Best Two-Footed Players Ever

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Gerrard and Vinny Jones were pretty good at two footers.
Is that not what we're talking about?

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
Apart from the aforementioned Jones, I hear that Ronald Edward Harris was also very two-footed during his tackles.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
All of these players who are good with their weak foot are mainly just good at striking the ball, they don't manipulate, control or dribble using their weaker foot. Son and Perisic can shoot or cross with their left very well but they won't use it to pass with, ask them to do quick combination play using only their left foot and they will struggle.

OmarUnited4ever

Ivan Perisic, Paulo Maldini, Pedro Rodriguez, Mason Greenwood and Ousmane Dembele are the most freakishly two-footed players I've seen, in that it actually took me a while to figure out which was their strongest foot.

There's also Santi Cazorla, KdB, Son and Jota are all worthy contenders too, but I never doubted which was their natural side.
Disagree on the bolded, Cazorla is very two-footed, he took free kicks and CKs with both foot.

Greenwood is obviously left footed, since he dribbles and runs with ball using his left foot, but he can also unleash powerful shots from his right foot.

As for Maldini, he is similar to Irwin and Lahm, right footed player with a fully functioning left foot, that is why the all excelled as LBs and were the best LBs in Europe despite the fact that they were right footed.

OmarUnited4ever

All of these players who are good with their weak foot are mainly just good at striking the ball, they don't manipulate, control or dribble using their weaker foot. Son and Perisic can shoot or cross with their left very well but they won't use it to pass with, ask them to do quick combination play using only their left foot and they will struggle.
I think Perisic has a very strong left foot and he can pass, cross or shoot with it as well as he does with his right foot. Son, like KdB, can shoot very well with his weaker left foot but he is dominantly right footed in everything he does with the ball.

Fabio Rochemback

Disagree on the bolded, Cazorla is very two-footed, he took free kicks and CKs with both foot.

Greenwood is obviously left footed, since he dribbles and runs with ball using his left foot, but he can also unleash powerful shots from his right foot.

As for Maldini, he is similar to Irwin and Lahm, right footed player with a fully functioning left foot, that is why the all excelled as LBs and were the best LBs in Europe despite the fact that they were right footed.
It became more obvious with Greenwood faster than the other three I mentioned, in fairness. He actually seemed to favour his left for dribbling more once he moved up to the first team - maybe I just imagined that.

Cazorla it was more obvious to me the first time I saw him play, you can usually just tell by the way a player moves.

Another more obscure example is Morten Gamst-Pedersen. Apparently he was born right-footed but his dad made him use his left foot and it became more dominant... I actually suspect that might not even be true, because I noticed he led with his left foot when tackling in situations where it would have been easier to tackle with his right, and I've got no idea why you'd also retrain something like tackling with your other foot. That said, I've got no idea why he'd lie about something like that either :lol:. People lie about kinds of weird shit to try and sound more interesting though.

Last edited:

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I haven't seen the same amount of Perisic as I have Son, but he seems pretty two footed in his general play? Or is that just a small sample size giving me the wrong idea

Definitely agree regarding Son, his shooting technique with his weaker foot is incredibly high quality, but in his all round play it's obviously not up to the same standard as his right.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Easy, Sir Bobby Charlton. Right footed corners from the left, left footed corners from the right. And the weight and precision of his passes from either foot was indistinguishable in terms of quality.
Spot on.
Not only the best 2 footed player but one of the most talented as well.
He could shoot past the best goalkeepers with either foot.
And George Best was not far behind.

Munkehboi

Kagawa was very good with both feet in dribbling, passing and shooting. Shame his technical ability was good but everything else was a bit naff.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
As far as I can remember all the best players have had two feet.

Weird thread.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Shooting, passing, crossing with both feet is a talent but most decent professionals should be able to do it.
Dribbling or hitting dead balls with both feet is a true two footed player

Irrational.

I don't know about 'best ever' but looking at a few mentioned in the post above I'd say Cazorla
On a separate note, I used to hate the way British pundits (Jamie Redknapp I’m looking at you) used to pronounce his name “Caforla”. Trying to add that Spanish twang but ending up sounded like a moron from TOWIE.

Mainoldo

Louis Saha was crazy two footed. Came in as a left footer. Took penalties with his right foot.

Chief123

Brazilian Ronaldo not only had a venomous shot with either foot, he could actually dribble with either foot too which is mental.

Fabio Rochemback

On a separate note, I used to hate the way British pundits (Jamie Redknapp I’m looking at you) used to pronounce his name “Caforla”. Trying to add that Spanish twang but ending up sounded like a moron from TOWIE.
On the topic of Redknapp and ambidexterity... I remember in a CL game for Dortmund against Real, Hummels made a bad back pass with his right foot which led to a goal. Redknapp said "he's all left foot".

Mats Hummels is right-footed :lol: . The absolute state of British punditry.

Strats

Valencia scored one of his best goals for us with his left foot against Stoke.

Absolute genius for hiding his real strong foot for years

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Luis Enrique and Overmars, both were ambidextrous.

Rossa

Van der Sar. Sure he always used his right when preffered, but he never changed foot. So if the ball came to his left he would proceed with it even going short or long with his passes. Not even Ederson does that (even though he is better all round as a ball playing goalie)

fps

Antony.
Uses the right beautifully for standing.

Okey

For me, being a set piece with both feet is the ultimate test of two-footedness. Perisic, Dembele, Cazorla and Greenwood (in the junior teams) are the ones I've seen. Of course some players who can hit the ball very well with either foot never get to take pieces, so those cna be hard to judge.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Lubo Moravcik was the best I’ve seen with both feet. Free kicks, corners etc. incredible footballer who will always remain underrated.

mav_9me

In the youth teams it wasn't so obvious. He would take and has scored central free kicks with either foot.

But yes I was very surprised to see how much he favored his left foot in the first team.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Dwight McNeil. His right foot is so good that he exclusively uses his left as it would be unfair for the rest of the league.