Gaming Best mini-games in underwhelming/bad/poor Games ?

Web of Bissaka

Final Fantasy 8 -- Triple Triad

For a suposedly RPG game, the game have boring rpg battle systems to be honest and disappointing story 2nd CD onwards. Such a shame though, the first part story (CD1) is so good. The battle system is fun short term but on the long run, it's just plain tedious and dreadful. I love the game because of the characters, junction management system (basically managing GForces) and definitely the mini-game Triple Triad carried the whole game. This is also after the superb FF7 game.

The card game is just too awesome, simple yet highly addictive. Great music too and just enough challenges. I'm not a fan of FF9's Triple Triad version - too complex and never understood how the card system works being too random.

Definitely the best card game of all time for me.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I enjoyed the bumper car mini game in the Over the Hedge game based off the movie. I played it quite a lot with my brother.

I also liked the mini game in Dragon Ball Z Infinite World where you had to catch Bubbles as Goku.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Ff8 was great you silly goose.

I liked the puzzleish game from ffx-2 as well. Don't remember the name.

Ibi Dreams

FF8 is definitely good

That said, Triple Triad is VERY good. Shame the one in FF9 was so awful

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Blitzball ffx

/thread
I hate that game. So boring, and the fact you have to play so bastard much of it for Wakka’s celestial weapon really annoys me.

I always tended to just score a goal then go and swim behind the goalkeeper as nobody would challenge you so you could just run down the clock.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
This was a very good game so not what you're after, but one of the later Uncharteds had crash bandicoot as a mini game.

Scrumpet

There are no words
I hate that game. So boring, and the fact you have to play so bastard much of it for Wakka’s celestial weapon really annoys me.

I always tended to just score a goal then go and swim behind the goalkeeper as nobody would challenge you so you could just run down the clock.
Only babies who can't techcopy hate blitzball.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I agree that FF8 is a great game but I also agree that if you dislike the game the Triple Triad game is hard to dislike. Very easy to play and fun!

evil_geko

Wtf, FF8 is a great and underrated FF game, I love it more than beloved (and imo overrated) FF7.

Irwin99

Final Fantasy 8 -- Triple Triad

For a suposedly RPG game, the game have boring rpg battle systems to be honest and disappointing story 2nd CD onwards. Such a shame though, the first part story (CD1) is so good. The battle system is fun short term but on the long run, it's just plain tedious and dreadful. I love the game because of the characters, junction management system (basically managing GForces) and definitely the mini-game Triple Triad carried the whole game. This is also after the superb FF7 game.

The card game is just too awesome, simple yet highly addictive. Great music too and just enough challenges. I'm not a fan of FF9's Triple Triad version - too complex and never understood how the card system works being too random.

Definitely the best card game of all time for me.
We don't bash FF8 here as it's brilliant :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Super Monkey Ball was a great game in its own right but the minigames were superb. Monkey Soccer was a better pick-up-and-play football game than FIFA that year and I don't give a shit what you say.

Last edited:

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Qwent in witcher 3 has to be up there as one of the best mini games, not that the main game was poor though.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I guess building settlements in FO4 was alright, if you're into that kind of thing. The main game definitely fits the thread description.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

It'll be boring once you over power everyone else, but early on it's a very fun game where you train your roster.

It is a side game after all

Drawfull

The last game I expected this to be about was FF8. You don't have to gimp the battle system. God there's some fecking weirdos out there.

Blitzball ain't so bad as long as you have Jecht shot, but it was most tedious weapon. But I maxed out stats (all plus 4 nodes) & items (99 of everything and max of everything else) in X.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Well that’s no way to get EXP and level up Wedge.