Betting on Transfers

Bondi77

Just wondered if anyone follows the betting on players moving between club's and if anyone has placed anything on Sancho coming to Utd?

Evans999

Be careful with it. Often Sky sports news reported that a transfer is close. Skybet did inviting odds and took a load of bets on it to happen knowing it was bull.

Although Sky have since sold Skybet it remains an easy market for bookmakers to manipulate through media pals.

2 man midfield

Incestuous Modern Woman (Dumper!)
I don’t see much point, the odds are never inviting enough. Unless you were just guessing and got really lucky that is.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Supports
Purchasing Kalidou Koulibaly
Messi is 16/1 to come here with SkyBet. Definitely worth a tenner.

Bondi77

It was Skysports that caught my eye a few years ago when they had us at 1/6 to sign Fabinho and then it came out later that we never even made contact with the player.
After that episode I often wondered how they constructed their market and as there is not a form line that they can use it must be based on rumour or inside info and while the first one is dubious the second would have to be close to being illegal .

Lentwood

Pointless because if you actually where 'in the know' about a transfer and wanted to take a decent price you would probably end up being restricted to some nominal stake like £5

The bookies know some people have knowledge about events they don't so they would take no chances whatsoever

McGrathsipan

It was Skysports that caught my eye a few years ago when they had us at 1/6 to sign Fabinho and then it came out later that we never even made contact with the player.
After that episode I often wondered how they constructed their market and as there is not a form line that they can use it must be based on rumour or inside info and while the first one is dubious the second would have to be close to being illegal .
I've always thought sky and other betting companies drive/leak the transfer rumours to generate hopeless bets.

Mugs game.