Best PL player outside the Top 6?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This has become the problem with modern fans. Some players are rated highly because they score 2/3 great goals and it is all over social media.

I don't think any of these fans who think Neves would sort our midfield issues out have watched him play? yes he has a brilliant shot on him but that on its own is not enough.
I think it has more to do with social media and how easily available information (and hype) is, rather than the nature of modern and. Outcome of the times, pretty much.

romufc

I think it has more to do with social media and how easily available information (and hype) is, rather than the nature of modern and. Outcome of the times, pretty much.
Yep, but its the fans / media who get all excited about certain players. Look at Jao Felix for £100m.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Vardy. Has consistently proven it for years now.

Zaha. Would probably start for us, Chelsea and Arsenal (maybe now that they have Pépé, I’m not entirely sure but they still lack someone on the left).

redmeister

I think Grealish is a lot better than most realize. He hasn't stood out so far, but by the end of the season he could be recognized as the best outside of the top 6 and in the England squad. Unlike the other English 10's, which we seen to have in abundance at the moment, Grealish can take people on in one on one's. So despite being older and having failed to previously live up to his hype, I think he might emerge as the best of an impressive bunch of young English attacking mids.

Maddison
Moutinho
Anderson
Lanzini

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It depends really. I think Leicester and Everton have the star players along with Palace in Zaha.

Zaha / Vardy / Maddison / Digne / Richarlison

izec

The usual suspects from Leicester and Everton + Zaha. I would throw in maybe one or two players from West Ham and Wolves. Haller and Jimenez started the season quite well

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
It depends really. I think Leicester and Everton have the star players along with Palace in Zaha.

Zaha / Vardy / Maddison / Digne / Richarlison
Yeah,really like Digne. Would be ideal competition or replacement for Shaw.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramos

Vardy for me. Was amazing again last week. That finish for the first goal, wow. Wouldn't look out of place in most top 6 squads.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Vardy for me. Was amazing again last week. That finish for the first goal, wow. Wouldn't look out of place in most top 6 squads.
Would look great for everyone bar City maybe.

Yagami

Good post resistant
F.Anderson or Maddison.

Assuming we don't improve you could say Pogba pretttty, preeeeetty soon.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I really, really don't get the Felipe Anderson love in. Vardy is easily the best player outside the "recognised top 6".
Watched him a lot since the 17/18 season after he transitioned from a RW/RWB to a LW/CAM/SS and hes just progressed ever since. Especially as a SS he's fantastic.

His performance against Norwich was an absolute masterclass. Looked a couple of levels above everyone; including Lanzini.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Watched him a lot since the 17/18 season after he transitioned from a RW/RWB to a LW/CAM/SS and hes just progressed ever since. Especially as a SS he's fantastic.

His performance against Norwich was an absolute masterclass. Looked a couple of levels above everyone; including Lanzini.
He has his moments granted but I question his decision making, he is technically very good he should get more goals and assists than he does.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He has his moments granted but I question his decision making, he is technically very good he should get more goals and assists than he does.
Yeah, I don't deny he has iffy decision making. Sometimes he can be too unselfish, too. He could've scored twice against Norwich and, in one of those chances, he opted to pass (which he executed poorly and was cut out) despite he himself being in a better position to shoot.

Still, for me anyway, his positives outweigh his negatives.

AndersB

Zaha, Vardy, Maddison, Anderson, Lanzini, Richarlison are the group of players that stand out to me.
I'd add Sigurdsson to that list. His delivery is sumblime, and his end product too.

Maybe even Boly

Lentwood

I know a few die-hard Wolves ST holders and they say themselves take away Neves’ two/three spectacular goals a season and he is a fairly mediocre PL midfielder

BatistutaGoal

Supports
Leicester City
Maddison: showing himself to be a creative leader.
Vardy: a goal scoring machine.
Sigurdsson: always thought his passing game was brilliant even before his current team. He's got mean accuracy too.
Pickford: brilliant distribution and a leader from the back.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Honourable mention to Moutinho. Guy just makes Wolves tick. They're going to have a problem replacing him.

lex talionis

I assume the question asks right now, not over the last 3-4 seasons.

James Maddison.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
The players I like : Digne, R.Pereira, Vestegaard, Lascelles, Almiron, Haller, Richarlison, Zaha, Andre Gomes, F.Anderson.

Can't believe people are mentioning Sigurdsson, Everton fans hate him

redshaw

Maddison, Richarlison.

I'll pencil in Maguire, AWB and Pogba as we're on a knife edge of top 6 or top 10.

Robbie Boy

I know a few die-hard Wolves ST holders and they say themselves take away Neves’ two/three spectacular goals a season and he is a fairly mediocre PL midfielder
Think that’s evident from watching him alright. Then again he’s relatively young and might improve.