Biggest managerial downgrades

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Andries Jonker. How on earth people take him seriously, let alone appoint him to several good jobs is beyond me. The epitome of smugness and arrogance while doing absolutely nothing to deserve to look only the slightest bit of arrogant.
I think for us Dutch people, it's the dumb accent. I loved how Johan Derksen completely destroyed him a few years ago. Though to be fair to Andries he did have the balls to come to the show.

Karlos PFC

Rounding errors, mate. Say it was 87.3% short passes, 9.3% long passes and 3.4% crosses. That adds to 100%, but if you round each figure to an integer, they sum to 99%.

Fun with maths.
Yeah I thought so. Cheers

I cut off the 'Through Balls' numbers as they didn't have much bearing on the argument. Stats are available on Who Scored.

I just don't agree with your assessment, sorry if my reply came across aggressive. But suppose this is a discussion for another thread.
No hard feelings mate, cheers

Fitchett

Harry Redknapp to Glenn Roeder at West Ham
On the face of it yes. But I remember reading a newspaper interview (The Observer I think) with Roeder. In it he claimed that the West Ham board had him working to a greatly reduced budget, as Redknapp had considerably overspend previously.

But there's only one contender for this award, Ferguson to Moyes. It still winds me up, seven years on, particularly as that's when I first got my season ticket at OT.

Luke1995

Milan going from Ancelotti to Leonardo in 2009 was a bad one. Although Leonardo had a little bit of managerial talent, I think it says something that after that he didn't manage again.

abundance

Supports
Inter
I am aware of what Ancelotti did 20 years ago but him taking over from Pep was shocking. I watch most Bayern games and it went from „let’s execute this plan“ to „here is the ball, dribble past your opponent“ within weeks.
He had the very same effect on Napoli when he took over from Sarri.