Best Two-Footed Players Ever

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Ronaldo. Scored rocket with both feet. And no two foot player score more goals than him.

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
Score goals using weaker foot is not an impressive thing.

Crossing and free kicks probably the hardest.

Last edited:

Haddock

Colombian Falcao has scored some beautiful goals with his weaker left foot.

chomsky89

I always rated him when we played against Blackburn. Always thought his career should've taken off a bit more but I'm not really in a position to criticise whilst answering HR queries from my kitchen.
Pedersen arrived as a winger/LM in the premier league, in a period where the ideal winger-type started to change a lot I think. A "budget-Beckham" was much less attractive than a "budget C.Ronaldo" in 2005-2010 I think. And Pedersen was certainly much more similar to Beckham of those two. Had he arrived 10 years earlier I think he would have gotten a bigger career.

He'sRaldo

Score goals using weaker foot is not an impressive thing.

Crossing and free kicks probably the hardest.
Dribbling is the hardest, especially with adjusting body position for each foot.

That's why Ousmane Dembele is the most 2-footed player I've ever seen. He's one of the very few players I've seen who can adjust his body to dribble with either foot for extended periods, without the need to switch to a more dominant side.

Most players use their dominant foot more when they dribble, regardless of what side they play on. Ousmane when on the left uses his right side to dribble, shield, and execute, and when on the right uses his left. It's the most intriguing thing to watch, I just can't remember anyone else with that skill.

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
Dribbling is the hardest, especially with adjusting body position for each foot.

That's why Ousmane Dembele is the most 2-footed player I've ever seen. He's one of the very few players I've seen who can adjust his body to dribble with either foot for extended periods, without the need to switch to a more dominant side.

Most players use their dominant foot more when they dribble, regardless of what side they play on. Ousmane when on the left uses his right side to dribble, shield, and execute, and when on the right uses his left. It's the most intriguing thing to watch, I just can't remember anyone else with that skill.
Yes, that crossed on my mind too. I have seen Dembele's dribble with his 'weaker" foot helps him create or score goals. He's one of the best right now. Nedved in the past, and maybe Pires?

I've just never seen players using his weaker foot when taking freekicks.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Josef Masopust and Rabah Madjer
Edit - Current players - Piotr Zieliński, Ben Yedder, and Ianis Hagi

Last edited:

Falcow

I seem to remember ole scoring plenty with his left? But dead ball from either foot is very impressive.

montpelier

I seem to remember ole scoring plenty with his left? But dead ball from either foot is very impressive.
I'm not sure, a lot of kicking a dead ball is body shape. Put your stronger foot down in the right place as non kicking foot is half of it I always thought.

Well everything is body shape in a way but your better foot (this means the brain really) compensates and improvises better on the favoured side.

Rossa

VDS is the most ambidextrous goalie I’ve seen. He rarely seitched to his right if he received the ball on his left, even when given ample time. Watching DDG hoof with his left is terrible in comparison.
I don’t see Evans as a candidate. Hasn’t he even stated he prefera playing on the right as he is more comfortable bringing the ball out with his stronger foot?
A future Greenwood perhaps?

agree with those saying it is plain weird that many professional footballers sre so one footed.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Fullbacks Maldini & Brehme were famously two-footed.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Ronaldo. Scored rocket with both feet. And no two foot player score more goals than him.
He would definitely be my nomination.
And he is just as lethal with his head don't forget.

The best player I have ever seen.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
According to his autobiography Bobby Charlton spent a lot of time improving his weaker left foot, particularly under the tutelage of Jimmy Murphy. Might be an extra tick in Charltons column considering his ability wasn't 100% natural in this respect.
Good call. He was able to dribble at pace and then shoot with either foot.

But the best I have seen is CR7.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
Zidane is a good shout. Has seen him smash quite a few goals with his "weak" left foot. The stunner against Liverkusen in CL final 2002 was also with his weaker foot.

Utdstar01

Nani is probably the best 2 footed player we've had in a long while in terms of shooting and crossing.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

Here's some grainy footage of Dmitriy Loskov scoring some free kicks with both feet. Russian league playmaking legend that wasted his potential not moving abroad. He wasn't a quick dribbler, but for everything he did had a perfectly balanced two-footed technique and backed up with great vision. Free kicks, penalties, shots and corners he'd take with whatever foot was best for the angle he wanted and his pinpoint long passes and through balls with either foot were his trademark.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Probably been posted but our very own Diego Forlan was truly 2 footed.

As others have said B Charlton was very very good with his left also.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Ivan Perisic. People believe that he is left footed but he is right footed.

But the best is of course Ronaldo. Amazing with the left and right

Supermonkey_Wolf

Supports
Chelsea
I remember Jimmy floyd H having a sweet left foot next to that powerful right.

Arshavin was another one.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
What about players who exclusively used only 1 foot and were terrible with the other, but it didnt matter? Robben, Rivaldo..

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Michael Owen could score with either foot. Predominantly right footed but he scored some great goals with his left as well.

MrEleson

If Ronaldo's right foot is a 10 for shooting, his left foot is probably a strong 9-9.5.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Diego Costa is easily the most two footed striker I've watched.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Surprised Zidane isn't mentioned more often. Hasn't he scored free kicks with his left an his right?

I also recall him scoring some absolute screamers and volleys with his left foot.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Best - best two-footed player ever!

^ For outfield players.
(Charlton, CR7, Saha and Greenwood)

For keepers,
VDS - best two-footed keeper ever!
If you're just talking United players then Carrick is worthy of a mention. His passing on either foot was exceptional. Scholes was pretty handy pinging it with his left foot too.

Can't really remember but I'm assuming Irwin was pretty strong on his left?

MiracleInMadrid

I'd throw Michael Laudrup in the mix. Great with both feet. Could dribble, pass and shoot with both feet. In addition, he had great vision which made him one of the best playmakers in an era with some of the finest players we've ever seen.