Film Best movie scenes

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
After rewatching this over the weekend, I was reminded by how powerful a scene this is. Amidst all the chaos and mounting tension of the previous hour or so, this suspended time scene, and the reaction of all those hearing and seeing a baby for the first time in almost 2 decades, really packs a punch.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
This may be old skool now but believe me, this was groundbreaking at the time. Took me a few years to muster the courage to watch this film back in the day.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I love the underground scene.

It always comes to mind giving me the heebie jeebies if I'm on the tube late night and it's empty.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Excellent call.. that movie is so underrated. Oliver Stone is such a good actors director.
Can make a guy like LT look like he came form method acting
Another football one, this is a tear jerker (especially if one played high school football) scored with amazing song (Explosions in the Sky - Your Hand in Mind)…

Last edited:

big rons sovereign

This may be old skool now but believe me, this was groundbreaking at the time. Took me a few years to muster the courage to watch this film back in the day.

Nightmares as a 6 year old after watching that.
Also, when I moved to London in my teens, I always seemed to find myself alone on Tottenham Court Road tube at night.
Properly nervous going up that giant escalator...

RedPed

Whatabouter.
They don't make films like they used to do in the 90s. One of my favourites The Hand that Rocks the Cradle.

Loved the scene with the way she goes in on the apple.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Over 20 years ago, this was literally a jaw-dropping moment...

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
This ending scene from the 1930 version of All Quiet on the Western Front is remarkable. At the very end you see soldiers looking backwards with a fading cemetery. Didn't expect something so visceral from a 1930 film...