Best Two-Footed Players Ever

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He's rightfully been named a couple of times already, but here's a video that nicely underlines why:

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
Brehme, Nedved and Sneijder are probably the only players that literally didn't care whether they were using their left or right foot.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Sócrates was pretty much this definition. Marc Overmars was also amazing on this, defenders never knew wich foot to cover.
Roberto Baggio could also pretty much have the same efficiency with both feet.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Maradona, Di Maria, Messi(?)
Messi has scored some pretty goals with his right. Wouldn't include him in that list.

Maybe Quaresma and Rosicky? Those two mastered the outside of the foot technique imstead of using their left.

Walters_19_MuFc

Might be a slight exaggeration, but I honestly don't think I've seen anyone better than Greenwood, especially shooting wise.

The power and accuracy he got on his right foot against both Villa and Bournemouth was just ridiculous.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Lots of players through out history have been good with both feet. But as good as they were with their wrong foot, I could still tell that it was their wrong foot. I have never seen a player use both feet in the way that Greenwood does. There is literally no difference between is left and his right. Sky's the limit for this kid...

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Lots of players through out history have been good with both feet. But as good as they were with their wrong foot, I could still tell that it was their wrong foot. I have never seen a player use both feet in the way that Greenwood does. There is literally no difference between is left and his right. Sky's the limit for this kid...
Dembele at barca is the same. I dont think even he knows.

Carzorla and de bruyne iirc can take corners with both feet

Lynty

Despite being amongst the best.

I think it clear as day that he's a natural lefty.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Dembele at barca is the same. I dont think even he knows.

Carzorla and de bruyne iirc can take corners with both feet
Those are hit with instep of the foot and I can see the difference when they hit it. Greenwood I can't. I have never seen someone hit a shot with laces with their wrong foot like Greenwood did yesterday and hit it so pure. Not without the ball rolling towards them. And there is no difference in technique between his left or right. I literally can't tell what foot he is. The only reason why I know he's left footed is from watching him dribble. But he dribbles with his right too, just not as often...

Classical Mechanic

Might be a slight exaggeration, but I honestly don't think I've seen anyone better than Greenwood, especially shooting wise.

The power and accuracy he got on his right foot against both Villa and Bournemouth was just ridiculous.
We‘ve seen the power with his weaker foot but he can also finish skilfully with it to, the second goal vs Chelsea in the FA Youth Cup is a good example.

both feet free kicks

Still think he’s better on the left. My jaw would be in the floor if he scored the first free kick with his right foot.

Lynty

Then you are better than me because I can't tell...

No doubt he's excellent on his right.

Top 3 for sure. As close as you can get to being truly ambidextrous

But I instantly knew he was a lefty after never seeing him play a game before this season. Dribbling and gait favour pulling the ball to his left.

Okey

A good many players are decent with both feet (witness the beautiful long pass in the video above from the very right footed Pogba). Many can hit the odd cracker or two with their weaker foot as well. But true ambidextrous footballers are actually rare. You know it from the way they move the ball and the ability to hit a dead ball (the true test of two-footedness, like writing is to handedness). Our own Mason is one, especially with the dead ball, though you can tell the left is dominant when he moves the ball. There's video of him scoring free kicks for the junior teams with both. Cazorla is the best I've ever seen. Can't recall any other player routinely switching feet on corners and free kicks. Andreas Brehme runs him close. Sure there's a few others, probably many lesser lights from smaller sides. Our Mason may yet get to be one of the best around for sure.

neilv93

Easy, Sir Bobby Charlton. Right footed corners from the left, left footed corners from the right. And the weight and precision of his passes from either foot was indistinguishable in terms of quality.
100%. Pretty sure Jackie always said Sir Bobby was left footed too.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Charlton no doubt. Watch the left foot rockets in the Charity shield match v Spurs

Inigo Montoya

I always thought Sir Bobby was left footed! Definitely places him amongst the best ever then.
And he was meant to be primarily a goal maker/creator and ended up being a legendary goal scorer

Okey

And he was meant to be primarily a goal maker/creator and ended up being a legendary goal scorer
That too. No wonder he was in pretty much every top 5 best ever players list I saw before the current era.

Inigo Montoya

That too. No wonder he was in pretty much every top 5 best ever players list I saw before the current era.
The thing is Sir Bobby always said that even though he regarded himself as a good player, Duncan Edwards was the best player he ever saw! Two footed, could tackle, good in the air,passing..the lot.

What the world robbed us of, we can only dream about

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
When it comes to finishing, there's not been many better in the PL than Son in this aspect.

BarcaSpurs

When it comes to finishing, there's not been many better in the PL than Son in this aspect.
There's an insane shot map I saw of his once, where outside the box he almost always scored with the opposite foot to the side of the pitch he's on, whilst in the box he mostly with the foot corresponding to the side of the pitch he's on.

Then we have Perisic taking corners with different feet depending on which side he's at. Just too bad neither of them can take a free kick.

Fabio Rochemback

Ivan Perisic, Paulo Maldini, Pedro Rodriguez, Mason Greenwood and Ousmane Dembele are the most freakishly two-footed players I've seen, in that it actually took me a while to figure out which was their strongest foot.

There's also Santi Cazorla, KdB, Son and Jota are all worthy contenders too, but I never doubted which was their natural side.

Last edited:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
NGL, even now I still don't know what is Jonny Evans's strongest foot.

predator

Youth NITK
Zidane was amazing with both. He could dribble with either foot which is the most impressive quality to have as a footballer in my opinion. A lot of players can shoot with both feet but dribbling requires more balance, co ordination etc.

I can shoot very powerful and accurate with my left but I couldn't dribble a yard with it without probably falling over. Watching someone interchanging foot whilst dribbling is absurdly talented for me. Son aswell very impressive.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Morten Gamst Pedersen. His father trained his weak foot to be his strong foot.