Best Two-Footed Players Ever

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
There is really only a handful of players who were genuinely two-footed at the top level insofar as they were able to use both feet expertly in a variety of ways. For example, a lot of players can strike a ball well on their weaker foot, but might struggle to do the same with a dead ball or carry out some of the trickier techniques like chipping the ball or the outside-of-the-foot pass. The three players who seem to stand out for me would be Andreas Brehme, Pavel Nedved and Bobby Charlton. It would be hard to say what their preferred foot was given their ability off either, while each were best-in-Europe material at their peak. Of those not mentioned so far on the thread I'd add in Roy Makaay and Lubo Moravcik.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Isn't Clichy supposed to naturally right footed, but really good with his left?
Yeah was going to mention this. He is right footed but his dad trained him from a young age to be left-footed because it would improve his chances of becoming a professional footballer. Pretty clever to be honest, and he is definitely better with his left so it's worked. Has played RB a couple of times for us too.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Van Der Sar chose to take freekicks and goal kicks with his left at times.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Would be interesting to name three from each country.

Brazil:

1. Pele - arguably the best player of all time, who would be an all-time top 5-10 player even if his right foot was shite.
2. Ronaldo - could go either side at any time because he was so able on both his left and right.
3. Falcao - Same as Ronaldo, but could also spray passes all over the pitch from deep on either foot without a moment's thought.
Falcao and Ronaldo were two footed?

Gopher Brown

Yeah was going to mention this. He is right footed but his dad trained him from a young age to be left-footed because it would improve his chances of becoming a professional footballer. Pretty clever to be honest, and he is definitely better with his left so it's worked. Has played RB a couple of times for us too.
Same with Morten Gamst Pedersen.

pacifictheme

Easy, Sir Bobby Charlton. Right footed corners from the left, left footed corners from the right. And the weight and precision of his passes from either foot was indistinguishable in terms of quality.
Plus he pinged them in with left as well as his right.

Can't believe it took that long for someone to say him!

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Would be interesting to name three from each country.

Brazil:

1. Pele - arguably the best player of all time, who would be an all-time top 5-10 player even if his right foot was shite.
2. Ronaldo - could go either side at any time because he was so able on both his left and right.
3. Falcao - Same as Ronaldo, but could also spray passes all over the pitch from deep on either foot without a moment's thought.
Pele was right footed who could also use his left brilliantly. He would probably be the best two footed player of all time.

lem8sh

Santi the best I can think of. Takes corner with right leg...... ball goes out for corner on the other side so he just whips it in with his left. Unbelievable.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
You said his right foot was shite. I read that as you thinking he was left footed? Maybe I read that wrong?
No. He says that even IF Pele's right foot was awful (and it isn't/wasn't, as it was his "strong" leg) he still would've been one of the top-5/10 players ever, meaning that even with his "weak" foot he would've been absolutely outstanding

Stack

No. He says that even IF Pele's right foot was awful (and it isn't/wasn't, as it was his "strong" leg) he still would've been one of the top-5/10 players ever, meaning that even with his "weak" foot he would've been absolutely outstanding
Cheers, thanks for that.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Most of the players mentioned aren't even two-footed - they're just decent with their weaker foot.

Pavel Nedved and Cazorla are great examples of genuine two-footed players.

Art Vandelay

I actually find players that can't use their weaker foot weirder than players that are almost completely two footed. I learned to use my left. I got to the point where I was regularly scoring penalties and freekicks with either foot and I was shite. Professionals training every day and still not being able to use their weaker foot just seems very weird to me. It's one of my bugbears along with professionals taking shit penalties.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Diego Forlan, Pedro and Cazorla of recent years.

Stack

`
I actually find players that can't use their weaker foot weirder than players that are almost completely two footed. I learned to use my left. I got to the point where I was regularly scoring penalties and freekicks with either foot and I was shite. Professionals training every day and still not being able to use their weaker foot just seems very weird to me. It's one of my bugbears along with professionals taking shit penalties.
Yeah, Maradona should have practiced using his right foot more

Mr Smith

It's been mentioned, but Bobby Charlton was one of the best genuinely two-footed players ever. Would also give a shout to Frank Lampard, who was always excellent with both feet.

ricky-romeo

there was a period where nani was scoring goals with his left cutting inside from the right wing.

evans was equally comfortable either side.

m1y2

from our recent teams, certainly Nani, Andreas Pereira, shout deserves also Carrick and Jonny Evans