain

Believe
Halfway line goal from me....

Saw the keeper just a bit out of his line...
Had team mates open either side of me, didn't fecking care as I just wanted to see what would happen if i smashed it...
So kind of cracked it from way out, and it flew straight and FLAT and just went inches under the bar...fecking orgasmic..

Closest goal..Rory Patterson of FC United..Perhaps ball went even flatter than that.

CrazyBelgian

Left footed volley (I'm left footed so... :D) in the top left corner. Probably more by accident than anything but still nice.

Kind of resembled Zidane's volley in the champions league final 2002 but the ball came from the right so a bit easier.

LizardKing

First Team Regular
I'm the crawling king snake and I rule my den.
A misplaced pass came right to me about 40 yards from goal and I screamed it in off the underside of the bar with my right foot; I'm left footed.

Another one which I wish I'd scored was when I picked up the ball on the edge of my area and sprinted the entire length of the pitch with it before unselfishly laying off my mate who scored.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I've got two. I'm amazing.

The first - College practice match

I picked up the ball near my own corner flag, was closed in by two players, so flicked it round the back of my legs and up the line to one of my team mates. Then, I made my way up the pitch, while other people were doing some insignificant things with the ball. As I made my way into the box, a cross came in from the left. It was in the air and slightly behind me, so as it went past my right foot, I attempted to heel it in with the back of my left. To mine and everyone elses amazement, it actually worked, and went into what I like to think was the top corner. I've tried this so many times since, and apart from once or twice when having a kickabout in the garden, it's failed miserably every single time.

Zola

THe other one was in the school playground. I both cleared the ball of my own goal line, and volleyed it into the other teams goal with the same kick. I don't have a goal to compare this with, as no one else in the history of football has ever done anything that incredible. The size of the playground shall remain undisclosed.

FranklyVulgar

I've got a pretty little mouth underneath all the
Fun thread this one,

Enjoyed the responses so far, i score run of the mill goals mostly, nutmegs are probably what i'm known for but my favourite goal was this...

Not sure who played it, out of defense i get a long high ball over to the right side of the goal, from a tight angle the ball drops over my head and i strike a wild right footed volley that flashes straight into the left hand side of the goal. Keeper didn't move.

It was awesome and the reason it sticks out in my mind is that i am very left footed and score alot of left foot volleys so the technique for the right was top class. 99/100 times that shot would have been truely laughable.

closest goal to it would be Tottis goal last season against Palermo i think where Aquilani does that thing where you cross a ball with a stepover flick (Ronaldo does it, running down the left, cross foot and cross with right) anyway he passes it over to the left and Totti hits a first time volley with his left foot into the bottom right.

I'll get a video link tonight after work! :D

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
The best goal I ever score was in trainign for the might Teignmouth AFC. It was a freekick on the halfway line and I managed to hit it over the keeper. To be honest no one was more surprised than me and you're right plech, no cnut remembers it except me.

Plechazunga

These people are cnuts, Smashed.

Excellent work from Solius, getting into the spirit of things

:lol: @ noodle's playground one

Not sure who played it, out of defense i get a long high ball over to the right side of the goal, from a tight angle the ball drops over my head and i strike a wild right footed volley that flashes straight into the left hand side of the goal. Keeper didn't move.

It was awesome and the reason it sticks out in my mind is that i am very left footed and score alot of left foot volleys so the technique for the right was top class. 99/100 times that shot would have been truely laughable.

closest goal to it would be Tottis goal last season against Palermo i think where Aquilani does that thing where you cross a ball with a stepover flick (Ronaldo does it, running down the left, cross foot and cross with right) anyway he passes it over to the left and Totti hits a first time volley with his left foot into the bottom right.

I'll get a video link tonight after work! :D
That sounds like the goal Bobby Charlton says is the best he's ever seen. I think it was on Standing Room Only that he said it... it was scored by someone for Southampton in the cup I think... maybe not... anyway, I'd never seen it before but it dropped over the guy's shoulder and he hit it on the half-volley, not the cleanest strike ever but it went in from a fair way out, Charlton said it was basically impossible.

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut
Two goals stand out for me:

First one:

Game: University BUSA game

Description: I was pissed off, fuming. We were losing two or three to nothing, I had just been booked for calling the ref a cnut. Freekick, 30-35 yards out. I just belted it Gazza-style top corner.

Second one:

Game: Norwegian league game

Description: I had been on the piss for almost three weeks (end of high school / A-levels celebrations), so wasn't going to play, but we had lots of injuries, so I had to come along as a sub. We were losing 4-2 when I came on 15 mins before the end. We pulled one back, then we got a freekick way into injury time out by the corner flag. I was knackered, but managed to throw myself at the ball, diving header, 4-4. Great celebration. I puked.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
One of the best goals I ever scored was when I was about 9, I must have been 30 yards out and basically just took a wild volley, it went far too high for the keeper and too my surprise scored...probably couldn't do it today if I tried.

Plechazunga

Game: Norwegian league game

Description: I had been on the piss for almost three weeks (end of high school / A-levels celebrations), so wasn't going to play, but we had lots of injuries, so I had to come along as a sub. We were losing 4-2 when I came on 15 mins before the end. We pulled one back, then we got a freekick way into injury time out by the corner flag. I was knackered, but managed to throw myself at the ball, diving header, 4-4. Great celebration. I puked.

Justin

School game, went on a run on the right and beat two players, rounded the last defender on the edge of the box and chipped the keeper far post as he was coming out.

grahamo

Got one in training. Beat 3 of the lads in the box and buried it past the keeper. It was like that one that Georgie Best got for San Jose many years ago. GET IN THERE! The lads may not agree but thats the way I tell it :)

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Goal 1- Against an amateur league side two seasons back.I was playing up front because of some injury problems in the squad(I'm usually a right winger or centre mid)I got the ball around the halfway line after a clearance.Three guys in front of me...I ran toward the right showing my Messi like pace and left the first guy behind.Feinted to the right then quickly knocked it to the left.With a guy on me to my right, set myself up for the left footed sliding shot and crashed it into the top corner.

Goal 2-Playing with my friends in a decent sized pitch.The ball rolled to me after a mispass.I was about 20 yards behind the half.Ran up a bit and crashed it towards the opposition goal...sweetest strike I've ever err..struck.Just below the crossbar and goal.

Last edited:

3Sixty

Game: 4th Round of the Schools National Cup

Description:
Late late in the game, 1-0 down we get a corner, i start to run up, gaffer tells me to get back in goal, i ignore the tosser (who used to play for Rangers before his injury) run up and score with a bullet header into the mid right off the goal. The gaffer then proceeds to sub me for not listening and we lose in extra time :lol:

Most like:

Ivor Ballokov

Playing 5-a-side a few months back the ball came to me just inside the opposition half. Being completely knackered I didn't fancy moving so I decided to try a cheeky back heel. Catching it just right with plenty of back spin it curled around the keeper, who was doing his stan laurel impression, and into the back of the net. For added greatness we were playing in the firey depths of hell.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
I've got two. I'm amazing.

The first - College practice match

I picked up the ball near my own corner flag, was closed in by two players, so flicked it round the back of my legs and up the line to one of my team mates. Then, I made my way up the pitch, while other people were doing some insignificant things with the ball. As I made my way into the box, a cross came in from the left. It was in the air and slightly behind me, so as it went past my right foot, I attempted to heel it in with the back of my left. To mine and everyone elses amazement, it actually worked, and went into what I like to think was the top corner. I've tried this so many times since, and apart from once or twice when having a kickabout in the garden, it's failed miserably every single time.

Zola

THe other one was in the school playground. I both cleared the ball of my own goal line, and volleyed it into the other teams goal with the same kick. I don't have a goal to compare this with, as no one else in the history of football has ever done anything that incredible. The size of the playground shall remain undisclosed.
I don't remember this. Infact I don't think you've ever scored a goal

Plechazunga

Playing 5-a-side a few months back the ball came to me just inside the opposition half. Being completely knackered I didn't fancy moving so I decided to try a cheeky back heel. Catching it just right with plenty of back spin it curled around the keeper, who was doing his stan laurel impression, and into the back of the net. For added greatness we were playing in the firey depths of hell.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I forgot to mention that I scored both of my goals, despite not even having any legs

Colly

I scored from well inside my own half, almost at the right back position. Spotted opposing keeper out of his box having a heated discussion with his centre half and hit one, perfectly, lovely spin on the ball. He scrambled back and was a whisker away from touching it as it sailed over his head and just barely under the crossbar. That was 9 years ago - Never got a better goal, or anywhere near it since.

Dublin

....wise choice for a Username or not? Discuss.
Long ago, I mainly played left back. Once or twice I went up front. Coming on as a sub, (my usual role), this day I was lurking around the box, there was a lot of ping-pong football. The ball came to me from 2 yards out I hit it, and GOAL!!

The best bit came after in the pub, the practice then was to ring the local
Paper, the Fingal Independent and briefly describe the goals, who scored etc.

My mates thought it would be hilarious to slightly embellish my achievement by describing my goal as a “30 yard screamer which hit the top corner of the net, one of the greatest goals efer scored in the amateur league ” The paper duly printed it and everyone who wasn’t at the game (which was just about the whole population) was duly impressed.