Television Best small nation or region specific TV show?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I know this is going to be a hotly debated topic that ends up with a million pages, but what is the best country or region specific show? Not including worldwide blockbuster things because it's pointless and they're mostly shite.

My nominee is Still Game (Scotland)

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
A fantastic fly on the wall documentary showing Glaswegian culture.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Scotland's been responsible for some great comedy stuff, down the years.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Scotland's been responsible for some great comedy stuff, down the years.
It distracts us from the harsh reality that the majority of us live in a junkie infested concrete shitehole.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
It distracts us from the harsh reality that the majority of us live in a junkie infested concrete shitehole.
You live in Downing Street?!?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Still Game, Chewin’ the fat, Scot Squad. All class.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Burnistoun as well, come to think of it.

Not sure what it is about Scottish comedies. I guess we had to be good at something.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic

As I've gotten older I've started to think that Chewin' The Fat was funnier than Still Game was but obviously SG is more appreciated due to the fact it isn't a sketch show so you somewhat build bonds with the characters to go along with the comedy aspect. Chewin The Fat at it's best though was just on another level. Even the CTF sketches featuring Jack and Victor were better like when Jack has a PC and introduces Victor to cyber sex :lol:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

As I've gotten older I've started to think that Chewin' The Fat was funnier than Still Game was but obviously SG is more appreciated due to the fact it isn't a sketch show so you somewhat build bonds with the characters to go along with the comedy aspect. Chewin The Fat at it's best though was just on another level. Even the CTF sketches featuring Jack and Victor were better like when Jack has a PC and introduces Victor to cyber sex :lol:
:lol: aye it truly was the golden age. I think there was even a time when you got Chewin the Fat and Only an Excuse back to back at New Year's.