Boring, boring Man United

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

How do Man United not have a striker or player who has scored 10 goals in the league for four years. No wonder why we are utter shite.
Rashford is inconsistent, Martial is inconsistent and not very good and they've been our forwards over that time. In 3 years time, Bruno could be on there.
It's not about consistency. Martial and Rashford were first choice players since last season, before that they were competing for same position playing 50% of the mins.

For example, Rashford scored 10 goals in 2018-19, 7 of those came under Ole in half a season. Before that season he started 17 and 16 league games under Jose.

It's same for Martial too. He played around 50% of total mins under Jose. This season he was awful though.

Also in 2016-17, Zlatan was out first choice CF, he scored more plenty of goals. In 2017-18 and 2018-19 Lukaku was our first choice CF, he scored more than 10 league goals.

There are lot of factors, like changing our attackers, young players growing from rotational player to first choice players.

lysglimt

Scout
I just don't understand all the negativity. It was the least important game of the season, and it was really all about a) not losing b) not getting players injured c) keep fresh legs for Roma.

Winning would have been nice, but it wouldn't have mattered that much.

If Leeds had attacked us like they did at O.T - we would have won. They didn't and we made a lot of sloppy errors when we had chances. But we still looked in control of the game and Leeds hardly created any big chances

Acquire Me

Thought we played reasonably well yesterday. The problem was that we could not even finish our dinner and Leeds had 10 men behind the ball all game.

Seems Bielsa have abandoned his gung ho style
Yesterday was a good game. We play a lot more composed now than before. We did not have that finale finish though, but all in all we did good.

The match showed us how far we have come. I am excited.

The negativity is baffling. We are on course and it’s quite easy to see at this point.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
If anything, the fact that Leeds didn't want to attack us yesterday is the Greatest compliment to how far we have come.
It would have been easy for Leeds to go all out attack, get turned over and be seen as the plucky losers, instead Bielsa showed Ole huge respect by playing spoiling tactics to essentially kill the game.
Leeds didn't play to win that match, they played not to lose, and it worked. On another day it may not have.

I can't remember the last time a team set up like that against us, which shows to me at least, that we are beginning to get that respect back.

Although it's up to the team and Ole to work out how to break them tactics down, as I'm sure other teams will be looking at that and thinking they can do likewise.

crossy1686

career ending
Rashford is inconsistent, Martial is inconsistent and not very good and they've been our forwards over that time. In 3 years time, Bruno could be on there.
For some reason people expect Rashford to score every game, despite carrying injuries all season.
Martial has been utter shite, not inconsistent.
There's nothing to suggest Bruno will be inconsistent in a few years.

hubbuh

I don't think anyone can be particularly surprised that Leeds adopted a much more pragmatic approach to the reverse fixture. Not only did we turn them over at Old Trafford, but they're a team with a fraction of our resources. It's to be expected. They've got 4 points against City this season so they're certainly a decent side. They've also been extremely resolute at home since the turn of the year, so only taking 1 point isn't the end of the world. Credit to Leeds (yes I know they're cnuts etc.) and Bielsa.

What I don't understand is people saying that that was a good, entertaining game. It was dire.

GueRed

the quality on show from both teams was very poor at times.

lots of forced and unforced errors.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
its the same as always we rely on moments of brilliance not good attacking structure. So when no player comes up with a great moment we are screwed. Plus we don't really have a clinical finisher in the squad besides Cavani. Greenwood may get there but he isn't there yet and won't get there to play the majority of his games on the wing.

stw2022

I sense a team ready to kick on but sadly have reservations about whether we have a coaching staff in place capable of facilitating that to happen

Tyrion

For some reason people expect Rashford to score every game, despite carrying injuries all season.
Martial has been utter shite, not inconsistent.
There's nothing to suggest Bruno will be inconsistent in a few years.
I expect him to be a better finisher.

I meant "on there" as in on the list of PL players to have scored 10 or more goals in each of the last four seasons.

Withnail

It's not about consistency. Martial and Rashford were first choice players since last season, before that they were competing for same position playing 50% of the mins.

For example, Rashford scored 10 goals in 2018-19, 7 of those came under Ole in half a season. Before that season he started 17 and 16 league games under Jose.

It's same for Martial too. He played around 50% of total mins under Jose. This season he was awful though.

Also in 2016-17, Zlatan was out first choice CF, he scored more plenty of goals. In 2017-18 and 2018-19 Lukaku was our first choice CF, he scored more than 10 league goals.

There are lot of factors, like changing our attackers, young players growing from rotational player to first choice players.
Yeah it's not exactly difficult to explain with valid reasons as opposed to nonsense like 'we're shite'