Blue Cards to be introduced which will send players to the Sin Bin

RedRocket9908

Blue cards are set to be introduced for football sin-bins, with players removed from field for 10 minutes for cynical fouls or dissent, what are your thoughts on this idea?

48 hours

Blue cards are set to be introduced for football sin-bins, with players removed from field for 10 minutes for cynical fouls or dissent, what are your thoughts on this idea?

Something else our useless refs can feck up

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
:lol: Sort out the current rules before introducing a new one please.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Does a blue count as a yellow then? Or can you go blue-yellow-blue-red?

SER19

absolute idiocy. so is it a yellow? what happens if you get a blue and a yellow? or two blues? can a 'cynical foul' be a yellow and a blue?

Just implement any of the current rules consistently without giving these failures another way to get it wrong

SER19

Rodri will go from 60 games per season to 60 minutes.
he won't though, he doesnt get punished as it is. All of these ideas and rule changes make no difference until refs are any good.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Does a blue count as a yellow then? Or can you go blue-yellow-blue-red?
there’s a handy rhyme;

blue then yella? lucky to be on the pitch there fella.
yella then blue? it’s an early bath for you.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I'd be more agreeable to this if they included diving in this too.
Dives can appear as cynical fouls.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Sin-bins in football won't work unless you also stop the clock when the ball isn't in play and make the games 60 mins. Otherwise teams will just time waste their way out of it.

Mike Smalling

Here's a crazy prediction: The implementation of this will be wildly inconsistent.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Stop fecking about with the on-pitch rules and sort out the off-pitch ones.

didz

:lol: Sort out the current rules before introducing a new one please.
This. Referees have the smallest brains of any mammal relative to its size and we shouldn't be asking them to do any more than remembering to breath. I'm convinced that the only reason the card will be blue is to remind them of the dangers of forgetting that vital action.

MegadrivePerson

absolute idiocy. so is it a yellow? what happens if you get a blue and a yellow? or two blues? can a 'cynical foul' be a yellow and a blue?

Just implement any of the current rules consistently without giving these failures another way to get it wrong
Yellow and Blue = Green card.

uwotm8

it's a tough one. Because I think fans have already started to become discontented with changes to the game especially with VAR and it's sometimes dodgy implementation.

However, there is little more frustrating as a football fan seeing a great counter attacking opportunity getting ruined by a cynical foul. Seeing a player like Nacho getting pulled to the ground by the shirt as he's about to burst into open space just takes the piss and ruins the game.

I think sin bins for obvious, cynical rule breaking should be implemented but give enough time for fans to absorb the changes. Maybe in 2-3 years. Might be a revelation like how introducing the back pass rule changed football

Reactions: jojojo

neon_badger

The media will no doubt push for this, even the article uses Chiellini’s shirt-pull on Saka in the Euro's as an example.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
For cynical fouls, yes, because they are obvious.

For dissent, no, because refs allow some teams/players/managers to spit bile in their faces one week and then book players for flinging their arms the next. Far too inconsistent, or dare I say corrupt.

Oranges038

Be grand if they just applied the current rules without adding to the mess. Teams will just time waste those minutes.

Unless they also punish time wasting with a blue card.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Its a sensible idea, but then so is VAR if you don't place it in the hands of idiots.

PL officials can't even figure out what offside is despite it being 99% factual. Literally anything with any room for subjectivity they will make into an absolute agenda driven mess.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
there’s a handy rhyme;

blue then yella? lucky to be on the pitch there fella.
yella then blue? it’s an early bath for you.
I’ve tried for a funny one, but my brain can only rhyme red with “shit the bed”.

stevoc

Let's just skip 10 steps ahead, make the ball oval, allow players to pick it up and run with it, then change the name to Rugby so I can just stop watching this shite alltogether.

They can't even implement the current rules properly yet they want to continually change them every 12 months.