Nani
Anderson
Gibson
Scholes
Obertan

Berbatov
Owen

Aaron

Just because we're about to win the league, doesn't mean they let us have an extra man.
Indeed...I was toying with a five man midfield but decided we'd stand a better chance with that PLUS 2 up front.

Delete um....Anderson from that then.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Is this a record for the longest time after a match ends before the next matchday thread was started?

I was toying with the idea of doing it myself earlier on, for my first time, but decided that it would only end badly...

As it is, Elvis made the thread & it stared badly...maybe I should have had more courage?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Team should be...

GK: VDS

RB: O'Shea
CB: Smalling
CB: Vidic
LB: Evra

RM: Valencia
CM: Fletcher
CM: Anderson
LM: Nani

CF: Berbatov
CM: Owen

Subs: PIG, Fabio, Evans, Giggs, Rooney, Park, Hernandez

Scholes will still be suspended will he not? Wrap Rio in cotton wool now, give Hernandez a bit of a rest also

Havak

Pokemon master
van der Sar
Rafael Smalling Vidic Evra
Valencia Fletcher Scholes Nani
Berbatov Rooney
--
Kuszczak; Brown, Evans; Anderson, Gibson; Owen, Hernandez​

Don't see much reason to rest all of our first-team players for this game - rest them against Blackpool when this title is (hopefully) already won. Ferdinand is one I'd just leave out now, just because of his past fitness problems, two weeks off will probably be better for him than playing more. Evra might not make it - I'm unsure how serious his injury is but if missing the two games is more beneficial then so be it.

Giggs, Carrick, and Park should get the two games off after putting in some tough shifts as of late, but I wouldn't be surprised if Giggs plays some part against Blackburn. Fábio has his appearances now and he's looking favourite to start at right back against Barcelona so he might be left out until then. Valencia needs to play another game to get to 10 Appearances, so it should be this one, and we can bring in a fresh Nani on the other flank. Fletcher and Scholes both need game time, as does Berbatov.

Don't mind if we draw this one, I'd happily take a point right now as I'm sure any United (and Blackburn) fan would.

I'd expect van der Sar, Fábio, O'Shea, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Giggs, Park, Rooney, and Hernandez to all be completely rested against Blackpool if we pick up the point we need here.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Why is everybody benching Rooney and Hernandez? We still need a point, and the CL final is still 3 weeks away.

I would field my strongest line-up.

-------------------VDS----------------------
--Twin----Rio-------------Vidic------O'Shea--
--Valencia----Carrick-----Anderson-----Nani--
------------------Rooney--------------------
-----------------Hernandez------------------

EDIT: By the way, what's up with the OP? We are about to win #19 for God's sake.. A little more enthusiasm??

Jonno

Vds

Fabio
Smalling
Vidic
Evra

Valencia
Nani
Carrick
Gibson

Rooney
Hernandez

Really struggling with predicting this line up, we could all be way out!

Hitchcocker

Are there any of our players who need appearances for medals?

Valencia is on 9. How many is Owen and PIG on?

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot

Devil may care

Our away record has been poor this season so I don't see Fergie messing about here, the players will have a 2 week rest if we get a point this Saturday, that is enough as they need to also keep sharp.

VDS

Fabio
Vidic
Rio
Evra

Nani
Scholes
Carrick
Valencia

Rooney
Hernandez

Widnes

should go with strongest possible team get it wrapped up and rest v Blackpool then they have 2 weeks off before the champions league final, don't think they need to rest players for this one I know we will be sick if we get any injuries but to long of not playing competive footy before they final may not be such a great thing anyway.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
-------------------------VDS----------------------
Fabio------Ferdinand----Vidic--------Evra/O'Shea/Evans
---------------Carrick----------Scholes
---Nani-----------------Berba--------------Rooney
-----------------------Owen

Cold_Boy

The team should be:

VDS

O'Shea
Vidic
Smalling
Fabio/Rafael

Nani
Anderson/Scholes
Carrick
Valencia

Rooney
Berbatov

No messing around.Get the result here and enjoy the Blackpool game which is at home by giving youngsters a chance.

beardsleybob

Don't goalkeepers only need 5 appearances for medals? Course, I could be wrong.
This is the rule regarding medals anyway:

The League Champions shall further receive 21 commemorative medals to be presented by the Club to its Manager and to such of its Players and Officials as it thinks fit provided, in the case of a Player, that he has that Season played in a minimum of 10 of its League Matches. Additional medals may be presented with the consent of the Board.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Sitting in the home end for this one...:nervous:
This might be the last game you ever go too. Hope you make it out unharmed, especially since we are going to get at least a point from this game. We will be Champions at the end of the game. Good luck to you.

RonaldoVII

This might be the last game you ever go too. Hope you make it out unharmed, especially since we are going to get at least a point from this game. We will be Champions at the end of the game. Good luck to you.
Why do you say that? :nervous:

Do I need to wear a disguise...?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
VDS
Rafael Vidic Smalling Fabio
Fletcher Scholes Anderson Nani
Berbatov Owen

or summat like that.

Have Rooney, Hernandez, Gibson, Park and Valencia on the bench.

Give Giggs, Carrick, Evra and Rio the day off with instructions to stay at home in thier personal jacuzzi all day.