Blocks for playing for United

Marwood

From anything that I've read and seen, they reflect more in sadness than fondness of their time with him.

If it turns out Giggs was addicted to sex and controlling women, would it be an ok excuse for his behaviour and getting off with his brothers wife?
You're conflating actual addictions, diseases, with somebody who likes controlling women. Two different things. That along with you thinking an addict can "just stop" makes me think you don't really understand addiction or don't believe in it.

Read further about Bests wife's. They both speak really fondly of him. His first wife says she doesn't regret a minute of it. You've got to make sure you're factually right about this stuff.

This isn't me excusing Best. Like all alcoholics he was awful at times. Selfish, violent, disruptive. They shouldn't really be in relationships. It will always end badly.

But there's a difference between a guy with a disease, who with the right treatment could have been a different person and say Giggs, who seems to act the way he does just because he can.

The Siege

Rio and Cantona are not nearly as heinous in their actions.
Even if Rio was dead guilty of doing performance enhancement drugs, gaining an edge in sport would still not scale up to the other dirtbag activities that are humanitarian crimes.
Cantona was provoked and got violent. Disgraceful yes, but again, the other party in that incident was equally nasty.

Giggs. While cheating on his brother's wife is a despicable act and it makes him a pathetic person, it's not exactly a crime and it's not something the club could be blamed for not getting into. His post-retirement assault charges though, he would and should have been booted out and his footballing legacy should not have been considered for a second.

Ronaldo still walks among the general public because courts and legal systems are not equipped to judge these crimes. It expects victims to somehow be a super spy while unexpected crimes happen to them and document evidence to have a shot at justice. He's thrown money to keep it quiet, and no matter how much people try to convince me, those are not the actions of an innocent man.

Greenwood should spend a decade in prison.

Albin Johansson

Even if Rio was dead guilty of doing performance enhancement drugs, gaining an edge in sport would still not scale up to the other dirtbag activities that are humanitarian crimes.
Cantona was provoked and got violent. Disgraceful yes, but again, the other party in that incident was equally nasty.

Giggs. While cheating on his brother's wife is a despicable act and it makes him a pathetic person, it's not exactly a crime and it's not something the club could be blamed for not getting into. His post-retirement assault charges though, he would and should have been booted out and his footballing legacy should not have been considered for a second.

Ronaldo still walks among the general public because courts and legal systems are not equipped to judge these crimes. It expects victims to somehow be a super spy while unexpected crimes happen to them and document evidence to have a shot at justice. He's thrown money to keep it quiet, and no matter how much people try to convince me, those are not the actions of an innocent man.

Agreed. This is so accurate.

Oranges038

You're conflating actual addictions, diseases, with somebody who likes controlling women. Two different things. That along with you thinking an addict can "just stop" makes me think you don't really understand addiction or don't believe in it.

Read further about Bests wife's. They both speak really fondly of him. His first wife says she doesn't regret a minute of it. You've got to make sure you're factually right about this stuff.

This isn't me excusing Best. Like all alcoholics he was awful at times. Selfish, violent, disruptive. They shouldn't really be in relationships. It will always end badly.

But there's a difference between a guy with a disease, who with the right treatment could have been a different person and say Giggs, who seems to act the way he does just because he can.
Addicts can stop, they just have to want to stop. He just didn't want to stop, he was given plenty of help and a transplant that could have gone to someone who wouldn't have wasted it.

I've read about what she's said, I've seen her speak about him. She says those words but they are all tinged with sadness. Like when she tells the story about the day she knew she had to leave him, it's hardly a fond memory. Or how she tried to drug him with sleeping pills so he couldn't leave the house, or maybe how he would disappear for days / weeks on end leaving her alone not knowing whether he was alive or dead. All happy memories.

I'm not going to excuse Best or view him differently than I would any other alcoholic wife beater. They are all pieces of shit.

Same as for Giggs, he's also a piece of shit.

wolvored

Yes fully agree. Just because they played for Utd shouldn't excuse rhem one bit. If they were City players for example, no one on here would let them off lightly