Best goal you've ever scored

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I have never scored a decent goal as I am utterly shit at football. Like, really, really awful.

Nice artwork there Solius.
It is alright isn't it. Barring the mushroom arm and the fact I drew myself fat for some reason in the last pic :confused:

jb8521

My best goal was when we were after conceding a goal from a really dodgy penalty so I took a shot out of anger straight from the tip off which clipped the underside of the bar and went in. I didn't know what to do so just kept running until I got taken out by one of my team mates. Best thing was one of the other lads dads was a videographer so my parents have it on video somewhere so must try dig it out

Christofaux

My best goal was when we were after conceding a goal from a really dodgy penalty so I took a shot out of anger straight from the tip off which clipped the underside of the bar and went in. I didn't know what to do so just kept running until I got taken out by one of my team mates. Best thing was one of the other lads dads was a videographer so my parents have it on video somewhere so must try dig it out
youtube that shit.

pillory

That's totally unprofessional.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Who tipped you off?

Scholesgoals

The Greatest Goal i ever scored was when i played for my local team under 19's, a classic game against Shenfield, I played left back for that game, and played (without any form of hyperbole) not dissimilar to our own wesley brown (but left footed)

There was this striker on their team who was very good, think a defoe type player, short, pacey, and a bit of a fox in the box and i'd been keeping him quiet all game, although a few times i had to make last ditch tackles.

This goal came in about the 30th minute, and it started by me tackling this kid with a classic Brwned slide tackle, he was running the right hand channel, and i came sliding horizontally towards the byline. I tackled him in such a way that i managed to A) bring him down hard and B) send him off the pitch into the crowd ( a ground busting 50 people or so)

A big cheer went up, as i totally brwned him, and with the loose ball i played it up to the left winger who fannied about a bit nani style, while i continued my run. As i was just on the edge of the box, the winger crosses it in, outswinging with his left foot, with quite a lot of power, so that as i dive towards the ball just inside the box, i connect with it so sweetly that it races past the goalkeepers outstretched left hand and dinks in off the apex of the post and the bar.

Magic.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Not exactly skill wise the best, but I once scored a goal to win a match and take the league title at Under-16 level.

2 matches left we're up by 2 points, a draw makes no difference, a loss gives them the top of the league into the final matchday, and a win gives us the title.

It was drawn 2-2 at the field across from my house so my family were all there. I'd guess we were in injury time because the ref hadstuck his hands up signalling 2 minutes when one of our players asked.

A corner for us, down a man because of one of those bloody off the line handballs, and we decided to have a go for it. Being 6'3" (Yes, at 16 I was 6'3") Naturally i'd be in the box, but I had scored a nice 20 yarder earlier in the match so i was set up as the clean up man.

The corner went in and there was a scramble... the ball pops in my direction, and i touch it over a tackling player... I could have gone down but i decided to give it a volley with my right and voila, top corner past the keeper to win the league.

quethenoo

Dont know if it was the best but the most satisfying was....

Me and my mate had been up all friday night drinking a bottle of glayva and generally getting shit faced and we had a game on sat morning at 10.30. So in our druken state of mind we reckoned "we'll be fiiinee...."slur slur. Got there and there was only nine men....shit.

I play center back and somehow manangaed to stagger past a couple of players, pass it to my drinking buddy, recieve the return ball in the box and slot the ball away in the bottom right hand corner.....than promptly ran of the pitch and redecorated a patch of grass with the contents of my stomach. ahh one to tell the grankids that one! Somehow managed to get a draw out the match as well, opo must have been shite!

cant think of a specific goal but like to think its kinda beckenbauresque, albiet after a good few steins.

vuc

First Team Serb
Dunno about the best, but a real pure strike cam during heads and volleys. The ball came out really high (25 yards out) and I just twatted it and it flew into the absolute top right hand corner. This was just when the 'Put it where you want it' Nike campaign was going on too - if only I put a target up in the net.

There was a cricket match going on opposite the pitch and I ran onto their pitch celebrating rather stupidly at the time..

Most of my good goals have been volleys tbh.

:lol: at the paint illustrations..

Goal was pretty much like this: (but right in the top corner)

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
I'm not a good finisher as well. I usually play as a defensive midfielder too.

Rooney24

Was about 12 at the time and we had a corner, was swung into the box and their defencder tried to clear and it popped up into the air and I just did a scissor kick and stuck it in the top corner.

Finish was like this;

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Playing Central forward, caught the ball from a throw in, just outside the 18 yard box hit it left footed into the top left corner.

Pretty chuffed about that.

Or hitting a low cross in from a corner taking deflection from keepers calf and in.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
scored a hat trick of volleys in a schoolboy game, i was a very back to the keeper mark hughes type striker. The best one was i controlled the ball in the air with my chest, knocked it over my head and swiveled and struck it clean into the roof of the net, seem to remember getting a diving header too in that game!

LizardKing

First Team Regular
I'm the crawling king snake and I rule my den.
Almost scored one to add in here at City's academy pitch the other week, I did a rainbow flick (is that what it's called?) over mine and the defender's head which landed right into the path of our winger who advanced further up the wing with the ball. Meanwhile I had also busted a gut to get into the box, he put it in about head height and I went for the Higuita scorpion kick.

Unfortunately I miskicked it and it dribbled off for a goal kick :( Would have been fecking class though.

Johnno

When I was about fourteen or fifteen, I collected the ball about half-way, dodged past a couple of midfielders, knocked the ball round the centre-back to his left and ran round past his right, then as the goalie came rushing out I feinted to go to the right to round him and gracefully lifted it over him with the instep of my left boot and it floated into the net, which was all the more impressive as I'm right-footed.
In the same game, I was standing by the edge of the area and the ball got headed out, and I dummied to hit it first time on the volley with my right which made the on-rushing defender turn his back to block the shot, and instead I too it over his head on a cushioned lob and belted it on the full left-footed volley and it screamed into the net.
I can still see them both as clear as day.....

Denis' cuff

you've been reading Roy of the Rovers again Johnno :lol:

me? A brilliant lobbed header from outside the box at Hough End. Saw Lou Macari do it once and all these defenders vainly jumped up in the six yard box as it dropped down behind em

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yesterday afternoon when playing with my student colleagues I scored what was probably the most beautiful and satisfying goal.It was a corner kick and since I've never been good in corners I thought that I should stay just a few meters behind the penalty in case of a rebound like Scholes does so often.
There was then this awaited rebound but it was high so I decided to sort of control or knock the ball with my head onto my right side and just after it took a bounce off the ground I hit it with a great volley from above to below the ball (not sure you'll know what i mean).It was a powerful shot and it ended in the top left corner of the goal.
Pure wanking stuff

Johnno

you've been reading Roy of the Rovers again Johnno :lol:

me? A brilliant lobbed header from outside the box at Hough End. Saw Lou Macari do it once and all these defenders vainly jumped up in the six yard box as it dropped down behind em
You cheeky cnut, no word of a lie, both absolute gems and albeit just with the lads on St Bernadettes playing field, they were both pearlers mate, cock-out stuff.
Couldn't score in a fecking brothel these days....

B Cantona

Desperate
Almost scored one to add in here at City's academy pitch the other week, I did a rainbow flick (is that what it's called?) over mine and the defender's head which landed right into the path of our winger who advanced further up the wing with the ball. Meanwhile I had also busted a gut to get into the box, he put it in about head height and I went for the Higuita scorpion kick.

Unfortunately I miskicked it and it dribbled off for a goal kick :( Would have been fecking class though.
The old one Lizard, the 3G indoor pitch close to their old ground?

I used to play there every wednesday. Cracking surface, played as close to grass as you can get

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Bump. Anyone got any new ones? Or anyone promoted since March 2009.

I ran past everybody in the opposite team the other day, but in the style of Titus Bramble. I knocked it round one guy, but it went too far and had to stretch to stop it getting to someone else, got round him but my touch knocked it too far again, toe poked it past another guy who thought he could reach it and hurdeled his challenge. Then I regained the ball and moved towards goal, where another player was in my path, he dove into the challenge and as I tried to lift it over him it hit him in the face, bounced back off my knee and back into my path. With only the keeper to beat I faked a shot and dragged it onto my left foot and scored. Pure class :cool:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
My other goal in that game was immense though. Defender got too tight to me as the ball was played to my feet with my back to goal. As it arrived I flicked it though mine, and his legs. He just stood there embarassed while I bore down on goal, curled it bottom corner and laughed at the nutmegged defender on my jog back to my half.

Diablodave

Scored an absolute carbon copy of this goal in the last minute of extra time to win the u18s shield. As a centre back at the time i was well chuffed with it. Doubley chuffed when everyone said it was exactly like this goal!! Chest and bounce and volley included

Flying Fox

Lobbed it over the keeper (who was off his line) from 18 yards off the half-volley from deep in our own half. I couldn't believe it...the last goal I scored was in primary school when I bundled it over my own goal playing as a defender.

A lot like this one

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Easy one for me - I'm not renowned as a goalscorer.

Last game of a 5-a-side season, top division of Powerleague. We needed a win to win the league and were drawing with a minute or so left. Massive crowd (for 5-a-side) including all of the team that would have won it if we'd drawn.

Our player was clean through and hit the bar, the ball pinged straight up about 15ft into the air back to me standing a few yards in our own half. I hit it on the half volley like a bullet, it curled away from the goalkeeper and flew about as tight into the top corner of the net as was possible.

Best strike I've ever hit, and it won us the league.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
One of my mates has scored a beautiful header. It was lob came from in our area to their box, and he brilliantly headed it towards the goal, while facing backwards.

Chrisjn

I've scored millions of good goals. Last week I recieve the ball on a half volley and scooped the ball of the keeper from outside the box. That was nice.

Aint gota Kalou

I'm a defender and usually turn into the biggest spastic whenever I'm anywhere near the oppositions goal.

There was one time where I picked up the ball from the back in a 6 a side game, was approached by the striker so I did one of those roulette thingys that Zidane is known for doing round him (actually the only trick I can pull off), then another guy closes me down and I do the same to him. One on one with the keeper and I open up my body to pass it into the far corner.

:cool:

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I don't think any really stick out. I liked headers as I was not used to getting into those positions and you have to be brave to stick your head in, even if it's just a moments madness :) Cross came in, planted bottom left corner. Textbook.

Worst miss from 2 yards. I'm sure you know the ones that come at you at some messed up angle and you skew it trying to get your body in position. Never good.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I don't think any really stick out. I liked headers as I was not used to getting into those positions and you have to be brave to stick your head in, even if it's just a moments madness :) Cross came in, planted bottom left corner. Textbook.

Worst miss from 2 yards. I'm sure you know the ones that come at you at some messed up angle and you skew it trying to get your body in position. Never good.
Brave? Moment's madness?

Scoring headers is neither of the above. Unless you're playing with a ball made of concrete?

SirAF

Ageist
In PE class at high school, first a Ronaldo Chop then a Zidane roulette and smack into the back of the net :drool:

VivaRonaldo7

My goal against Frodsham FC this season playing for Ashton FC in a Chester & District League Division 1 League game.

Playing right wing I cut in and laid it off to the Centre Mid who gave it me back. Having missed a sitter earlier in the game I decided to then just hit it 25 yards out....

Described by my team mates as a 25 yard curly wurly bender into the top corner.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

Match Situation: 11 aside against our main school rivals Moseley Secondary. Losing 3-1.

The Goal:

Just remember them taking a corner short and fluffing it up, ball came to me on the edge of our box and done the most ridiculous first touch/turn, I'd ever attempted.. bamboozled two of their players, going in between them and then rolled my right foot over the ball, going past a third before then taking on one of the guys in midfield. Ran past the fecker into their half and then done a lil scissor skill ala cristiano to put it onto my left foot, went around the outside.. left myself a difficult angle but just rifled it into the opposite bottom corner.

Celebration: Something akin to Gazza's dentist chair.