Booing our own players would you?

Oldtraffordboy

I'd boo and I have booed at half time and full time. I also wouldn't go out of my way to support the mediocrity holding the club back like Harry Maguire. The fans going out of their way to cheer his name today must of forgot the disgraceful performances he's been putting in this season.

I agree we should not try and build his confidence by cheering him. We need to ensure his confidence stays low, thus perpetuating the poor form of both him and the team.
Just to prove a point.

Excellent excellent logic.

Reactions: 711

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Why would I pay money to boo a player on a team I want to do well?
How's that working out for you?

Madrid is an unforgivable place, but the truth is those boos help remind players that the fans careless the moment they can't do their job, most times the reaction from the players or player is good and if it's not fans make sure Perez knows such a player should never be seen in a Madrid shirt and that my friend is why we are one of the most successful clubs there is.
Basically this. Fans with higher standards vs top reds.

Denis79

For playing badly I wouldn't boo. But if they do something really bad I could vocalize my discontent. If a certain player would ever return to play for us would boo my heart out for example.

Delano

It's not something I do, a "feck off" does the same. But it happens and its not a new thing.

I've heard the likes of Young, Nani and Welbeck booed heavily at OT.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
It's not something I do, a "feck off" does the same. But it happens and its not a new thing.

I've heard the likes of Young, Nani and Welbeck booed heavily at OT.
I think it was a CL group stage game under Moyes and Nani was booed like crazy. I remember being very pissed off about it.

Tyrion

Yes we all know that but it's clear our fanbase has become extremely toxic and this is certain to happen now
Maguire's substitution was cheered which is basically the same thing.

You can boo at half time or full time if you really need to if you feel the team is not giving 100%, but no idea what targeting and booing individual players is going to achieve.
That's a better alternative. I'm fine with fans booing but it is unhelpful to target individuals so this seems the best way.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I think fans overstate the significance of their booing and it’s potential implications.

I think at a club like ours, the players don’t really care either way. Sure, there’ll be the usual media storm and contrived sub-plots about “fan driven anger” but the truth is, if the players are switched off from performing they are also switched off from the noises that come with it. They just have to be.

Having said that, I’ll never boo a player because the world has enough of negativity and drama

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I wouldn't do it and I couldn't care less what they feckin do in the Bernabeu or Allianz Arena .

I've been at one of the most toxic grounds in England when shit hits the fans (The Emirates) and it genuinely affected the players performance throughout the game, obviously not in a good way. Absolutely horrible.
Did the Arsenal players deserve it ? in my opinion , not really.

It all felt abit surreal really because they only went into the half time break level.

Last edited:

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I have never booed in my life because for me it's such a bizarre/ ridiculous/ unnatural reaction. I'd feel like I'm doing some sort of ghost impression :lol:

In saying that I'm becoming increasing frustrated by the narrative that fans should either support the team (no matter what's happening on the pitch) or shut the feck up.

Its some corporate / PR led nonsense primarily aimed to protect their brand.

If you voice your displeasure on the internet they use the fact that everyone in the stadium is behind the team to make out that the online support is toxic and only the real fans are in the stadium.

If you voice your displeasure in the stadium "You arent a real fan".

I'd actually argue that those in the stadium who are awarding underachievers with raucous applause are doing more damage than the ones saying it's not good enough.

I think at points if you are the supporter of a football club you have the right (even the responsibility) to express the fact that the players/ management/ owners aren't up to the standard you expect from the club.

Right now If I was a Manchester United fan I would be reaching my breaking point with the players and while I wouldn't "boo" I probably would be venting my frustrations verbally.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Uniteds support is soft. Think when all the fans broke away and made their own club there was no hardcore support left or at least very little.
Yep, clearly no hardcore support left for the club. Everyone is off supporting FC United of Manchester. Their last game against the mighty Atherton Collieries had 1,700 previous MUFC ultras in attendance.

Maybe the two clubs could merge, I can see them going for that. MUFC get ~2k fans and FCUoM get the glamour and glitz of supporting the Disneyland of football. I'll e-mail a proposal to both sides immediately.

Frank Grimes

Yep, clearly no hardcore support left for the club. Everyone is off supporting FC United of Manchester. Their last game against the mighty Atherton Collieries had 1,700 previous MUFC ultras in attendance.

Maybe the two clubs could merge, I can see them going for that. MUFC get ~2k fans and FCUoM get the glamour and glitz of supporting the Disneyland of football. I'll e-mail a proposal to both sides immediately.
Some probably don't support either mate.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
I don't think booing acheives anything and Utd's players have a bad enough attitude already without making it worse.

I do think that, with nothing to play for, it is the perfect time to protest against ownership.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
How's that working out for you?
I'm not judging anyone who does this! I understand why people boo, and even though the practicality can be debated, most booing (bar really nasty, bullying behavior) I condone from paying supporters who care about the club (more than I do)

But me personally, I don't get to see United live often. Even if Bruno took a dump at the center (centre) of the pitch I'd probably still be in awe I was at OT, so much that I'd view such desecration with fascination instead of rage...

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I don't think booing acheives anything and Utd's players have a bad enough attitude already without making it worse.

I do think that, with nothing to play for, it is the perfect time to protest against ownership.
Why coddle their attitude by being afraid to criticise them? They're a fecking disgrace.

Varane around town

I would never boo a player unless he'd gone out of his way to be a massive C*nt and disrespect the club.

Whether or not you think Maguire is a good player or a bad player. Should or shouldn't be captain. I don't think any fair person could say that he isn't trying his best.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I'd boo the following

1. Leaking disruptive rumor to the media
2. Stopped running or putting efford. Can turn a blind eye one or two match. Continuously not giving a feck is not tolerated
3. Giving attitude to the fans ( throwing tantrums, throwing armband, disrespecting the fans)
4. Flirting or using liverpool / city for contract negotiation

As for the rest, out of form that's fair play.

How's that helping? That may not in 1 match. But maybe they'll reflect better on why they got booed and wisen up. To the very least we're sending a strong signal that this kind of attitude are not tolerated and the next time they're thinking of stinking out the place they better watch out

Looking at rashford attitude lately and telling me to cheer his half arsed attitude and not arsed performance? Sorry. This is not what i sign for when i support United. Our players of yesteryear might get beaten but they never stopped fighting, even the likes of quinton fortune and roy keane who has won it all never stopped giving their all.

If they got butthurt and lacking the drive to win the fans back then they're not worthy of the shirt and they can feck off

Last edited:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Booing your own player (on an individual basis) is off the table for me really.

Booing the team if they've put in shoddy performances consistently? Yeah, that's fair game I think after a while.

I guess lack of effort is the only thing I'd boo from a footballing point of view.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Madrid is an unforgivable place, but the truth is those boos help remind players that the fans careless the moment they can't do their job, most times the reaction from the players or player is good and if it's not fans make sure Perez knows such a player should never be seen in a Madrid shirt and that my friend is why we are one of the most successful clubs there is.
I had the same idea basically, it certainly is classless and ruthless but it sure seems to be effective. I wonder if we've been too soft at times.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Paying for the ticket, you have a right to react how you want. This isn't snooker game where a slight cough is heard on different end. Football stadiums should be exploding with emotions, especially OT.

Do what you need to do.

SER19

This idea of support the players at all costs is embarrassing. I support the club at all costs and no group of players in my lifetime have ever disgraced it like these. Won't even put in a tackle. The seasons over and these players should be shamed out of the club until it officially ends.

Even an ounce of passion for their teammate who's watching at home after tragedy? Nah.

Some hint of revenge at being humiliated 5 nil earlier? Nope.

Even a whisper of intensity in the name of the fixture and its history? No thanks, not us.

You can lose 10 nil and keep your integrity.

Scum

mancsarered

Any boo or jeer is justified with this lot. They do not fight for our club, why should our fans back them?

SAFMUTD

I hope we boo every single one of them in the next home game, why should the fans support this lazy no heart shit players? they walk around the pitch while getting humilliated by Liverpool, they deserve nothing.

m1tch

Did the away fans give Pogba any when he went off tonight?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Clapping this lot is a disgrace. I would fecking boo them. Fans sometimes needs to leave these players in no doubt that we have standards.

hobbers

Booing is too good for this lot.

Jeers and mockery are all they're worth.

youmeletsfly

Why shouldn't you, especially if you're a match going fan and you pay money to be entertained.
At least they should put the effort in while I'm paying to see them. If not, fans should boo them off the field.