Television Black Mirror | Season 6 out June 15th

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Definitely not as good as some of the others in the past (in terms of the story). Though it does what I think the show is all about (?) and gives possible scenarios of the future and how technology could scarily work for people, each with their own intention whether deemed good or bad.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I thought it was very good - the stories worked despite some twists being telegraphed, and the standard of acting was high throughout. Good work all round.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
I liked it alright, but it was probably the weakest one apart from The Waldo moment. That's okay though really, it's the nature of anthology series.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Meh. It was good not great, some of the scenes were terrifying though. The first murder, the Oona Chaplin segment and the final scene were the bits I thought worked best.

Wizzard over the end credits sounded ridiculously menacing. :lol:

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Just watching the first one of these. What a load of bollocks :lol:

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
Meh. It was good not great, some of the scenes were terrifying though. The first murder, the Oona Chaplin segment and the final scene were the bits I thought worked best.

Wizzard over the end credits sounded ridiculously menacing. :lol:
Every time it comes on the radio I shudder

Adebesi

I thought it was very good - the stories worked despite some twists being telegraphed, and the standard of acting was high throughout. Good work all round.
Same for me. Saw most of the twists coming, if they were even meant to be twists, as you say a few were quite obvious. That's not really the point with Black Mirror for me tho. It's more the overall concept and the freaky little details than the specifics of the plot that interest me. Thought the technological concept of it and the potential implications for society were very interesting, very scary. A better twist in the plot would have obviously been good but it still worked well without it I thought.

Scrumpet

There are no words
Thought it was very good. Lots of different ideas in one. You could get a whole episode out of the sex offender register blocking at the end.

Panther

New series starting on the 21st October on Netflix. Think it'll have 12 episodes but only 6 have been listed on Wikipedia so far (titled San Junipero, Shut Up and Dance, Nosedive, Men against Fire, Hated in the Nation and Playtest).

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
I love the one with clone Domnhall Gleeson, and the PM pig fecking one, but the others were either too slow or too on the nose for me. It reminds me of BBC Sherlock: how is it that a show with only 3 episodes a season still manages to have filler?

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I love the one with clone Domnhall Gleeson, and the PM pig fecking one, but the others were either too slow or too on the nose for me. It reminds me of BBC Sherlock: how is it that a show with only 3 episodes a season still manages to have filler?
They hit different people in different ways as they pull on different strings. I disagree about the filler as I actually found the one where you record your life and the 15 million merits episodes to be my favourite.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Looking forward to this!... Though a tiny bit concerned that the Rashida Jones written one is basically just the Community Meow Meow Beanz episode played straight...

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Looking forward to this!... Though a tiny bit concerned that the Rashida Jones written one is basically just the Community Meow Meow Beanz episode played straight...
Pretty much was.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I like the story for Episode 5

Men Against Fire
Air date: Oct 21, 2016
Future soldiers Stripe (Malachi Kirby) and Raiman (Madeline Brewer) must protect frightened villagers from an infestation of vicious feral mutants. Technologically, they have the edge - but will that help them survive?

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
What is interesting here is Black Mirrors take on it, they always have a different way of telling the story.
Fair point, and at least having zombies should guarantee that it can't be worse than the Waldo episode.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Charlie Brooker's already written a zombie movie. Which was decent. The Big Brother/zombie mash up with Riz Ahmed in it. Can't remember the name but well worth a watch if you missed it first time around.
Dead Set

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Charlie Brooker's already written a zombie movie. Which was decent. The Big Brother/zombie mash up with Riz Ahmed in it. Can't remember the name but well worth a watch if you missed it first time around.
Yeah it is named "Dead Set" and is a TV miniseries, I am acquiring it now. It got great reviews.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I have no idea what the Community Meow Meow Beanz episode might be, nor will I let it ruin my enjoyment of this series. Which I am super excited about watching. I always thought Meow Meow was slang for one of the legal highs?
Well, imagine a more comedic, off the wall version of this Black Mirror episode (it's the first one) only with togas, and the writer of Arrested Development as the villain.

Last edited:

Fingeredmouse

I have no idea what the Community Meow Meow Beanz episode might be, nor will I let it ruin my enjoyment of this series. Which I am super excited about watching. I always thought Meow Meow was slang for one of the legal highs?
Mephedrone. Not legal anymore I don't think.