Best title chance post Fergie

CM

On paper it may seem that way but we just aren't clicking right now. We can't challenge when we don't know how to get our best players on the pitch at the same time. It doesn't help when we have a hole the size of the sun on the right wing, either.

Liverpool are still favourites. The van Dijk loss is a blow to them but Fabinho seems to be deputising reasonably well and they've still got the most potent attack with Salah and Mane.

PoTMS

If we can pull of a run like last season, we can be there or thereabouts. But we only seem to pull off these results when the pressure is really on after a run preceding it where we've been shocking and have lost so much ground that the winning run means nothing in the end. We are reactive rather than proactive which means the majority on here will eventually be happy to finish top 4 and see it as progress.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
That is true, however we've improved significantly last three games. Not only results, but general play as well.

I am confident we can play against any team in the league at this moment and grab a win. Surely this will not happen every game, but its begging of the season so good signs.
Yes, the more recent form has been better. But we’re already having to claw back a deficit going into games against Arsenal and Everton. The likelihood is that we’re looking at more dropped points. Ole was unnecessarily negative yesterday.

Revan

Assumptionman
I actually think the current squad is better than our last title winning one bar Rooney, RVP and Evra. Fight me!
No way. My combined side would be:

De Gea (2012-2013 version)

Rafael Rio Evans Evra

Carrick Pogba Bruno

Rooney RVP Rashford​

With RVP being the best player on the team. 8-3 for the 2012-2013 version.

SER19

I can't believe we've fecked this season up already. Of course winning anything was always closer to a pipe dream but the point still stands about it being an open contest with city and Liverpool looking nowhere near as formidable and Chelsea spurs and arsenal looking like they have better resilience than we do. I know were not far off these teams points wise but the manner of our start has been absolutely appalling.

Like the summer transfer window, I don't think competitiveness required all that much, yet we still have fallen short. If the team in top had 10 points we'd have managed to only get 3.

Very very disheartening start to season

Josh 76

City Beat Liverpool on Sunday and we win our game in hand. Only 3 points behind the Scousers. :)

Eddy_JukeZ

Funnily it is, but Ole and the coaching staff are blowing it.

Top 4 battle again.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
City Beat Liverpool on Sunday and we win our game in hand. Only 3 points behind the Scousers. :)
That’s the spirit. Losing or drawing against City won’t bother me too much as long as united beat Everton

TheLord

The good thing about yesterday's result is that threads like these can have a quick painless death ;)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
These idiotic threads always slay me!
It used to be the "next 6 game" threads, where they all looked "winnable", then we'd lose the first one.

But title talk when we'd started badly anyway is utterly breathtakingly bizarre.