Booing our own players would you?

Kostov

But its the players wearing the badge -- not you. So arent you disrespecting the badge the players are wearing by booing them... and the badge?

Whats your contribution to the club and the efforts/performance? Zero I assume.

So what right do you have to boo?
If you spin it enough times maybe you will get to some shitty excuse that would explain this theory of yours. Nobody is booing the badge, their performances and attitudes are being booed, rightly and I hope much more is to come.

What is my contribution to the club? What kind of idiotic question is that? By this logic 99% of United fans have no right to criticize any of the over PAID employees of Manchester United, and the ones that actually manage to get into a stadium to watch them play should not boo because they have just poured a ton of money into the club, directly and indirectly, but have contributed feck all yes?

So what right does a Manchester United fan have towards the overpaid thieves wearing the badge? Or only Sir Alex and the like can boo?

Cloud7

If booing the team is so detrimental, then how come two of the teams most known for booing and visible displays of displeasure, Real and Barcelona, are still so successful?

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
As a fan booing is probably the clearest way you can show your dissatisfaction, without turning chaotic. Those are very well payed grown men on the field, they can deal with it.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Why is the thread title written as if Yoda is asking the question.

I think booing is a useful tool to show disatisfaction. There is only so much that can be said on social media before an admin or community manager deletes it. Booing shows the big wigs live that its not alright.

Of course, you don't boo a miskick or something stupid in 1 game, you boo continuous bad decisions/performances.

Roario

Somethings gotta give here. The standards have dropped so far below acceptable and the players don't seem to care.
Maguire thinks he has had a good season according to himself. Rashford and Pogba have mentally checked out.
We have every right to let the players know that this is not acceptable and the best way to do that is to boo.

JB7

You're against booing but screaming at the players to feck off is ok?

What?
Crucially he cut out the contextual part of the post where I said that booing is acting like a child at Halloween. I've said that before on here and people don't like it, if you want to to, boo, each to their own. But yeah at the end of another crap performance I'm much more likely that say "that was shite reds" or something than go "boooooooooooo". It's not the concept of booing I dislike rather the pathetic childish nature of it.

The Siege

In my experience today was a bit like Souness last night. We made it to easy that they were nearly feeling sorry for us and I didn't get any slagging but more sympathy.

Not sure if that's worse to be honest

You were completely right about it. It's somehow worse to be 'Yeah, we've been there'-ed by Liverpool fans. Ugh.

Djemba-Djemba

Crucially he cut out the contextual part of the post where I said that booing is acting like a child at Halloween. I've said that before on here and people don't like it, if you want to to, boo, each to their own. But yeah at the end of another crap performance I'm much more likely that say "that was shite reds" or something than go "boooooooooooo". It's not the concept of booing I dislike rather the pathetic childish nature of it.
Seems a weird thing to be concerned about. If anything booing is better than just swearing and shouting at the end of the game, that's more embarrassing I'd say.

For what it's worth I've traditionally not liked booing and never done it myself but I think this squad deserve it. Their lack of effort this season has been an insult and a disgrace and that's why they deserve it.

Booing Fred for not being good enough even though he always gives 100%? , not a fan of that. Booing pogba for throwing the towel in 10 minutes into the Liverpool game ? Yeah he deserves it.

Last edited:

Dr. StrangeHate

Seems a weird thing to be concerned about. If anything booing is better than just swearing and shouting at the end of the game, that's more embarrassing I'd say.

For what it's worth I've traditionally not liked booing and never done it myself but I think this squad deserve it. Their lack of effort this season has been an insult and a disgrace and that's why they deserve it.

Booing Fred for not being good enough even though he always gives 100%? , not a fan of that. Booing pogba for throwing the towel in 10 minutes into the Liverpool game ? Yeah he deserves it.
Basically this. If any team of players deserve to be booed and have poo in their glove compartment, it is this one.

hobbers

Walking out? Telling them to feck off? I'm just not keen on booing, never have been.
Walking out lets the players off the hook way too easily. When Liverpool are 5-0 up at OT and taking the piss, an emptying stadium makes it easier. Also the fans who leave early are the ones with standards, and the ones who stay are either daytrippers or doormats, so even after they’ve disgraced themselves and the club, a half empty stadium will still rise to applaud the players.

Telling them to feck off or that they’re not fit to wear the shirt in chants, yeh that’s a good solid way and I hope we hear more of it, but it’s far harsher than just booing.

shahzy

I live in reality. You can be good or bad. It's not lovedovey all the time. If a player is shit and not trying I'll boo the shit out of them. Not sure why this is a huge deal

Hester_manc

Support mediocrity?

Fans have been way too soft. To the point that players think it's okay to play poor and mug us off.

Just not acceptable and I'd say the fans are more than entitled to boo when the players aren't putting in a shift. Many fans give up hours in travelling to attend and spend alot (to them) to enjoy the day only to see the team not care.

Feck the players and their feelings, I'll always love and support the club but those players (with exception to the few that can hold their heads high) should rightfully be boo'd. Can't believe the state of some fans, let's applaud, cheer and clap the side that make no effort. Reward the team for just turning up and rolling over for a spanking.

Give your head a wobble...Jesus.
That is exactly the kind of rhetoric and attitude I dissociate myself from. How to believe that it benefits the team to boo of a player is a mystery. Internet warriors sit safely behind the screen at home and scold the players. That culture is brought to the stadium to a greater extent. I hate that trend and see it as really primitive.

If you do not care about the players and their feelings, you also do not care about the club as they are a big part of the club. How anyone thinks it helps the club or the players' performance is hopeless

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
That is exactly the kind of rhetoric and attitude I dissociate myself from. How to believe that it benefits the team to boo of a player is a mystery. There, Internet warriors sit safely behind the screen at home and scold the players. That culture is brought to the stadium to a greater extent. I hate that trend and see it as really primitive.
If that's the case, you need to go to Real Madrid forums and speak to their fans how they treat players when they're in bad form. See how they try to damage their property, not to mention their faces in few occasions.

United supporters have been one of the most tolerant, if not the most tolerant supporters when it comes to biggest clubs.

TheRedDevil2019

That is exactly the kind of rhetoric and attitude I dissociate myself from. How to believe that it benefits the team to boo of a player is a mystery. Internet warriors sit safely behind the screen at home and scold the players. That culture is brought to the stadium to a greater extent. I hate that trend and see it as really primitive.

If you do not care about the players and their feelings, you also do not care about the club as they are a big part of the club. How anyone thinks it helps the club or the players' performance is hopeless
Last time I checked, my season ticket was still active and I have no plans to cancel it. (Despite the tripe I'm seeing on the pitch.)

So much for your Internet warrior insult eh?

Do the players care about you or I? Do they care about the sacrifice many thousands make to support the team? The majority of em don't, as evidenced by their actions on and off the field.

All I ask for is commitment and effort on the pitch. If we lose but give our all, I can happily accept that.

Hester_manc

If that's the case, you need to go to Real Madrid forums and speak to their fans how they treat players when they're in bad form. See how they try to damage their property, not to mention their faces in few occasions.

United supporters have been one of the most tolerant, if not the most tolerant supporters when it comes to biggest clubs.
I know it is worse many places, but that does not make this better, does it? I have been a United fan sine 83 and have always been proud of the fan culture in this club. But not so much anymore. Maybe I am just getting too old.

jackal&hyde

We've seen them be good enough to come 3ed and 2ed and now they can't run. So for this season, I'd say YES. Most of them deserve to be booed by their fans because they clearly done less then they could.

Having said that, I would not do it. And that's shame on me because I should and they deserve it.

b82REZ

I went to various games under Fergie when the crowd booed at full time. A game against Sunderland on Good Friday comes to mind. This isn't a new phenomenon.

The sanctimonious attitude of booing is childish or detrimental is laughable. The slide into mediocrity has been hastened by the apathetic responses to the shite being served up for years. It's bred a culture of doing the bare minimum and this is present from top to bottom of the club now.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I hardly see or hear a supporting voice at Old Trafford to be honest. Don't exactly see how a significant boo will be unless the whole stadium is hurt post-performance.

Alot of our Old Trafford fan base is almost tourist visitors.

R'hllor

Sooo booing is a no no in general or only towards players in the team you supposedly support?

Jacob

Booing is a completely acceptable and convenient way to communicate your discontent. It's direct, it's apparent and understandable.

I wouldn't boo for anything but at this stage, the players need to hear it.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
When they disrespect the badge to the degree this bunch of overpaid, lazy cnuts have, yes I would and fans should hound half these pricks out of the club like how Madrid fans would. Remember when everyone said how shitty they were for doing it? Well maybe there’s a reason why they have 13 European cups and we have 3, maybe their fans have higher standards and are winners. Top reds though, would rather we faded away into obscurity than boo these bunch of frauds.

meamth

When they disrespect the badge to the degree this bunch of overpaid, lazy cnuts have, yes I would and fans should hound half these pricks out of the club like how Madrid fans would. Remember when everyone said how shitty they were for doing it? Well maybe there’s a reason why they have 13 European cups and we have 3, maybe their fans have higher standards and are winners. Top reds though, would rather we faded away into obscurity than boo these bunch of frauds.
I agree. I'm done being nice and I'm rooting for the fans to give them a hell of treatment everytime they are playing, until we win again.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
When they disrespect the badge to the degree this bunch of overpaid, lazy cnuts have, yes I would and fans should hound half these pricks out of the club like how Madrid fans would. Remember when everyone said how shitty they were for doing it? Well maybe there’s a reason why they have 13 European cups and we have 3, maybe their fans have higher standards and are winners.
Spot on. I think booing players like Shaw, Rashford, Maguire would pretty much finish them, with their weak mentality and lack of fight. It’s a good way of protesting if part of the problem is those players and the management keep offering those players contracts and “clean slates”.

Based Adnan

Players could take a shite on the pitch and score own goals at every chance and the OT faithful would clap them off.

Oldtraffordboy

I agree with they deserve booing, but I don't think it will help.

Confidence is at an all time low.

Not sure how to react really.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
14 now.

They've won more CLs in the last decade than we have in our entire history. :(

Jerry Garcia

Somehow the top reds think it’s beneath them to boo - that’s their opinion but I disagree with it. With the exception of the kids and the newly signed players, every single player deserves to be heckled and bood from the fans. They make obscene amounts of money and can’t even put in effort most of the time. Their behavior is disgraceful.

Djemba-Djemba

At this point I would yeah.

This set of players are disgraceful, lazy, and totally unlikeable.

They deserve to be booed.