Television Black Lightning

Sylar

Since we dont have enough comic book adaptations...

But seriously, they said this wouldnt be part of the CWVerse / Arrowverse. However maybe they meant s1 would be standalone before doing a crossover or two? Maybe?

Teaser essentially starts at 1:39 point but whole thing is done well.

Drifter

American
Another Video .Looks good .A little more grittier than other CW shows.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
I think for the first season it will be all about establishing black lightning and then from season 2 they will be crossing over either through it being part of the same earth or through travelling to his earth.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Ooooooh that looks goooooood

Sylar

Did anybody watch this? It was fantastic imo. Its different to the other CW superhero shows. In fact, if you take away the superpower element, its a good show on its own.
Its more grounded than anything else. It sorta reminds me of Luke Cage (but the good stuff when cottonmouth was there lol).

Really enjoyed the music too.

Excellent start.

Schmiznurf

Did anybody watch this? It was fantastic imo. Its different to the other CW superhero shows. In fact, if you take away the superpower element, its a good show on its own.
Its more grounded than anything else. It sorta reminds me of Luke Cage (but the good stuff when cottonmouth was there lol).

Really enjoyed the music too.

Excellent start.
Yep, I loved it.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Amazing first episode. The lead character seems like an awesome actor, compared to his DCU series' counterparts. Got high hopes for this.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Really liked the first episode too. I like the settings very much, I know it may make little sense but it feels more "realistic" than the other shows ? More "down to Earth" at least but it's 1 episode so we'll see.

Schmiznurf

Really liked the first episode too. I like the settings very much, I know it may make little sense but it feels more "realistic" than the other shows ? More "down to Earth" at least but it's 1 episode so we'll see.
I get what you mean about realistic, it carries a powerful message about injustice suffered by minorities so it helps make it more real.

Andersons Dietician

just Watched the first episode and agree with what @kouroux said, weirdly it seems more realistic.
It’s got kinda a dark tone to it like Arrow first had before they tried to water it down. Really enjoyed it.

“I’m going to go get our girls”

One annoyance tho how could his girls not recognise that is their father? He’s basically only wearing sunglasses

Last edited:

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I watched the trailer and sacked it half way through because of the music. It was just so fecking predictable after recently watching Luke Cage. After reading some of the posts, I'll give the first ep a blast.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I used to read the comics so I’ll give this a whirl.

I think he was DC’s first African American superhero.

I was just reading up on the show and it said that DC’s original idea back in the ‘70’s for their first black super hero was a character called black bomber.

His alter ego was a white racist bigot that turned into the black bomber when he became stressed :eek:

Loublaze

ATLien

I was just reading up on the show and it said that DC’s original idea back in the ‘70’s for their first black super hero was a character called black bomber.

His alter ego was a white racist bigot that turned into the black bomber when he became stressed :eek:
That sounds terrible!

Sylar

Imagine that went through at the time
For some reason I think it might have been accepted around that time

I agree
If you take away the comic book element it tackles good issues

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

:lol: this has gotten me interested now

Big Andy

Bloke
just Watched the first episode and agree with what @kouroux said, weirdly it seems more realistic.
It’s got kinda a dark tone to it like Arrow first had before they tried to water it down. Really enjoyed it.

“I’m going to go get our girls”

One annoyance tho how could his girls not recognise that is their father? He’s basically only wearing sunglasses
I thought his family knew he was Black Lightning? It was more outlandish that the old bloke in the suit shop (was that Dexters dad from Dexter?) just happened to have been working on a new suit for 9 years, and had it ready just when he unexpectedly came out of retirement...

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
I thought his family knew he was Black Lightning? It was more outlandish that the old bloke in the suit shop (was that Dexters dad from Dexter?) just happened to have been working on a new suit for 9 years, and had it ready just when he unexpectedly came out of retirement...
I gathered that only his wife (or was it ex-wife, I've had a drink since watching?) knew out of the family.

Andersons Dietician

I haven’t watched the latest ep but I noticed they are now playing this on Netflix as a weekly ep like they do with Izombie. Only the first ep is up right now.

Sylar

Only 2 eps but loving the feel of this show. The fact they skipped the whole origin and kinda making it a return is different but a welcome one.

Wonder how they'll play this out if they keep going at this pace.
I get what youre saying. Im not complaining right now cos its so damn interesting.
I like the relationships so far. Nobody annoying (yet) from the main family.

I gathered that only his wife (or was it ex-wife, I've had a drink since watching?) knew out of the family.
Not sure if youve seen the new episode but

Yep, that seems the case. Guess the first daughter will find out soon given shes accepting already

Andersons Dietician

So they brought it up in the 2nd ep, his daughter says that when you look in to his face it hurts, like looking at a light bulb or something.

Sylar

So they brought it up in the 2nd ep, his daughter says that when you look in to his face it hurts, like looking at a light bulb or something.
Assuming the same thing happens to everybody. That will work, especially given how hes friends with the main cop.

Jig1234

Two episodes into Black Lightning. I'm enjoying it. Great that this show has no ties to the Arrowverse. Especially with shows like Arrow being as awful as they are. This show has great foundations and is very relevant. Reminds me of Luke Cage (which I loved) in that it uses current affairs and ties in racial conflicts to create interesting character dynamics. - Very promising so far.

Sylar

Two episodes into Black Lightning. I'm enjoying it. Great that this show has no ties to the Arrowverse. Especially with shows like Arrow being as awful as they are. This show has great foundations and is very relevant. Reminds me of Luke Cage (which I loved) in that it uses current affairs and ties in racial conflicts to create interesting character dynamics. - Very promising so far.
Yet.

I can see this being on a different earth and eventually being part of it eventually.
But agreed, glad its got the chance to develop on its own.

Drifter

American
Watched both episodes. And really enjoying the show so far. Seems more Netflix than CW with a more darker and gritty storyline . Liking the villain Tobias ,reminds me of Kingpin. Looking forward to seeing where this show goes with his daughters also discovering their powers.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
Watched both episodes. And really enjoying the show so far. Seems more Netflix than CW with a more darker and gritty storyline . Liking the villain Tobias ,reminds me of Kingpin. Looking forward to seeing where this show goes with his daughters also discovering their powers.
Only the elder daughter has powers, right?

Big Andy

Bloke
Seemed like his cop friend recognised him at Lala's apartment.
If you watch it, when he walks up and sees his daughters and that bloke on the balcony, he presses his goggles and they do some weird electric thing, so maybe that blinds people to seeing who he is...

OneUnited24

I saw the trailer for this and it had a bit of a Luke Cage vibe... Is this better?