Best goal you've ever scored

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Guy in the newbs called foo pm'd me asking me to post this one

I was probably 20, maybe 21 years old, taking a left corner in a random 11 a side game. I meant to lob the ball over the keepers head, and onto the far post. Pretty windy day, ball went over the keepers head alright. Right off the far back post, and into the net.

Thank god it was a windy day.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
I've had a couple of screamers from long distance but the goal I really like is from a penalty spot.
Final of a high school competition, deciding penalty and I'm cool as feck. I always am because I go into penalty shootings with "I don't actually care" mentality and as cynical as I am sometimes I really don't have a problem with responsibility from a penalty spot. If I miss, I miss. It's only a retarded competition anyways.
So, I have a way of taking penalties. It always seems that I'm going to shoot left but that's what really happens:

I can't find a video with that sort of penalty taking.
Maybe I'm the only one.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
I used to do that before my groin got fecked.Now every time I try an outer it hurts like a bitch.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
The best Gaelic Football goal I ever scored was in a first round junior 56(i was that bad at GAA) championship game. We were 3 points down with about a minute to play. I caught the ball in the middle of the park and looked up. I had the wind at my back and went to drop a long ball to our fullforward who had found space in in front of his man. I over cooked the pass and the ball was heading into the goalies hand but the full back from their side kept running backwards and clattered his keeper. The ball ran into the goal and we got a draw. Incidentally we were hammered in the replay.

Best football goal and I only score once in a blue moon as Im a defender. A cup quarter final in the Leinster senior league. We were away at Dublin Bus and I had a stormer. I was everywhere and just felt like running for fun. I ended up in the opposition box on the end of a through ball with just the keeper to beat. I had about 2 seconds to pick my spot and I looked at the keeper and then to the left bottom corner. I skewed it completely off my shin into the bottom right corner and fooled the poor bugger completely. He was shouting at me as he went down that I never meant it :lol: I dont remember much after that because I got hopped on by my teammates who couldnt believe I'd scored (Im that bad!!!)

I_live_cement

Cat freak
I won't go into detail but it was a chilly October's day, the frosted lawn shone like glitter in the early morning sun. I laced my boots with the careful precision of a bowmaker, but with enough haste to avoid the lunch hour rush. As I stepped onto the school field I could sense it was going to be my day, I was king of the school playing field. Unperturbed by the determined look on the defenders' faces, I skillfully flicked the ball to a teammate who duly returned the favour with a beautifully weighted backheel into my path; the perfect one two. From there I proceeded to, one by one, skin the living daylights out of the rest of their back 8 and neatly finish to the goalkeepers left, his weakest side. The crowd sung my name. I sung my name in my head. I was king of the school playing field.

air_mood

5 a side match. Defender from my team sent a long ball towards me. Had my back to the goal, bounced the ball on my knee, turned around and shot it on the volley into the goal.

Comparison, i.e. Drogba against Pool last season, mine was closer though.

Been hitting quite a few belters lately as well.

UnitedRoadRed

Cross from the left wing, hit across the ball though, rather than getting my foot round it so it swung left and flew past the keeper rather than into the path of the striker. Somewhere between Clayton Blackmore v Pecsi Munkas and Paul Parker v Reading. Somewhere between intended and lucky :D

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
University Intramural Indoor Game

I was the keeper for my team and the ball squirted across the gymnasium into our end. "Feck it," I thought "I'll just knock it back into their end" and I hit probably the sweetest ball I've ever kicked. The opposition keeper lost it in the lights and it fell just in front of him, bounced between his legs and went into the net.

Everyone involved stopped and with jaws agape looked at the referee, who simply pointed to the centre circle. Goal!

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Actually does anyone know if a goalie can score direct from a kick out of his hands?

Eurotrash

I was ten. The opposite team were taking a severe beating and decided that the teams where not evenly matched. So they demanded that one from our team go over to their side. Grudgingly, our team decided to hand over what they believed to be their weakest player. This turned out to be - er - me.

Pissed of at having to swap sides, not to mention being thought of as the crappiest player, I decided to show em all. Just after swapping over, I quickly won the ball for my new team, zig-zagged across the whole pitch and scored a great goal. (And no, it was not an own goal ;)) After that, I was always picked among the first. (cue "chariots of fire" music)

Harold_Giles

My favourite goal was very similar to that one from Bergkamp.
I was roaming around about 25 yards out when a teammate passed me the ball. I had a defender at my back so I made a little flick with the outside of my foot to get the ball past him, went the other way around him and smashed the ball first time in off the post.
Even heard an opposite player saying 'nice' to himself :lol:

Stick

Supports
Liverpool

I think Pat Jennings once scored one like that against us
I remember at under 14s our keeper did it and it was disallowed. To be honest I always thought someone had to touch it like a throw in.

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header

My favourite goal was very similar to that one from Bergkamp.
I was roaming around about 25 yards out when a teammate passed me the ball. I had a defender at my back so I made a little flick with the outside of my foot to get the ball past him, went the other way around him and smashed the ball first time in off the post.
Even heard an opposite player saying 'nice' to himself :lol:
The best striker I've ever seen live. Genius.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
a bit off topic i know but it made me think of how i was as a footballer when I was a kid. At home, playing in the fields against the other kids from the estate I was pretty good, confident on the ball, good dribbler, good passer and scored loads of goals.

At school however, I wasn't as confident. The lads in my class were very very good - one ended up going to Boro, a few went on to play Irish footy. They usually didn't pass the ball very much. Anyway, i remember one particular match where i was one on one with the keeper and he starts giving it the verbals, saying that im rubbish and wouldnt score. I hammered it past him and went on to score 8 times in that match. Never ever had any problem after that, was always a good pick. The weird thing is though that i always wanted to play fullback. I loved being able to run down the wing and use the ball properly but most of all i enjoyed smashing people into the sidelines.

Fergies Formula

This season, i have played about 14 games for my brothers sunday league team, having stopped playing 11aside for about 5 years since i was at under 18, i found playing in that league really easy and fun, having been watching football a lot over the past few years you can implement what you see having learnt more in my time out.

Anyway, we were drawing at 2-2 with about 15 min left, and the manager had said he was going to drop me back into defence to sure things up but i said no, that aint gonna happen im gonna score today. So i recieved a ball just in the oppostions half, im playing left wing, with only one striker ahead of me i decide to have a go at the tiring defence, taking it round the DM with a shuffle then skipping past the right winger and right back by faking and cutting inside, i then skip past the remaining two centre backs by teasing them in and knocking it round them, the ball then bounces up on the rough surface and i knew it was my opportunity to strike it, so i lashed across the ball with my right foot and it curled away from the goalie into the top right of the goal and it was 3-2. I struck it in the sweet spot and once it left my foot there was no stopping it, i then got bundled by all the lads who were screaming with joy, very nice feeling, and one ill always remember!:devil:

most resembled a typical steven gerrard strike with the ronaldo-esque dribbling lol! would loved to have that on video

brewlio

A prince among poopers
20 years ago when i was playing 14-16's, a lad on our team took up a typical scholes like position at a corner. The corner taker deliberately spotting him swept the ball out to about the 20 yard mark just outside the box.

The cheeky swine, with his back to goal, back heeled it on the half volley looping over the keeper and into the top left corner. The irony of it is that we were all laughing so much that the oppostion scored straight from the kick off. it was a hell of a goal though.

Fred the bin dipper

Don't blame me mate, it's everyone else's fault.
i once scored a goal in a trainng match ( i was a Goalkeeper so was playing outfield for a bit) anyway, corner came in, someone cleared it to about the edge of the box, i put my foot through it on the volley and it actually stuck in the stantion in the top corner.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
The favourite goal was in a High School 1/4 final and i would like to think it is similar to the one Scholesy scored vs Bradford. Only differences being:

- Mine was from further out
- Less Powerful
- Went into the top right of the goal - opposite to Scholesy's
- The ball actually bounced before i hit it, half volley.

It was in a similar position but opposite side to Jimmy Hasselbainks halfvolley against us a few years back, Ranieiri's first game with Chelsea, ended 3-3.

It was 0-1 to the others, towards the end of the game, other team were by far far the better team, and the ball came across my body and i just thought, Why Not? Bundled by my team mates and our other school mates who were watching on the sidelines.

Yeah, we lost on penalties in the end and i missed one. The glory didn't last long.

vanthaman

Winner
when i was 14, our keeper took a goal kick, one of our players jumped up and got his head to it in the centre circle, the ball then rolled towards me and i just hit it, lobbed keeper from just inside their half.

Plechazunga

This season, i have played about 14 games for my brothers sunday league team, having stopped playing 11aside for about 5 years since i was at under 18, i found playing in that league really easy and fun, having been watching football a lot over the past few years you can implement what you see having learnt more in my time out.

Anyway, we were drawing at 2-2 with about 15 min left, and the manager had said he was going to drop me back into defence to sure things up but i said no, that aint gonna happen im gonna score today. So i recieved a ball just in the oppostions half, im playing left wing, with only one striker ahead of me i decide to have a go at the tiring defence, taking it round the DM with a shuffle then skipping past the right winger and right back by faking and cutting inside, i then skip past the remaining two centre backs by teasing them in and knocking it round them, the ball then bounces up on the rough surface and i knew it was my opportunity to strike it, so i lashed across the ball with my right foot and it curled away from the goalie into the top right of the goal and it was 3-2. I struck it in the sweet spot and once it left my foot there was no stopping it, i then got bundled by all the lads who were screaming with joy, very nice feeling, and one ill always remember!:devil:

most resembled a typical steven gerrard strike with the ronaldo-esque dribbling lol! would loved to have that on video

That's definitely up there with Ivor Ballokov's for the most artistically interesting... even if the story is an utter lie

Fergies Formula

why is it a lie? i even said its easy, the standard is very poor, old fat men and slightly inept youngsters. what would be the point in lying about a goal which really had no significance and was on such a small stage, come on

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I scored a remarkable goal in a scrimmage we had after a team we were meeting in our league didn't get enough players to show up.

with my back to goal I flung my right leg out to control a cross that came in from the left side from about 30 yards out. I didn't control the ball but rather blasted it over my left shoulder and into the net from about 8 yards out.

After I stopped laughing I felt rather sheepish.

Fergies Formula

I scored a remarkable goal in a scrimmage we had after a team we were meeting in our league didn't get enough players to show up.

with my back to goal I flung my right leg out to control a cross that came in from the left side from about 30 yards out. I didn't control the ball but rather blasted it over my left shoulder and into the net from about 8 yards out.

hahaha!:lol:

Plechazunga

why is it a lie? i even said its easy, the standard is very poor, old fat men and slightly inept youngsters. what would be the point in lying about a goal which really had no significance and was on such a small stage, come on
Your head's much too big for starters... and what are those gvuys, ninjas?

American football doesn't count any more than Gaelic

Christ

ninja_alan

The best goal i ever scored was a volley from about 20 meters that i scored last year. My team got a corner that was headed just outside the area, fell perfectly on my foot and was smashed into the top corner. Probably what you could call a lucky strike. :lol: