Best goalkeeping performances in the club's history?

Tarrou

For me he's definitely our best ever, but I'd put big Pete's performance against Newcastle at the top. That was a title winning performance.

criticalanalysis

Is it sad that whilst I was wowed once or twice, I'm not crazy impressed because we've seen this from him (too) many many times before.

Actually thought he started a bit poor because once again his tendency to stay on his line meant our defenders had to unneccesarily go backwards towards our goal a bit too deep with Arsenal players breathing down their neck.

Meh. Another standard top level De God performance for me. I expect this to happen because he's so good.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Am I the only one who doesn't think it was that good? Most of the times the ball just hit him and other times he made good saves that he makes every week.
I hope it's just you, because anyone underrating the save from Lukaku and then the double from Lacazette/Sanchez is batshit crazy

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Without question his best performance, I say it because of the context/magnitude of the game itself. Must win match given where we are and he came up trumps once again.

That double save in itself is possibly his best save during his time here, had no right to stop that Sanchez shot.

Jose said to him post match, 'you're best goalkeeper in the world' :cool:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
How can you miss that! I am not exaggerating here but tha save was greater than even the invention of sliced bread
Thanks for that, it was around 55 mins. I was dealing with dodgy streams from half time up until the 59th, so missed that as well as their goal. Top double save though, I get the hype.

Ekeke

Am I the only one who doesn't think it was that good? Most of the times the ball just hit him and other times he made good saves that he makes every week.
The saves he makes every week are the ones other keepers let in.

Fitchett

That for me was one of the three best goalkeeping performances I have seen by a United keeper in 55 years of watching United. Top 3 performances were:
Schmeichel at Newcastle in 1996; De Gea v Everton 2014; De Gea at Arsenal 2017.

EyeInTheSky

People with short memories or are Millennials. Schmeical had a whole database of games like that and not just in the PL.

First half hour was one of the worst I have seen from DDG since his first 2 seasons at United. However, everything after that was sensational, extraordinary and out of this world.

westley

His reaction for the Sanchez save was unbelieveable.

dogwithabone

There’s little doubt he’s now the best in the world. We need to make sure he’s here when he reaches his peak in about 6 years time. I’d throw the clubs coffers at him and just say ‘have the lot’.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
On par with Schmikes after tonights showcase of saves. Performances like this create legends.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
On the opposite side, Brad Fiedel ALWAYS had a worldie against us.

minoo-utd

I'm warning the director of the game not to repeat Arsenal goal,

DDG might save it:lol:.
He was brilliant hope he stays forever our GK.

Slimcharles69

Supports
MK Dons
Some of them were straight at him but the save on Lacazette early on and the double save are sure fire goals they were unbelievable. I concur this was the best goalkeeping performance I’ve ever seen

wr8_utd

:'(
Lacazette's look of utter bafflement just this makes this even better :lol:

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
The only great save he made was the double-one (Lacazette's low shot followed by the stop with his legs from Sanchez). Arguably, the Lukaku deflection save was very good. The rest were regular saves for him. You just can't beat someone of his level from 25 yards out unless it's a truly exceptional attempt.

Van Der Sar for Fulham against Arsenal, the year before he joined United.

fergies coat

People with short memories or are Millennials. Schmeical had a whole database of games like that and not just in the PL.

First half hour was one of the worst I have seen from DDG since his first 2 seasons at United. However, everything after that was sensational, extraordinary and out of this world.
Maybe because that was then and this is now. So its fresher in the memory. Schmeichel had some world class games though, and of course the last minute penalty save against Arsenal in the semi final. He also made some pretty big errors though that a lot of people forget about. DDG is at least on par with him and will surpass him. If not now definitely in the future.

fergies coat