Best. News. Ever!

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
NHS England has today agreed a deal with Vertex for the Cystic Fibrosis drugs Orkambi, Symkevi and Kalydeco to be available to every eligible patients within 30 days. My youngest daughter is 2 and will eligible for Orkambi immediately. This drug could give her another 20 years and will profoundly improve her everyday life!

Some of you might remember a thread I created last year regarding a campaign to get these drugs available through the NHS. I am internally grateful for the support and signatures you guys gave me. I'll be pumping my body full of hard liquor this evening in celebration. I'll be sure to raise a glass to you all.

Much love,
A hysterically happy father.

Fully Fledged

NHS England has today agreed a deal with Vertex for the Cystic Fibrosis drugs Orkambi, Symkevi and Kalydeco to be available to every eligible patients within 30 days. My youngest daughter is 2 and will eligible for Orkambi immediately. This drug could give her another 20 years and will profoundly improve her everyday life!

Some of you might remember a thread I created last year regarding a campaign to get these drugs available through the NHS. I am internally grateful for the support and signatures you guys gave me. I'll be pumping my body full of hard liquor this evening in celebration. I'll be sure to raise a glass to you all.

Much love,
I'm happy for you and all the parents whose children these drugs will help. Who knows what treatments may be developed over the next 20 years. Here's hoping that this is only the start good news.

ivaldo

I'm happy for you and all the parents whose children these drugs will help. Who knows what treatments may be developed over the next 20 years. Here's hoping that this is only the start good news.
Thank you. This is just the start. Earlier this week a triple therapy made by the same company got FDA approval in just 3 months. Hopefully Orkambi will prove to be a pipeline deal for this.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
:drool:

Much love,
Who specifically in Government pushed this through?

Can’t imagine the happiness and joy you’re feeling. Wonderful news! :drool: :D

Fully Fledged

Thank you. This is just the start. Earlier this week a triple therapy made by the same company got FDA approval in just 3 months. Hopefully Orkambi will prove to be a pipeline deal for this.
Hopefully and that these treatments lead to other new treatments that increase both longevity and quality of life.

ivaldo

good luck to your daughter. Thank god you don't live in the US or she would be much worse off.
I count my blessings. List price for American insurance companies is $272,000 per annum.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Good to hear that ivaldo! Amazing stuff, congrats!

ivaldo

:drool:
Who specifically in Government pushed this through?

Can’t imagine the happiness and joy you’re feeling. Wonderful news! :drool: :D
Thank you!

Certainly not Matt Hancock. Chief exec. of the NHS Simon Stevens I think. The biggest kudos though should go to a couple of guys called Lee Madden and Chris Riches of The Daily Express. Certainly not my paper of choice, but they've campaigned tirelessly. It's been front page news every other day.

diarm

Ah man that is great news to read! Delighted for you and your daughter!

redtilded121

I expected this to be some idiotic click-bait thread I could not be more pleased my cynicism was misguided
I wish you and your family well

nickm

I didn’t see your original post but nice one, man. Best to your kid.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Nice, always love to hear some good news. Best of luck to the family!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
@ivaldo this is such brilliant news! Really happy for you and everyone else in similar positions with this deal. Medicine is evolving fast and hopefully the spectrum will improve even more after some years. This is a great relief in the meantime!

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d

Much love,
:drool: Very happy for you pal

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Congratulations. Enjoy the liquor. :)

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat

Much love,
Great news and best wishes to you and your family.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Get in, those are some news to cheer you up. Very happy for you and your family.

Siorac

That is fantastic, so happy I clicked on this thread.

Protect your NHS, Brits.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
There are so many news about new drugs and they usually are news about hope but nothing realistic. I don't know you and never crossed words in the forum, but I am genuinely happy for you and your daughter

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea

Much love,
Really happy for you, amazing news!